PDA

View Full Version : Get a call from a girlfriend who found out about Philis

Katesback
03-06-2010, 09:35 AM
As many of you know I am friends with Philis who is a CD. She posts at this site as well. I have personally had the chance to watch over the course of about a year, her go from what I would call the typical closetted CD to a CD that is comfortable in pretty much any concieveable envoronment. Her and I have gone to straight bars, shes been to my derby games, she basically will go pretty much anywhere, and she fits in amayzingly well even being 6'4" tall! LOL

Needless to say we share a mutual female friend who up till yesterday only knew the man. I ended up getting a call last night from this friend who was all excited and said to me something like "I know something was different but now I know why". I asked her what she was talking about and she said that Phillis came out to her. I laughed and said "so now ya know what she does on those nights when you dont see her" LOL.

We talked a bit and she asked me why Phillis didnt tell her a long time ago. I mentioned that many trans people are scarred. She told me she could care less. Keep in mind that this girl does know of my TS past but we have never discussed it.

She expressed this sort of curious attitude and suggested that we all go out toghether and I said "talk to Phillis". I did have to explain to her that Phillis fits into the world and presents as any other girl. For some reason she had this mental image that Phillis would appear as a drag queen with mini skirt and 6 inch heels.

I had to explain to her that thats not the case and that I myself would not be going out with Phillis if she was dressing that way. LOL

With all that said it sounds like our mutual friend will soon get to meet Phillis and we shall see how that goes.

I have said it before and will say it again. We transgender people are our own worse enemies. We often blame society for a host of things but in reality more often than not we are the ones that cause the problems.

When you have confidence like Phills does, you can fit into the world even as a CD. Do people know she is a CD? I would guess that some do. Do people know I am TS? I am sure some can tell. Do either of us hide in the closet and blame the world? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO we live our lives as we see fit!

Live your dream!

KAtie

P.S. I have a new Youtube video that discusses this very issue we face. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/katesback?feature=mhw4#p/a/u/0/elKwmYkGKWs

msniki48
03-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Great story Kate!

The best to you both!

hugs

:love:

Being Paige
03-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I think that could be said about most everbody m,f,cd,ts etc. Were all are worst enemies. Thanks for sharing.

carhill2mn
03-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Great post and good advice!

Lynn Marie
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
That's a great story. Hope mine works out as well. I'm a similar height. Gonna have to tell my ladyfriend one of these days.