PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in NW Washington?

HollyGrove
03-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I think this' the right place to post this, anyway. This question is specifically for those in the Olympia/Seattle/Puget Sound area of Washington state. I'm going to be moving up to Olympia to attend Evergreen State College in September... and with the exception of a couple articles, all my girl clothes are costumes. Which got me to wondering if there are any events around Halloween up there at which said costumes could be worn, and which would be CD-friendly.

I know of the Gender Alliance of the South Sound, but I'm not sure if they specifically would hold a Halloween event. So, anyone out there have any ideas on this?

Slim Jim
03-04-2010, 05:19 PM
about 8 months too early with this thread?

Solarhawk
03-04-2010, 06:35 PM
about 8 months too early with this thread?

No way! I start thinking about Halloween oh... about a year and a half before it's upon us! I live across the sound from Seattle, and a friend threw a fairly public Halloween party, where I was the only one dressed, but I've done it at our private house parties here for a few years, and it's never been a problem at all, it's normally a pretty good hit. It may be a little early to try to plan going to a specific Halloween event, but thinking about it and getting ideas I say is a good idea for sure!

Jesse

bethany356
03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm down ladies, and I am sure Ver will be too... I can't wait to move to the Seattle/Tacoma area... I love it! When I get out there, we should meet up. Since I'm not from there (Ver grew up there and then joined the Army, but she's out now) I really want to meet new people.

Missy Tanya
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi HollyGrove. I'm a member of Gender Alliance of the South Sound in Tacoma, WA. Last year would have been my first year at Halloween with them. On Saturday night we had a get together at the Rainbow Center. That's where the meetings are held. As we go to many of the local bars for events, I'm sure you could visit any of them any night. But far as a special event for Halloween night, not last year. But we are always game for a party. So when you get up this way, don't hesitate to stop in for a meeting. I know at least one girl that goes to Evergreen State College. And is very into the TG support at the school. She even gets to meetings every once and a while in Tacoma.

Olympia has their own group meetings on a Saturday. But unfortunately not too many people show up. We get around 20-30 girls and boys in Tacoma. So I would highly recommend joining the GASS Yahoo group and keep in touch with the goings on's..

Welcome to the area, Tanya

Tranny Tee
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
On Halloween you can go most anywhere you wish wearing anything you want to. It is a little more difficult going out the rest of the year. There are some good places to go in Seattle and Tacoma and Emerald City and GASS can help.