PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing and losing weight

irenetancd
03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I like miniskirt.

AllieSF
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Wow! Congratulations on the big weight and waist size loss. That is an accomplishment to be proud of. However, over 3 months seems like a very short time for so much. A lot could be water/fluid loss. You might want to slow down a bit and see if you can maintain the current weight before trying to lose much more. By the way, you look good in the skirt.

Mister Ed
03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Well done Irene, I've lost 20 Kgs since I started at the gym for reasons like your own. I've actually gotten rid of a few clothes (guy and girl) and lingerie along the way because they were too big.
I agree with Allie's comments about the short time frame: it took me 1 year to loose the 20 Kgs. My doctor ordered a few blood tests, one before I started and one some 7-8 Months in. I'm pretty much due for another. It's a bit extreme if you're are worried just about dehydration, but it's a good idea to watch your cholesterol etc as well. My cholesterol, while quite healthy, dropped allot. This is despite the fact I moved onto a high protein diet.
Now if only I could afford the new clothes to replace what doesn't fit.

docrobbysherry
03-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Only had time for fast food lunches. And, I lost a few pounds in a few days!:eek:

I simply ate Carl's Jr. salads, instead of the usual burger and fries!:)

Another tip: I only drink plain tea with lemons. So, their evil "help yourself" drink bar doesn't scare me one bit!:drink:

LisaAlexander
03-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Dressing is what makes me want to loose weight.. so far the only thing Im doing is not overeating and trying to eat healthier.. like Sherry said.. instead of a burger.. some salad (with chicken maybe for proteins ;)) and I usually only eat water.

eluuzion
03-02-2010, 01:26 AM
great job!

I have a high metabolism, so I still weigh the same as I did in high school. I would not have a clue how to "diet", nor do I have any idea of what is fattening other than sugar, which I do not eat much of.

I always figured that dieting would be easy. When I start becoming overweight, I simply have all of my teeth pulled. It seems to me like it would work ...:heehee:

Persephone
03-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss! Like others have said, 18kg in three months seems a bit too fast, so do be careful!

Crossdressing was definitely my motivation for losing weight and starting to exercise.

In addition to being more careful about what I eat (Thank You Weight Watchers®!), I start most mornings with a run/walk en femme and work out at the exercise center about three times a week.

I'm delighted to say that I went from a size 16-18 to a size 6-8 and really feel a lot better about how I look and how I feel.

Kara Connor
03-02-2010, 01:41 AM
I managed to lose 30 or so pounds over the last year and it was largely motivated by wanting to be able to get nicer clothes, although a side effect is that I have been taking more care over my appearance in drab as well, and getting some new clothing for both "modes" :)

Maybe we should go on Oprah and evangelize this "new dieting program"?

Loni
03-02-2010, 02:01 AM
fast weight loss is mostly water.

it took time to put on the pounds....

it will take time to get it off.

do something that gets your cardo up to 80% of max and hold there for one hour+. :cowdance:

but keep it up and drink plenty of water, it keeps the body happy when it is "clear" not yellow...."P" that is.

megan163
03-02-2010, 02:11 AM
congrats on the weight drop. I too found motivation in wanting to fit into pretty clothes. I lost 30 lbs over 6 months. Nothing like going to the gym and seeing the cute girls and wishing to be like them.

asian jasmine
03-02-2010, 03:49 AM
i think i gained few inches on my waist :(
i loved it when i was about 118 lbs with 27-28" waist

suzy1
03-02-2010, 04:11 AM
I am 6ft tall and can slip into a U.K. size 12/14 dress. But my slim shape came over, not months but years. One of my big interests is how to stay verry fit and slim. The way to do it is not silly diets or boring time in the gym, its realy just common sense. If you realy wont to know my way of staying slim and verry fit let me know. I don't wont to bore everyone.

Love ZUZY

Phyliss
03-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Crossdressing and weight loss. Seems to go together. Once I realized that the cuter clothes are mostly in the smaller sizes, I knew what I had to do.
It's taken almost 5 years, but I've gone from +240 lbs down to 170 this morning. Think, size 18 pants to size 8, occasionally, if I find the right style with enough spandex content I can put on and be able to breathe in a size 6, even sit down.

gabimartini
03-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Lost about 45 lbs over a 12-month period, from 230 to 185 lbs.

I feel much healthier and clothes in general (girl or boy) fit so much better! I highly recommend it! This is a case where CDing can be beneficial to one's health! lol

ソSophieフィ
03-02-2010, 06:26 AM
I've been eating healthier since I started wearing woman's jeans, and with the summer months approaching I intend to do more exercise than ever. It's not that I need to lose weight (my doctor has actually told me I need to gain weight, which is just as bad really) but I could do with becoming slightly more toned. I figure that swimming is a good way to go about doing this (a good excuse for shaving your legs, too!) but man, is it difficult or what? I went to the pool for the first time in almost a decade a few days ago, and found myself having to rest after every length (I also found out that I can only do the breaststroke, and badly at that.) That really made me re-evaluate my fitness levels... I can cycle or jog for as long as I want, but if I can't swim a length without almost drowning from exhaustion, am I really that fit?

