PDA

View Full Version : Went Shopping

Lisa Marie
08-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Has this ever happend to any of you girls in here? I went shopping today and finally got me a pair of Levis Boot Cut size 14 short jeans. I get them home and try them on and their a bit long at the bottom. Next time I get jeans should I get a different size? What size can I get where the bottom isent so long? I also got a jean skirt to think I could have gotten a size 12 instead of 14. Anyone else in here have this kind of problem? Oh the jeans I got today were a misses if that helps any. :mad: Angie

Wendy me
08-11-2005, 11:58 AM
try them on before you buy them .....saves a lot of returns ....

Sharon
08-11-2005, 12:07 PM
As far as the jeans go, can you sew in a hem? I do this all the time and it works well for me. Just remember to use a thread that is both heavy and closely matches the color of the jeans.
As far as sizing goes, if you know beforehand what you're going to buy, go to the website of the manufacturer or retailer and check their sizing charts. What size you are for one brand doesn't necessarily match the size you are going to be for another brand.

Jamie M
08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
oh no , you've lost weight and gone down a dress size , whatever will you do :nerves: hehe ;)

I'm afriad I've never experienced that , most of the time the items i get are too small :cry:

Katie Lynn
08-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Luckily, my girl is the same size as I am. If we are out shopping and I am not dressed, then I just make her try on what i want lol. Its fun shopping together.

Stephanie Mancini
08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Jeans come in different lengths, maybe yours is the correct length for wearing heeled boots

Steph

Sigrid
08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
You might try washing them in hot water and then drying them at high temperature... that might shorten them up enough for you.

However, I agree with Wendy on this one. Try them on first. I shop at Old Navy often and have never been denied access to the fitting rooms to try on womens clothes even dressed in male mode. The Gap is good about this too. Old Navy has a wonderful selection of jeans, btw.

Jodi
08-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Sigrid brings up a point. For those who are leary of trying on in a store, try to pick the stores that cater to both men and women, ie Old navy, Gap, J Crew, TJ Maxx, etc. This way, you can select the item that you want and use the men's dressing room area. At the one J Crew store where I shop there are no separate rooms. Men and women in the same area. Just a thought for those who want to build confidence.

Jodi

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Angie, not sure if you mean the legs are too long or they're too big in the butt. The latter is an occupational hazard of being a CD, but stretch jeans seem to have fewer problems (Avenue has some nice ones in your size). As far as leg length, if you look online, sites will often state the inseam length for a particular size for that brand. Some jeans are designed to be worn with heels or boots, so that could be why they're too long.

But ultimately women's sizes are far more inconsistent than men's. And the cut of jeans varies from brand to brand. Some GGs will invest a lot of time and effort finding the brand that's fits them well.

As far as your existing jeans, you could take them to a dry cleaner to get them hemmed. You'll just need to figure amount the amount of shortening needed -- probably you could compare inseams with your guy jeans that fit -- and then you're just dutiful husband/boyfriend running an errand for his SO.