PDA

View Full Version : out of the mouths of kids

Micayla
03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Sitting around the kitchen table with a few of my daughters friends, my wife is applying nail polish in varied colors.The girls have been on the topic of boys,pimples and new bras.Very important when when you are twelve and just bought your first really nice bra from somewhere other than walmart Katy aged 12,shows us the brand new lacy 30-b her mother bought this afternoon at a local lingerie shop.Being the diva she is, announces that the 3 girls should have a sleep over so they can have a girly night to practise applying make-up and have a pedicure etc.She looks right at me and says that we should paint my nails and toes ,may-be find a pretty bra to fit me so that I feel like one of the girls. My wife who knows I love to wear lingerie but does not want to see it just smiles and says nothing.I think I lit up like a hundred watt light bulb,as nothing would please me more but of course will never happen

Daintre
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
What a cute story, you are right kids can say things in all innocence. To them you would have just been a part of the girls.... :heehee: how cute is that.

lavistaa62
03-02-2010, 09:53 AM
I apologize especially since I don't know your daughter but a twelve year old these days is seldom a child in the traditional sense of the word. Twelve year old girls in particular are on the cusp of discovering their womanhood through their appearance and social standing. They can be very unforgiving when it comes to anyone outside their social circle or who violates what they see as the black and white rules governing socially acceptable behaviour.

I hope your daughter has moved beyond these traits but I would have not been comfortable with the remarks especially since, as you've indicated, your wife does not approve. Is your daughter open and accepting of peoples' differences? Is there a chance they have separately discussed their views of your CD?

Jenna Stunned
03-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I would have went ahead with the toe nail polish but thats it. Wearing womans underware infront of other peoples kinds is a no no. Sounds like you played it smart and safe. Although it is a wonderful thought.

Prehaps jokingly mention to your daughter about her painting your toes when its just a family night. I used to get my sister {Im her sole guardian} to do that when she was 12-13 and this year i painted them myself. She was kinda shocked at first that i would do that on my own, Buts has come to terms that i enjoy to polish my toes. Now its no big deal. In fact we are going to florida with my wife and her family for a week in march. And my sister said she will cover for me saying that its her that paints them. So i have an excuse to keep them painted. Should be interesting at universal as i always wear sandels.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

kaitlin
03-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Things may a lot better than you think! Todays young women think different from young women a few years ago. I feel they are a lot open minded to alternative life choices in both sexes. I am blessed in the fact that my wife knows and 100% supports me! But my 11 yo daughter also knows something is different about me and enjoys it very much!(haven't had the full talk just yet) ie. See my albums for our matching toes! She and the 9 yo daughter have many times used me for their makeup practice and think nothing other than "Dad is just too cool" So enjoy! Kaitlin

docrobbysherry
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I suggest u, JUST DON'T GO THERE!:straightface:

Until your ready to come out completely!:eek:

Angie G
03-02-2010, 11:13 AM
If only we could be that lucky.:hugs:
Angie

Carol A
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Not the same but I understand as my Grand daughter told me and my wife one day Grandpa needs to wear a bra as he has boobs.:doh:

DonnaT
03-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I'd have said, "That would be nice, but I could never be 12 again."

Heck, I let one of my nieces paint my nails one Christmas, with all the family watching.

Karen564
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
:)
Congrats!
You did the right thing...:thumbsup:

dana digs sweaters
03-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Ha!, funny. I am out to my family and my nieces were showing me some magazine pics of makeup styles one time, I told them I wouldn't be caught dead looking like that. They had a good laugh. I then told them that only a glamorous style would do for my ego and so should theirs.

Rogina B
03-02-2010, 10:36 PM
As i was making her breakfast the other morning,my * yr old daughter [after looking me all over] says that if we moved to Scotland,me wearing skirts would be no big deal!!!I pointed out that i don't find a kilt as cute as a skirt and started naming other countries that men often wear skirts..She said that we should move there ..:Dthen!!!

Tamara Croft
03-03-2010, 05:24 AM
LOL... I'm sorry, but seriously... you only posted the other week that your wife 'tollerates it' and doesn't want anything to do with your cd'ing... now you're posting this? lol... fantasy land...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2046487&postcount=28

I actually find myself anxious when she is home for more than a few days ,she knows I dress but its a "I do not want to know" relationship.This thread is being locked, simply because I am fed up with members wasting time on this board with fantasy threads... seriously, you need to grow up!