PDA

View Full Version : Where does time go? or Ohh crud I am another 8 hours older!

SuzanneBender
03-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I write this post nestled into my hotel bed. Looking out over my bounty of the day that has names like Betseyville, Jessica Simpson and Joan and Dave. I just removed one of the most exquisite makeovers from one of the sweatest women that I have every met and it all pales in comparision to my oportunity to meet another kindred sister and spend the day as myself. Sara J and I had a girls day out. I will share the details in another thread tomorrow this thread is about something she said earlier that is resonating within my silly blonde head as I shut the door to my hotel room on another ohey gooey rich and chewy femme day.

Sara said days like today are like wedding days. You turn around and they are gone. She was so right, but why are they like that? Is it because we packed so much into one day? Maybe. How about because we love being ourselves and for some of us leting the inside out doesnt come often enough? Sure I will by that idea, but I think the biggest reason today was because I met a new friend. Whose company I dearly enjoyed.

Ladies what do you think? We all have moments like today. You dont have to plunder Nordies and Macy's to have a day like this one. It can be as simple as the wife and kids leaving for the weekend so you can dress. Why do you think the time sneaks away during these moments so quickly?

More importantly can we bottle that reason and use it to spead up time when we are in line at the Department of Motor vehicles.

Phyliss
03-07-2010, 07:10 AM
From the old potato chip commercial "Bet you can't eat one..." then the person grabs the whole bag.

Those oh so short snatches of time we get are so filled with all we want to do that it goes by so rapidly. Being compulsive by nature, I want the feeling to last forever, but reality has a way of destroying my euphoria.

Yes, those wonderful fem days are precious and fleeting.

msniki48
03-07-2010, 07:28 AM
1st of all Suzanne, i missed you, welcome back. i'm sure it has only been a few days, but it seems soo long that you have been away.

in the past 8 days I have been to 2 meetings for support. [ i have been away from niki for far too long] they are only a few hours long, but it feels so right talking with the girls, and comparing notes. Thank God i am lucky enough to come home to a loving wife so i take off the heels and snuggle up on the couch with her when i get back, sip a glass of wine, and eventually get ready for bed. the next day, when i have to go back to my socially designated role....and remove my nail polish etc. That is when it really hits me, like a ton of bricks.

it really resinates that yesterday was but a fleeting moment.

Yes i think to some degree we all have those moments.

let's remember those good days...they are the ones that keep you coming back for a little bit more.

:hugs::love:

JustWendy
03-07-2010, 09:47 AM
It's an old and overused expression, but true, "Time sure flies when you're having fun!" It's not just the perfect femme day (although that's pretty hard to beat). I'm always excited to see my daughters on Friday night and sad to say goodbye on Sunday night. We fill the days in between, yet they're over in the blink of an eye. You didn't just have a wonderfully normal girl day, you embraced a new girlfriend and no amount of time was going to be enough. To be yourself with a kindred spirit. The moment isn't gone. It's there in your heart and mind, enhancing the anticipation of the next meeting.

Wendy:hugs:

PretzelGirl
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I think you need to turn it around. Bottle up that slow movement of time from the DMV and apply it to the girlie days. Make them stretch out. You could make a mint!

Sara Jessica
03-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm so happy to see this little post from my new dear friend!!!

What a day it was. I'm absolutely exhausted but really, for what? Oh yeah, about 15 hours door-to-door being myself and sharing probably a week's worth of experiences with a new friend in merely one day. I think we could have talked for hours if we just gave ourselves the chance to sit back and smell the roses, which of course we did over dinner. Yet earlier that day, there were wonderful makeover experiences to be had and shoes to buy (spoiler, we pretty much took over a busy Macy's shoe department which seemed to have endless clearance racks).

Of course we'll tag-team on a full description of the fun later on!

As whirlwind as an outing like this can be, I couldn't imagine living my life's tg experiences without feeling the rain on my face and the view of the world around me with the eyes of a woman, not to mention without having so many wonderful friends who I absolutely cherish.

AllieSF
03-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Suzanne, I know exactly how you feel. I try to go out as much as I can and enjoy every moment while en femme. However, there are those special times when we just do not want it to stop, even after way too many hours with the need for for some good sleep and long drive home looming on front of us. I had one of those this last week with a dear friend. It was just us going to 3 different venues. However, at dinner seated there with very satisfied looks on our faces, after eating some exquisite Moroccan food in a special ambiance, that I asked my friend to pinch me to make sure that this night and moment were actually happening. I never really remember feeling that way when out in guy mode. I think one reason is that special moments are meant to be not so commonplace and should be enjoyed and remembered above all the others. May the feeling never end. Thanks for sharing.

charlie
03-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Hello Suzanne!
Once a month I go to another state for business for 4-5 days. Those days are as you are describing. I have other girl friends there and we shop, have dinners together, go to the movies and be as female as we can. Those days each month run by faster then any others. I'm always leaving as soon as I am arriving! It just does not seem fair! I live in LA, perhaps you could tell me who you got to do your exquisite makeup? My makeup artistry has all come from a book. Good, but not great.

Frédérique
03-07-2010, 06:06 PM
How about because we love being ourselves and for some of us leting the inside out doesnt come often enough?
We all have moments like today. It can be as simple as the wife and kids leaving for the weekend so you can dress. Why do you think the time sneaks away during these moments so quickly?

Yes, I’ve known days like this – you’ll think about them years from now, usually obsessing about some minute detail that you cannot forget, the seed or “key” to other pleasant memories. Really odd is realizing at the time it’s happening that you are engaged in a momentous, yet seemingly trivial, event that you will remember later. Call it walking Zen, or satori in heels, but why spoil such a beautiful moment? Being yourself should be the only goal in life – I think most people lose sight of that simple truth. The feeling is fleeting, but now and then you stop and realize how precious these moments really are – time can indeed stand still when we let the "inside" out to play…:battingeyelashes:

Kathi Lake
03-07-2010, 07:40 PM
It reminds me of something I said to Sue once. She saw that I was having another Kathi day and did my usual overpacking of events into the day. She said, ". . . are your days longer than other people's?" I said that each moment we are given is a blessing. Each moment that we are given to live out our true nature is doubly so. So when I am dressed, I will not waste a single hour, minute or second. I completely understand your feeling, my friend.

Kathi