PDA

View Full Version : Told my brother

stellatoo
03-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I visited home at the weekend and went out with the family. My sisters already know about Stella and now, due in no small part to alcohol, does my brother! He was very accepting too. I showed them all a, very old, picture-no way to upload them yet, sorry-and he didn't recognise me. Way hey, once family know I think it must be easier to tell others...I hope!

Stella

ソSophieフィ
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Nice to hear he was so accepting! You're his brother no matter what you're wearing, so it really shouldn't matter, but stories about family members becoming angry or ashamed of this sort of thing are unfortunately all to common. Good to hear it worked out nicely for someone.

DonniDarkness
03-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Alcohol and courage! Sounds like an awesome accident if everything went well. Im very happy for you that your brother was cool about everything. Be strong girl

Joanne f
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Ah alcohol that answer to all are inhibitions and creator of quite a few problems, i am glad that it worked out good for you and at least now it would be no surprise if they caught you dressed one day but unless you intend to go out dressed a lot i would slow down on telling all your friends .

Kimmy55
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Alcohol and courage! Sounds like an awesome accident if everything went well. Im very happy for you that your brother was cool about everything. Be strong girl

Ahh yes,a little false courage does come in handy at times.

msniki48
Good for you Stella!

I have had limited success in telling my brother....my sister embraces me, but my brother thinks i'm an embarrassment...does not want to see it. But he does know it is part of me. i told him as long as i was not transitioning i would respect his wishes, but if i did make the decision, then we would have to make new choices.

Best of luck to you hun.:love:

Katesback
I can understand telling other people if you ARE going to be presenting to them your female self. On the other hand if you have no forseeable time frame for presnting the girl to them then why tell them.

More importantly I guarantee that telling them in drab is totally different than telling them while presenting female. The fact that someone might accept you telling them in drab does not mean they will accept you when you show up as a female.

Personally I see no reason whatsoever to tell other people that are not going to be exposed to the female you. I as a TS dont walk around with a T-Shirt that says "Made in Thailand" with arrows pointing to my boobs and down towards my cooch.

Katie

Mirani
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I can understand telling other people if you ARE going to be presenting to them your female self. On the other hand if you have no foreseeable time frame for presenting the girl to them then why tell them.

Personally I see no reason whatsoever to tell other people that are not going to be exposed to the female you.
Katie

Katie - I can only answer for me. Before I got together with my SO and went 24/7, I was a part time dresser but in my head full-time male/female.
I ached inside as people didnt really know who I was. The real me - not just the me that they saw at work or in business.
My SO recognised and helped me see that to feel "right" inside, I needed people to relate to the real me which included Mirani.
I accept it is not your need that people know 'who you are', but for some of us, well me anyway, to feel right I needed everyone to know. I was fed up with playing games.
I hope that helps to explain why some of us need to share. WE want to be accepted for who we are and not for who they think we are.:2c:

Katesback
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Sure but as I said if the other people are not going to see the girl part of you then the REALLY cannot conclude as to wether they accept you.

Joanne f
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
More importantly I guarantee that telling them in drab is totally different than telling them while presenting female. The fact that someone might accept you telling them in drab does not mean they will accept you when you show up as a female.

Katie
I would agree with that as i have had this happen to me, my wife`s relations said that they accept me but also made it quite clear that it was not aloud in front of them , in other words they may accept me but they simply do not want to see it .

Imogen_Mann
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I told my brother a couple of years back, but now, as he descends into a life of drugs and stupidity.... I wonder if it was a smart move ?

Mirani
03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Sure but as I said if the other people are not going to see the girl part of you then the REALLY cannot conclude as to wether they accept you.

Not sure which part of my post talked about acceptance. I was talking about reality.
They have all seen me now, but then I just wanted them to know - not necessarily to see. Of course acceptance is a gift beautiful to receive .. but even with rejection at least there was no more pretence.

Seems katie, that we will have to agree to disagree
:tongueout :hugs: .. but we dont always have to fully understand each other - just accept that there is more than one way of seeing things.

Cathytg
03-03-2010, 01:31 AM
And they said that diamonds are a girl's best friend! Booze has to be right up there.