Shelly67
03-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Water / dehydration sends the same signal to the brain as a hunger pang . Paul Gasgoine - uk footballer ( forgive the spelling ) was rather a lardy boy till he tried this diet - everytime he felt hungry , drank a pint of water and lay down for 10 -30 mins . The weight fell off him . The simple signs to diagnose dehydration - white tongue , yellow urine . Sip don't gulp , the body will react better than a bloated tummy , resulting in a quick dash to the loo .
Another good tip , use a far smaller dinner plate , load up on the vegtables and if youre still peckish after the meal - water , then a short walk .

Any other medical advice Nurse Shelly ( cough ) will gladly accept payment in the form of milk chocolate ....... doh !!

JaytoJillian
03-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't diet, I just work out like no tomorrow. Seems to work

Susie
03-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah, I could do with losing a little bit of weight. Dressing is definitely a good motivating factor for getting this waistline of mine under control!

jenifer m.
03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
i could stand to lose about 15 pounds myself then id be just about right. p.s. cute legs in your picture.

docrobbysherry
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I've been eating healthier since I started wearing woman's jeans, -------------------but if I can't swim a length without almost drowning from exhaustion, am I really that fit?

Maybe u r, Sophie! I grew up in the ocean. I've surfed, and body surfed with the best. I still snorkle down to 50'. But, I SWIM like a stone!:doh:

Any other medical advice Nurse Shelly ( cough ) will gladly accept payment in the form of milk chocolate ....... doh !!

I'm SO disappointed in your advice, Shelly! :sad: Dark chocolate is SO MUCH healthier!:D

kimdl93
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't diet, I just work out like no tomorrow. Seems to work

Me too - I do try to eat healthy and watch portions, but I spend a lot of time on the elliptical trainer!

Weight loss is good for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is being able to fit into more things!

JazmyneCD
03-02-2010, 11:34 AM
CDing wasn't the biggest motivation behind my weight loss--my health came first. It's all you have and I owed it to my family.

I may have gained a few pounds back over the holidays but all in all, I'm down 100 lbs. over the course of 3 years or so. And I'm not gonna lie--going from size 22 to 12 was definitely a treat :)

It's entirely possible. You just have to focus and want it bad enough. Believe me, I've been there!

Oh, and docrobbysherry, great pics ;)

Jamie48
03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I've lost 10 lbs. in the last month & still working on it. My clothing fit so much better.

suchacutie
03-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Let's face it, we are just more body-aware because of our gender-crossing. We need our bodies to help us say "feminine" and feminine clothes are not built for men. Look at any size chart and you will see that it is expected that the waist to hip difference in measurement is 10 inches. There aren't many men who are normally built with a 10-inch smaller waist than hips, but we can get close if we lose that weight and strengthen our "core". Even getting close really makes us look terrific.

Then there is all the rest of it: taking care of our skin, taking the time to make our hands look great (feet too), improving our posture, and realizing how even walking is different changes how we walk in both genders.

There probably is nothing better for improving overall body image than trying to exist in both genders!

As for weight lose, I have also been very successful with: 1) drink one large glass of liquid before and one during every meal (potassium-lased club soda for me, but any non-caloric liquid will do), 2) use a smaller plate and don't just keep filling it over and over, 3) eat slower...make a ritual out of it!, 4) make every meal full of a variety of foods, albeit not a large portion of anything, 5) keep track of what you eat (food diary...it works knowing what foods you can't stop eating and which foods help you keep to your dietary plan), 6) have a plan for the aftermath of a binge (if you gain back 5 pounds, what emergency measures will you take?), and 7) buy a piece of clothing you really covet and is the size you want to attain...keep trying it on when you want to binge!!!

I started at 215 and two weekends ago I hit 175. I binged back to 180 but I've already returned to 178 and expect to be back to 175 by Sunday!

Tina

Kathi Lake
03-02-2010, 01:36 PM
No one wants to hear from me, so I'll just shut up.

:)

Kathi

DonnaT
03-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Congratulations.

I've lost 60 lbs (27.3 kg or 4 stone 4 lbs) since Aug. '08.

For motivation, I vowed to not go out again enfemme until I've lost a significant amount of weight. Still deciding on what significant is.

I swim 3000 meters every morning, and have reduced my calorie intake significantly. Except weekends, which are killer on my diet.

I can lose 2 lbs during the morning swim, and can only wish it would stay off.

DanielleLee
03-02-2010, 02:11 PM
No one wants to hear from me, so I'll just shut up.

Kathi

LOL! I was thinking to myself, why on Earth would Kathi Lake be posting on this thread? She has got the body that most everyone on here would kill for! :heehee:

Kathi Lake
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
She has got the body that most everyone on here would kill for! :heehee:Oh, really? People would kill for the body of a prepubescent girl with huge hands? News to me!

