08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
do any of you wear sweatshirts?
if so what kind and what size?

pleas provide a pic if you can

DanaJ
08-11-2005, 08:29 PM
do any of you wear sweatshirts?
if so what kind and what size?

pleas provide a pic if you canSure - wear them all the time. When it gets cold, especially to work I wear at least 3 or 4 at once. The kind I wear has a neck hole and two arm holes, and has elastic around the bottom, and around the cuffs and neck hole. The size varies, sometimes just a large, sometimes XL - and then sometimes? I wear a 2X, or if a outer hoodie zip-up kind, a 3X even!

How about colors? I wear grey, and black, and red, and green, and blue, and even have an orange one too! I could talk about sweat shirts all day long! I love them especially in the winter. And ooohhhhh - sweat pants??? Don't EVEN go there, I like them too! Especially after big meals....

DanaJ

Tamara Croft
08-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Dana!!! :lol: but green..... puh-lease..... you can't wear green????? wtf is wrong with you hmm?? *slap*

Ashley in Virginia
08-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I have an old ratty green sweatshirt/pullover I wear all winter long. It has the thermal lining and is very comfortable.

Tristen Cox
08-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Why would I want to wear a sweatshirt or sweat ANYTHING for that matter?????? THIS IS FLORIDA Like two seasons here! HOT and really f :censor: ing hot!

Olivia
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey Ashley, I have a favorite, old, green sweatshirt too. That thing is about 5 years old, maybe more, and it is so comfortable. It's not really like a fleecy sweatshirt though; the fabric seems more like thermal material, only not so thick. Anyway, it is a favorite when the weather cools here (yes girls, it does get cold in Texas too; just not that much where I live). I just worry about the sleeves getting so stretched out from always pushing them up my arm a bit. It feels good to wear over my bra, it fits loose enough to "rub" the bra as I move around. Olivia.

Natasha Anne
08-11-2005, 10:01 PM
So what makeup do you wear?!

Also I wear Nike sweatshirts, of the female variety naturally, but in general the arm lengths of most ladies tops are not long enough for me, so I try to stick with 3/4 sleeves

Why would I want to wear a sweatshirt or sweat ANYTHING for that matter?????? THIS IS FLORIDA Like two seasons here! HOT and really f :censor: ing hot!

Rachel Morley
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I own a sweatshirt. It's lavender in color and has a picture of Tigger on it with the words "bounce with me" written on it. Living in California I can only wear it for two months of the year, December and January. ;)

Marla GG
08-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I own a sweatshirt. It's lavender in color and has a picture of Tigger on it with the words "bounce with me" written on it. Living in California I can only wear it for two months of the year, December and January. ;)

Girls, Angel is not joking...she really DOES own a lavender Tigger sweatshirt and WEARS it. I am inexplicably attacted to her in this sweatshirt. It's irresistible :flirt:

I think I have a Tigger fetish.

Stephanie Brooks
08-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I don't wear sweat shirts, never have, never want to do so. Girls don't sweat. Well, they don't wear things that have sweat in the name.

I'm really not kidding on the first sentence. For me there really always has been something that's just gross with the idea of wearing something for sweat. Are you supposed to sweat in them? Do they make you sweat? Are they anti-sweat? The 60s/70s style grey sweat shirts were abso-f http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2092/signs943fp.gif ing-lutely disgusting. They looked gross, they had no style, they had this weird textured lining. The few times as a kid when I HAD to wear one I hated every moment of it.

Today I don't care how sexy or stylish a sweat shirt/suit might be, they'll always be the ugly grey sweat shirts of my past.

http://www.berrycoop.com/images/clothing/grey.sweatshirt.jpg

YUCK!!!!!!

Tristen Cox
08-11-2005, 10:41 PM
LOL! Steph, I couldn't agree more!

