PDA

View Full Version : "Old" Dog - "New" Tricks

Danielle Gee
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi Girls

My Sweetie came up with an interesting idea a few weeks ago. Like a lot of older couples (we’re both 59) most of our meals are micro-waved and eaten while sitting on the couch watching TV. Pretty boring huh?

A few weeks back she came up with a fantastic idea “We enjoy you getting all dolled up right?......So why don’t we both get dressed to the nines each Sunday afternoon…..Cook a nice dinner…..get out the good china…..open a bottle of wine….and have a great time”?

We’ve did this now three Sundays in a row and I think it’s great!!! I’ve gotten to wear my best outfits, stockings & heels and we have both had a great time. For those of you “out” to your SO, but not “out” in public it’ll add a bit of spice to your life.

Love; Danielle:love:

jenifer m.
03-01-2010, 09:12 PM
good idea.ill see what my wife says about doing that.i know id like it.

kaitlin
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Sounds wonderful!!! Were going to give it a try!

VeronicaMoonlit
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
What a wonderful idea.

Veronica Rogers

Stina84
03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
It sounds like a wonderful idea. It is so nice to have something to dress up for.

Phyliss
03-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Lovely idea. Do be sure to get out the silver candle holders.

Joanne f
03-02-2010, 05:34 AM
What a great idea, i am glad to hear that you are both not to old to try new things together, who gets to wear the maids outfit when it`s washing up time :heehee:

Daintre
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Wonderful idea, your wife really hit a home run with that idea.

Kimmy55
03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I generally dress up for dinner on the weekends.But as its just me and the 2 dogs its not as exciting as it could be.

anna kate
03-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Danielle, Why wait for Sunday? I dress almost every evening for dinner. On Sunday I make breakfast for us and am dresseed when I do that too. Really sucked when I splattered bacon grease on my Poodle skirt though. That taught me to wear an apron, naturally it's one of those with the bib and bordered with lace.
Been trying to get Mama to go out to dinner (on the evening of her choice) with me dressed. So far she's not receptive to that. Some day...
Huggs, Anna Kate

Andy66
03-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Aw, how sweet. :)

I generally dress up for dinner on the weekends.But as its just me and the 2 dogs its not as exciting as it could be.
If you dress up the dogs it will be more fun. :heehee:

docrobbysherry
03-02-2010, 10:34 AM
" The family that plays together, stays together". :)

Maybe it's also tru that the family that dines together, grows together!?:brolleyes:

kimdl93
03-02-2010, 11:10 AM
that sounds like a great idea! When my wife comes home from work, I usually try to have a nice dinner ready - and I usually greet her dressed, but our "date" nights are a little more elaborate.

NikiMichelle
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
My wife and I often have a Sunday dinner "cooking date" where I can dress up and we cook dinner together. We'll often try a new recipe off of the net and share a bottle of wine while we cook and dine together. It is a great way to put on a Sunday dinner.....

Jamie48
03-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Good for you girls, sound like a lot of fun.

suchacutie
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
This hit a real chord with me as my wife and I are very interested in letting Tina be her own person. This is not as easy as it might sound since that means trying to avoid the tasks/desires/projects/interactions that my masculine side has built up over the years.

This idea of a special dinner-day that's just for the girls is a great way to start. We've also identified specific books that Tina would like, movies just for the girls, foods Tina enjoys cooking (even the same foods as she makes them differently (even with the same recepie!), different crochetting projects (Tina has her own site on Ravelry.com!), and the list goes on. This idea does make a visit from Tina special, even if it's many days in a row!

tina

sherri52
03-02-2010, 02:49 PM
It is a good idea. Gets you dressed and spices up the marriage. Let your wife know how everyone feels about it.