Kathi

DanielleLee
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Well Kathi, your pics certainly don't show us those "imperfections" :notlistening:

LongLegs Michelle
03-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Hi all, So i am dieting and working out too, but i am not sure what my "target weight" should be. I'm 6'0" 180lbs... my wife is thinking i want to lose to much weight but i dont care abouy the weight so much as i want a lean/slender look. so, right now i am just doing lots of cardio and eating as well as i can. Anyone have a good workout routine or dvd that will help develop that lean look without bulking up and anyone have ideas about realistic weight goals??

DonnaT
03-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Weight depends on a number of things, Michelle. Height, bone density, fat and muscle, muscle being heavier than fat.

So, instead of worrying about weight, do a body check for fat.

You can't target fat deposits with workouts. You can only target muscle groups. If you want a lean look, then don't lift heavy weights. Aerobic exercises would be best, which include swimming and cycling, among others.

Mandy
03-06-2010, 05:17 AM
I feel really good in myself today, I have managed to put the skirt on by fastening the button & doing the zip, instead of pulling it on like i have been for the past 2 weeks.
Posted new pics, could do with someone holding camera instead of using the tripod & having to dash into a pose!
Feel as though I have lost a couple of lbs, hoping to loose more & drop a size:daydreaming:

eluuzion
03-06-2010, 06:21 AM
I have never been on a diet or would know a carbohydrate from a carburator, but I do have a question.

I have a scale in one of the bathrooms and one in my room. I can level out the "0" and all of that stuff.

I weigh 10 lbs more on one scale than the other one. Yet my daughter weighs the same on both? Wutsup with that? Have I discovered the trick to the weight guessing carnival vendors? I know scales vary, but I have done this experiment every week-end with my daughter and it is always the same result?

"Can you help me"? Hey, wasn't there a show on that always had people saying that?

Nicole Erin
03-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a scale in one of the bathrooms and one in my room. I can level out the "0" and all of that stuff.

I weigh 10 lbs more on one scale than the other one. Yet my daughter weighs the same on both? Wutsup with that? Have I discovered the trick to the weight guessing carnival vendors?

For some reason, the way you stand on a scale can effect the reading.
On both scales, try leaning back and forth on either one and see how the thing varies. maybe on the heavier scale, for some reason you are standing on it different than how your daughter is. Assumong she weighs a lot less, maybe the 10 pounds over scale has a weak spot in a spring that hits over a certain weight.

The best way to track your weight is to weight yourself in the same conditions each time - same scale in the same place, same time... before or after a meal or using the restroom... and then go by that scale to know if you are making progress or not.

lacie
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I put on the usual 10 to 12 pounds this winter. I haven't changed my exercise habits from the summer but my eating definitely increases in the cold months. Time to get it in gear and get ready for the beach!

TNRobin
03-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh, really? People would kill for the body of a prepubescent girl with huge hands? News to me!

Kathi

OK, I had to peek at your pictures, and yes, I'd kill for your body. Besides, I imagine that most of us have hands that are a bit wider than the average girl.

Since I started weighing 4 weeks ago I've lost 5.5 pounds, but prior to that I lost around 10 pounds, didn't weigh consistently to measure it.

All that I did was cut down on the portions a bit, eat healthier, and get back to working out, though that's inconsistent still. I'm hoping to drop another 20 by SCC in September, but if don't I'm not going to stress over it. It's just a matter of eating healthier, living healthier, and the weight comes off. I honestly thought that at 48 it would be a bit harder, but it's not.

anonymousinmaryland
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Congrats on the weight loss. I've lost 35 lbs. by eating those salads at McDonald's for lunch. And the ever-crucial Diet Coke.

DonnaT
03-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I weigh 10 lbs more on one scale than the other one. Yet my daughter weighs the same on both? Wutsup with that?
Maybe one is broken, and when too much weight is on it, it won't read right.

Veronica Nowakowski
03-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I can't seem to get a large version of it, but from far away it looks like a very feminine figure. I hope I have that good of one when I lose my weight.

dawnmarrie1961
03-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Losing weight is too easy. Gaining it can sometimes be harder. Although being a size 4 does have it's advantages.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

KarenSusan
03-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Crossdressing and weight loss. Seems to go together. Once I realized that the cuter clothes are mostly in the smaller sizes, I knew what I had to do.

Exactly right, Phyliss.

joyce483
03-06-2010, 05:42 PM
i am sitting here reading about weight loss and not paying attention to my ice cream melting!

Dee2U
03-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi all, So i am dieting and working out too, but i am not sure what my "target weight" should be. I'm 6'0" 180lbs... my wife is thinking i want to lose to much weight but i dont care abouy the weight so much as i want a lean/slender look. so, right now i am just doing lots of cardio and eating as well as i can. Anyone have a good workout routine or dvd that will help develop that lean look without bulking up and anyone have ideas about realistic weight goals??

Hey long legs - for my target weight I just googled "BMI calculator ideal weight" I found more than one sight that did a calculation. You put in your age and height, state you are female and enter. As a 55 yo at 5'8" the ideal weight as stated by women my age is 145lbs so that is where I am going. I am at 152 lbs now and these last 10 lbs seem almost impossible...Dee