PDA

View Full Version : Me, and me?

suzy1
03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
I have just been thinking about my two lives. One as SUZY and the one that's the other me.
How many of us have a real contrast between the two. If I start with my example I would love to find out if any of you have good exhamples to share with us.
O.K. so the other me is at one of the race tracks here in the U.K. most weekends, silverstone brands hatch ecs. and am an incident marhal dealing with crashes witch can be dangerous but I love the adrenalin rush.

Then, to come home after a 3 day meeting , close the door, have a shower and shave and put on a little make up, wig and my silk nightdress ready for bed and be SUZY again is truly wonderful.

So girls, how about you. there must be some of you american girls that fly an F16 or drive nascar.

love and hugs SUZY

AlsoSamantha
03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
In my man disguise, I drive a heavy 26 wheel transport to the oilfields in Northern Alberta.

Funny thing is, when I'm working, I think a lot about being Samantha, but when I'm Samantha, I never think about driving a truck!:heehee:

kimdl93
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Interesting contrast - so I take it Suzy doesn't hang out at the track :)

I'm afraid my life as consultant doesn't really involve much of a departure from my life as a CDer. I'm usually dressed (at home) for work.

dana digs sweaters
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Contrast? Heck yeah. Enjoy it. Why not? Riding a motorcycle demands absolute concentration. (no duh) Work is too involved for daydreaming for me. No mirrors to harass for pics. Like Samantha said, while dolled up, work does not exist to me.

EnglishRose
03-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Nope... just one personality here, with my own hopes, desires, resentments and all the other junk that comes with being human :)

Frédérique
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Me, and me?
How many of us have a real contrast between the two.

There is no contrast between the two, in my case, because I am the same person regardless of what wrapper I happen to be wearing. I’m a little more effeminate when dressed, but the difference is quite subtle. To be true, the effeminacy is always there, but I put a cap on it out in the real world. As Sir Lawrence Olivier said to Robert DeNiro, “It’s called ACTING, my dear boy.” Consider where I live – I do what I have to do for survival. Here at home, I am free to be a femme spirit in physical form – what my agenda actually is may be open to interpretation, but I like to play with perception as much as possible. What I’m trying to say is I can fool all the people all of the time, in regards to orientation, sexual or otherwise. I’m right here in front of you, but you won’t see the REAL me unless you look really, really close…:battingeyelashes:

Lynn Marie
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
For me there is a huge contrast, but I like both of me. Why not, I'm way too old to question anything about myself anymore.

"To thine own self be true". I have no idea where that came from, but I like it.

Jason+
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Suzy,

Never flown an F-16 but I was a submariner for 16 years. Work obviously dictates how I dress at work like most all of you who don't work for yourself or from home.

In the beginning there were somewhat two parts to it. There was "Mary" and "Jason." I never really did feel like Mary even in her clothes and it seemed she existed more as a figure easier to hate about the clothes than Jason who really is me, so she had to fade out.

In my profile at another transgender chat site under gender I put "I reserve the right to choose the better qualities of both genders to make the complete me." A lot of how I'm dressed has more to do with the activity at hand. Last weekend I was in a skirt, heels and shirt when the sink drain pipes came apart. Crawling around under the sink was a job for an old pair of pants and shirt I didn't care about same as the brake work on the car today but at the end I was sure happy to scrub the dirt off and put on something pretty.

Kathi Lake
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't fly an F-16, but I have loaded bombs on them for almost 30 years. :)

Kathi

sherri52
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't fly an F-16 but flew as a belly gunner on a huey (helicopter) in Vietnam 40 yrs ago. I am building a biplane from a kit. I still need the motor and propeller.

sterling12
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
It seems that we are two distinctly different people....But, we get along! For most of my life, I didn't realize The Necessity for us to do that, and it caused conflict.

Joanie and John do very different things. Like yourself many years ago, as a young teen, I got started working on a Corner Crew for SCCA Races. Later on, with lots of cash and hutzpa, I went on to campaign various cars in competition. Joanie wouldn't care one bit about any type of auto racing!

John likes to Treasure Hunt. Joanie likes to Shop! John likes play Golf. Joanie likes to putter around The Garden. And, there are about a zillion more differences. Oddly enough, (and it's one of The Few Things) we both like to play The Piano, but we do have different tastes in Music.

I think that for a lot of us, your always going to see The Two Persona's. There are people that "meld" their twins, but I'm not sure it's The Norm. The trick of course, is to reach a point where it's not competitive or prone to conflicts. Self-Acceptance is probably the main ingredient to make that happen!

Peace and Love, Joanie