Annaliese
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
At the University they are having a King of Fools Beauty Pageant

Formal Introduction
Interview
Beach Wear
Drag Dress Up
Fools Grooves

One of my students said I should enter. So much is going through my head right now. I would love to, but it would be clear that I, am a dresser already, shave legs and arms, some student have already notice I ware make-up, can walk in heel as good and any body have the clothes already that fit well a wig and my own make-up. I know if I did it I would not do it as a joke I would go all out to win. Then I wonder why the student think I should enter.

I already know I am not going to do it but I so want to.

But what would you do?

Phyliss
03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I would so want to enter, ... BUT... the obvious statement would be, "You seem to be too good at this. Have you been practicing?"

Loni
03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
enter the contest and bring home the gold.:daydreaming:

you say some "know" and some suspect. whats to loose?

any man says bad...just tell him he is chicken to do it him self.

if i was closer i would try, but ca is a bit to far to drive.

who knows i might even get some makeup help :heehee:

loni

Nicole Brown
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Anna,

What would I do, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I stopped and worried about what others would think I would still be deep in the closet instead of always being out and enjoying myself. What would I suggest you do, go for it and enjoy the feeling of winning. Besides, what is the worst you will hear, Oh boy, our instructor is beautiful, really beautiful...

sherri52
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I would do it. If you are afraid of being outed do it poorly. Get a dress at a thrift store that is too big, do a bad job with your makeup and every once in a while have alittle twist with walking. As Loni And Nicole have already said "Take home the gold".

gabimartini
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
If you think that entering won't affect your standing as an employee and professor, then go for it!

Annaliese
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
you all have me thinking, plus I have had two other student ask me if I am going to enter. All three students are female. I am going to do, I have to enter today. I am on my way. I will let you know.

eileendover
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
.... If you are afraid of being outed do it poorly. Get a dress at a thrift store that is too big, do a bad job with your makeup and every once in a while have alittle twist with walking....

I think Sherri's idea is great! Go ahead and sign up. You can always say your students kept nagging you.
Then, you can decide to over-exaggerate everything and go for laughs, or you can do it exactly right and leave everyone shocked and amazed! :eek: :hugs:

ginat
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
If the event is to raise money for charity, challenge your students to find enough sponsors to make it worth your time. Tell them you'll only do it if they can get promises for $xx dollars.

If they step up to the plate, add one more condition. Pick one or two GG students to serve as your "coaches" and let them do you hair, makeup, etc. Now, you can be as good as you want and give them the credit. (But inside, you'll know its all you, girl!)

Annaliese
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I went down to where they had the table set up and they were gone.
Fear made me mis this oppertuneity. I thought I was getting pass this still have a long way to go.

Jamie48
03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry you missed out. If there is a next time & you feel comfortable, go for it.

Jodi
03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Are you tenured? If so, go for it.

Jodi