Sorry Tigger I know you look great though ;)

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I've got a favorite green sweatshirt, so I guess I'm due for a slap upside the head as well. :eek: 'Course I never get to wear it since my brother always steals it. ;) OTOH, he's not a redhead, so I guess it works on him.

Sharon
08-11-2005, 11:22 PM
My grandmother wears sweatsuits -- so..., umm, no!

DonnaT
08-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Nope, don't wear them. I like short sleeves, even in winter (but under a coat).

Jen_TGCD
08-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Fact: ALL sweatshirts (and sweatpants), for men or women, are cut from the same pattern! No difference! They just sew in different tags depending on the order!!!

Also, this unisex thing goes for many t-shirts and turtlenecks, too.

kysmet
08-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Two words: phys ed. Ever since school and having to wear them for phys ed, I hate them. Besides, there's only maybe two days a year in Texas anyone could wear them. That and my mother spent the better part of my childhood in them. ugh.

Ericka Jean

kazeparker
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
I wear hooded sweatshirts year-round. I've worn them on summer vacations to Arizona and Florida. Most have designs on them from my symphony orchestra or my college, and I have at least one of each color of the rainbow (and many grays). Basically, I'm crazy, or so they tell me, for wearing one. But when my parents and brother come home from a hot day sweating and sunburnt, I'm happy, sunburn-free, and not overheated in the slightest. It seems to keep the sun's rays off of me better than sunblock without heating me up very much at all.

As for the sweatshirts being cut from the same unisex pattern, that is true for most sweatshirts. Old Navy, however, released a sweatshirt for guys in the not-too-distant past that was cut shorter in the back just above the jeans, with the intention of wearing a t-shirt underneath it to get a layered effect. In fact, I have one somewhere, and if anything they're good for showing off pants if you don't wear an untucked t-shirt, and the cut actually seems more feminine than anything.

Wendy me
08-12-2005, 04:25 PM
yes in a car ,on a boat yes, i do...

Laurie Ann
08-12-2005, 08:29 PM
I love to wear sweats during cold weather it makes wearing a bra in public easier as they are baggier. Generally college oriented in a variety of colors. I wear sweat pants also as Dana said very comfortable after a good meal. Large to extra large depending on how they are cut.

joni-alice
08-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I love sweatshirts -- the plainer the better, although I have one that girlfriend gave me that has some logo on it....Once I knew this girl who wore her sweatshirts backwards...Her reason, she just didnt want anyone to see what it said on the right side, if it said anything.

Jen_TGCD
08-12-2005, 11:35 PM
:D Who would have thought that sweatshirts would get so many postings... on a CD Forum??? :p

A question? Why are "college" and "university" sweatshirts more comforable than the ones you buy at the department store??? I'm talking about the ones that you actually buy on campus. Every one that I have had... I've worn until they literally fell apart... ususally 10 years later.

Also, I bought a so-called "Women's Sweatshirt" from Coldwater Creek... and it is the most uncomfortable garment I have ever purchased. It pulls in all the wrong places and is tight in the cuffs... not to mention the sleeves being about 4 inches too short. I'll stick with the university sweats from now on!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Elinor
08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Tristen I was in Florida in December and I just had to buy a sweatshirt when in EPCOT from the Germany shop I was bloody cold.
Oh yeah lets all have a laugh at the Scot who needed to keep warm.
The German store was doing great busness in sweatshirts that day.
Still December 30th and 31st was hot and sunny.

Kennedy Space Centre rocks a saw the delta four take off.
WOW!

Back home I found a similer sweatshirt with hood but with the Scottish Flag on front. £20 great value.

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 08:06 AM
You were cold here? Was like 85F for Christmas! Crikey

Angela Burke
08-13-2005, 01:00 PM
A sweat shirt? A sweat shirt?

Behave!

Love Angela XX

Maude
08-13-2005, 01:09 PM

i bet when tristen sweats she don't need a shirt ?

Laurie Ann
08-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I bet Tristen never sweats too cool a lady for that.