PDA

View Full Version : If you could trade with your SO??

NikiMichelle
03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
What if you could for one day trade lives with your SO:

What would you learn about being the SO of a CD?
What do you think your SO would learn about being a CD?
Who would benefit more?
Would it help or hinder your lives together after the experience?
Would you ever want to do it again?

Thoughts/comments?

:daydreaming:

sherri52
03-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I am divorced twice and have no SO at the moment, but I wouldn't want to trade any day with them. Since the divorces they have both gained weight and I now have a better figure and I weigh over 200

JaytoJillian
03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
absolutely not

tamarav
03-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Not for me. I would be so confused about the CD in my life and what to do at work...

jenifer m.
03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
wouldent want to trade,i wouldent want to put up with me ha ha ha.

AllieSF
03-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Trading for a day will not prove anything. It would need to be for an extended period of time to have any meaningful results. A MtF may be stuck with that worst day of menstrual cramps, missed deadline at work, a houseful of sick vomiting kids and a dog that ate the wrong thing and then left the results all over the living room floor on that brand new carpet. All this while the SO gets that perfect CD day of being dressed perfectly, going out with some T-friends, dancing and partying till the wee hours of the morning, forgetting about the SO at home with all those above referenced problems. Not much really learned that would help the CDer's cause in that scenario.

Yeah, definitely need a longer period of time switching positions! I guess that is why true open, honest communication, or a good third party intermediary is needed sometimes to explain who we are, what we are doing, what we want to do, and at the same time listen to the each other's concerns about all that.

christinek
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I would like to do this like in the movie "Like Father Like Son" , the full experience with the person I love. You cant do this with out the hormones rushing thru you and all the other emotions and such. I may not like it, but I would still want to experience it. To be a girl for a day or few days and not feel people are looking at you, calling you out. :daydreaming:

Wearing the cloths and they actually fit right off the shelf :heehee:

Stephenie S
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree. One day would show and prove nothing. A few years and you might learn to appreciate some of the less attractive aspects of being a woman. I sure that at the end of any protracted period of time, you might be desperate to get back to being a guy.

JustWendy
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm wondering if we're missing the point of the question. I don't think the exercise would be to see what it really feels like to be a GG, but how is our SO really feeling when they look across the couch and see their man in a dress and makeup? If we traded places for a day, would we feel her fears, her heartache for losing the person she married, would we feel her inability to concentrate on the book she's reading or the show she's watching because she can only think about the clothes and the strange turn her life has taken. And our SO would be experiencing our feelings. Would she understand better what dressing means to us. And most importantly would she finally believe without a shadow of doubt how much we loved the women across the table from us? I don't think it would take more than a day to come to a much better understanding of each other. And let me say, for the first time, that's just my :2c:.
Wendy.

thechic
03-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't trade places

AllieSF
03-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Wendy, I agree with the idea that it would be good to be able to be in someone else's shoes to be able to feel and experience what the other has been feeling and experiencing. However, my point is that you would need a much longer period of time to really feel that. Who is to say that the one day that is chosen would not lead to further misconceptions versus further clarity. The concept is interesting but not really applicable in the real world, in my opinion of course.

NikiMichelle
03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Wendy, you got what I meant in posing the question. Sure the scenario is impossible to have happen...but just thinking about it forces one to see that there are always two sides to every situation. We (CD's) get frustrated with "our issue(s)" but our SO must have their own "issues" as well.

Thanks for your insight.....

Kerigirl2009
03-02-2010, 01:46 AM
I sense a lot of responses of are you kidding me. I think it would be a great day to change and see how we actually think. Out of the first few responses I got the feeling of I could never live with myself, so does that mean that our SO are better than us.
I would do it just to see what she thinks about, rather than seeing how I would feel about being a girl. (but that would be a plus) I think.

Stephenie S
03-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Being able to "trade places" in our mind is called empathy. It's a wonderful trait to own and use.

Stephie

Joanne f
03-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Being the SO of a Cd i would learn that i have to be more understanding of the needs of a Cd and give them more time and more money to buy things and that the relationship is all about the Cding and nothing else really matters as long as the Cd is happy .
My SO would learn that being a Cd makes you a very nice person and every thing you do and say is right as Cd`s are well balanced caring and understanding people and they need to have it all their way (which they should).
Oh Me Me Me would benefit more as i should.
The only reason i would do it would be to help my life, who cares whether it is together.
I would only want to do it again if the SO had not got the message of what Cding is all about . :)

ChainedJane
03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
My SO is pretty accepting, so I wouldn't expect any changes on that front...

However she's always wondered what it would be like to be a man for a day, and I've always wanted to feel what it would be like to be a GG for a day, so I think we'd love a trade.

sometimes_miss
03-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Well, I haven't had an SO for a very long time. But one thing I always wondered, was how painful menstrual cramps were, so I guess I would have liked to be able to trade a day as her when she was having her period. Christ, I didn't complain that much when I had kidney stones.

RADER
03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Now I love my wife very much; but with all her health issues, I would not
trade places with her. The poor girl takes 15 pills a day. And I would not
wish that to anyone. And she allowes me to underdress 24/7 and dress
fully 2-3 times a week. Mainly when there is no Nurse/Therpy person
comming that day. Rader