PDA

View Full Version : Why not to Purge

Deborah
08-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I see this topic come up alot in here of people who want to quit then throw everything away. I've never done it personally but maybe the rest of you could list more informative reasons on why not to do it.
Maybe even sticky this?

joni-alice
08-11-2005, 10:00 PM
I think everybody has to make up their own mind on things like this, so there is no list or anything that will really help them.

Tristen Cox
08-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Common sense? :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Everyone has to make the decision that's right for them, but the main reason not to purge is that most people who have still lament the perfect dress, shoes, etc. that was lost forever.

Deborah
08-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Well i've tried several times to shake off Amy. From joining the military to getting married. Neither one worked. Its who i am. I guess i'm just saying that denial may put you in situations you don't want to be in. So why get rid of clothes then have to go back later and repurchase everything.
I've wasted 15 years of my life because of the army and marriage. 15!!!
I could have been a full blown TS by now. Denial...now she's a bitch.

WandaJones
08-11-2005, 10:25 PM
NEVER throw those clothes away! If I had kept all the gear I've dumped over the past 30 years, I would have one of the best wardrobes (both inner and outer garments) ever. Besides, female apparel, especially the good stuff, is not cheap, so you're up for a small fortune re-purchasing everytime you decide to go back to dressing.

Lana
08-11-2005, 10:31 PM
The last time I purged was about six years ago and I've yet to rebuild my once well rounded wardrobe, of which I miss my leather mini skirt the most. Since then I've gained way too much weight to even come close to fitting into that mini, not even in my wldest dreams, but the memory of my former wardrobe and the fact that I tossed it in an attempt to also throw away Lana haunts me to this day. The purge didn't get rid of anything but my favorite clothes, Lana was still there and so very depressed that she didn't have here clothes anymore that she retreated into the fridge, where she still has a summer place I might add. In retrospect if I hadn't purged my female wardrobe I probably wouldn't have gained all this weight because I would have kept in shape to wear what really made me comfortable. But as they say hindsight is 20/20 and from what I can see my hind quaters are are looking about 40/40.

Kiss Kiss and Ba Bye Bye, Lana :love:

Phoebe Reece
08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
I've never purged, but there was a period back in the early 90's when circumstances conspired to prevent me from fully dressing for a couple of years. During that time, like Lana, I added a number of inches to my waistline that I still haven't gotten rid of. I tend to watch my weight a lot more when I dress on a regular basis as I simply can't stand it when I discover a favorite skirt or dress doesn't quite fit anymore. I'm not as upset when that happens with my guy clothes.

So, don't purge because: You will gain weight if you do.

mand
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Why not to purge?......................Simple it doesn't work ;)

love mand xxx :)

Wendy me
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
i never purged but i came close scared the hell out of me....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6964

Angela Burke
08-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Yep!
If you're a girl, that's it sister,that's it!
Don't waste time banging your head against a wall!
Get yourself a dress, a wig, heels, makeup!

Have fun!

Love Angela XX

ebony
08-12-2005, 11:51 AM
All i have to say is what we do is addictive, and if you are one of those strong lucky people with over whelming will power. Its a waist of time and money throwing everything away becuse you will be right back then yo will be stressing cause you don't have anything sexy to wear because you threw it all away and somthings in this hobbie of a life style are tooo expensive to buy twice.

cdgirl
08-12-2005, 02:26 PM
i tried several times to give it up due to my religion.but no matter how many times i did.threw stuff away.within a few months i was roberta all over again.
42 years of cding its in my blood i don't want to give it up.man dress me like a woman.

emmicd
08-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Purging is a feeble attempt to stop crossdressing if you are a lifelong crossdresser and it may work temporarily but when you have been dressing up since a young lad and feel good doing it then purging will not work because ultimately you will find yourself back in the malls shopping in the womens department for the clothes that make you feel so good!

Emmi

Rachael Warren
08-13-2005, 01:37 AM
I have just posted this to another thread, seems to be appropriate here also!.

"Daniel, I won't repeat what the other girls have said, it must be fairly obvious that we all have the same general feelings.

What I will add is that you, being a young man who isn't in a relationship yet, won't have yet experienced all of the stresses that life can bring.

Imaging living with a partner a few years from now, having to pay the mortgage/rent and all the other bills while raising a child. When stressed you, if you are anything like me, will want some sort of vent or escape. Believe me that donning the atire is a lot better than going on the traditional "bender", and a heck of a lot better for your familys finances and your relationship.

This is part of you and i'm sure in the years to come you will realise it is a very valuable part of yourself. For me Rachael is where my compassion and empathy come from, suppressing her would make me into a typical male shovanist pig.

What ever you do I wish you well, good luck with the impending extended time you have, enjoy it.

Remember that if you keep your stuff there will allways be somewhere you can go to get back in touch with yourself, however long into the future that might be."

Sorry to double post it, but it shows my oppinion on the subject.

Lots of love, Rachael.

FionaAlexis
08-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Surely a major reason not to purge must be the thought that all the wonderful girls on this forum are so very supportive and are always going to be there for you.... :) ....along with the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.

Fiona xx

AngelAshley
08-16-2005, 01:47 AM
A reason TO purge:

Gives you a great excuse to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe :D :D

heh...

KewTnCurvy GG
08-16-2005, 01:48 AM
I think everybody has to make up their own mind on things like this, so there is no list or anything that will really help them.
$$$$$$$$

Rachel Ann
08-16-2005, 03:05 AM
I purged once, in 1995. I had been on the road a great deal and free to dress, but that came to an end. I knew that if I kept anything in the house, or even in the trunk of my car, my gf would eventually stumble upon it. I was telling myself that I wasn't getting rid of Rachel, just keeping her out of sight for a while. :mad:

A GG friend volunteered to hold everything for me. Had I not been lucky enough to know her, I would have at least buried everything in the woods rather than just throw it away.

Why I spent several more years staying in an unsupportive relationship (and keeping Rachel in the closet) is something I haven't been able to explain to myself, or forgive myself for, so far. I will work on that one with a therapist.

From now on Rachel stays out, period. :)

Khriss
08-17-2005, 04:15 AM
i don't find the topic humorous at all, as i've done it several times, in the through's of guilt ,anxiety, and outside pressures, and while there have been lessons learned, I personaly could not discount the possibility,that in my real life,lacking acceptance,it could easily happen again-

FionaAlexis
08-17-2005, 06:17 AM
I can understand what you’re saying Khriss but if the worst thing that ever happened in my life was putting a pile of clothes in a bag and chucking them away – then I have lived a charmed life.

I have never felt guilty about being TG in my life so I cannot relate to that feeling – but I have felt isolated, anxious, frustrated and a lot of other emotions. And it seems to me you have to accept yourself first.

This thread was very well meant – but I think a bit futile – because no one who is close to purging is going to pull out a handy list of the Top Ten reasons not to. We all purge for different very personal reasons.

Fiona xx

Rachel Ann
08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
i don't find the topic humorous at all
I don't think anyone's trying to treat this in a humorous way, Khriss