PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I did it!

Debbie37
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Well I landed a job 4th in nine months and I really like this one. The twist for this job is I had to go to N. Carolina (the bible belt...cd'rs not welcome...) I decided that since the marriage went to the tank cause of this I'd try seeing how far I was willing to take it. Based off of what I got from this site I dressed in woman's jeans, and under dressed all the way through the security check point at the airport...no shoes nice stockings for the world to see...Anyway I did it and nobody even commented to me directly or on the sly. I felt liberated! It was awesome...now I'm in N. Carolina (Mayberry to be exact) and I have clothes to dress and I have plans for going out over the weekend...don't know if my courage will hold out when the time comes however... But until then, I've felt so liberated it's been amazing!

sherri52
03-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Good for you Debbie. Don't let the bible belt psych you out. There are support groups in at least three of the largest cities. I was checking for another sister once.

Christina Horton
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Good for you dear. Now are you dressing in your new job fully? I hope so. Good luck.

IamSara
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Debbie, that is fantastic. Last week when I came back to SC from NY I also flew in womens jeans, pink ankle socks and womens tennis shoes (ribbed in pink). Not a word was said by anyone. I even had to go through the metal detector twice.
Good going and I hope your courage holds out.
Sarah :rose2:

Debbie37
03-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, I am still dressed in drab at the job but that may change when I return to Phoenix. Is there anybody locally in NC near Mt. Airy? If so I would love to meet and talk about dressing up and go out dressed. I'm still going to do it but probably not in Mt. Airy maybe Salem cause it's a bigger town and easier to blend into.