PDA

View Full Version : 'Twas A Dark And Stormy Night . . .

Persephone
03-07-2010, 05:48 AM
'Twas a dark and stormy night (I have always, always wanted to start a story that way!), so, of course, my spouse and I decided to go out . . .

But before I get to this evening, let me back up to yesterday, another typical day in the wacky world of Persephone.

Yesterday started early as the en drab version of me was delivering a speech to a local organization. It went pretty well, despite the fact that I had an annoying head cold.

Immediately after the program, I had to rush home to do makeup and change into "high androgyny" for my bi-weekly manicure. A baby blue paisley turtleneck with a bit of shimmer, jeans (sorry Karren!), and open-toes heels.

After a delightful hour of chit-chat and pampering I was off to the bookstore to look for a magazine that had an article a friend had recommended. From there it was on to a stop at the hearing aid store to pick up batteries I'd ordered.

Finally, the cold, or whatever it was, got the best of me and I went home and took a nap.

This morning my spouse and I had our beauty salon appointments, for which I'm always en femme. I love walking in and being warmly greeted by various beauticians and customers.

After two hours at the salon, we returned home for lunch and I did another quick change, this time back to drab, because we had a business appointment immediately after lunch. Both of us followed that 2-hour meeting with a short nap.

It began to pour right after we finished dinner, but we decided to go out anyway, so it was back to femme for the evening.

I wore a high-waisted black skirt slit up the side, a white shell, and a short single-button brocade jacket, with 4½-inch stiletto heels (with a ½-inch hidden platform).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/MC3-6-10.jpg
Wrapped in our coats and hiding under umbrellas we dashed to the car and headed for one of the most amazing (and exclusive) private clubs in Los Angeles.

It is interesting to be a ghost.

As a guy I'm known to performers and staff at the club, but, fortunately, as a woman I seem to be able to freely enjoy the club without being mistaken for "him." Perhaps this is how Marion Kerby, a theatrical ghost, felt as she passed through places unnoticed.

We had a wonderful time seeing shows and wandering through the club, although, despite the rain, it was quite crowded.

Have you stood in line for ½ an hour in 4½ inch stilettos? I have. Because of the crowd, there were some lines for some of the performance rooms, so I held our place in line as my spouse went to the bar to get each of us a glass of wine. It was worth it as it was a great performance (by someone my "guy self" knows).

A bit after midnight we returned home. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Shelly Preston
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
You are having a busy time

The main thing is you are having fun while doing it :D

SherriePall
03-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I am exhausted just reading about your changing back and forth! You look great in that outfit and I just can imagine how it feels to be someplace where people know your Drab self and your femme self is just, as you said, invisible. It would feel awfully wierd to me. I think I would be tempted to start yelling, "Hey, don't you know who I am?"

jenifer m.
03-07-2010, 03:37 PM
yes i know what you mean about being like a ghost. its great to be around others who know me as male only when en fem.sounds like you are having a blast.enjoy.

Frédérique
03-07-2010, 05:12 PM
It is interesting to be a ghost.

You certainly have an interesting life, Persephone! It is indeed interesting to be a ghost, in fact being a “ghost” is my raison d'être. If I could float around my little Kansas town unnoticed, yet still be in physical form, I would derive great pleasure from that. I actually do that to a certain extent, when I’m photographing my surroundings, but I’m always aware of others watching me. My main activities all rely on anonymity, and crossdressing neatly fits into that as if it had been pre-arranged. This life is a waking dream; at least I can make it so – I have the power…:battingeyelashes:

Finally, the cold, or whatever it was, got the best of me and I went home and took a nap.

Yes! I’m not alone in my torpitude…:heehee:

Starling
03-07-2010, 06:09 PM
What fun, Persephone! Two girls out on a tear, devil may care...And your outfit is gorgeous, as are you, yourself.

Many happy returns to that exclusive club that exists both on earth and in the mind.

:) Lallie

Kathi Lake
03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Persephone,

I can certainly see how you keep yourself so young - going to the gym, spa appointments, walking, . . . changing clothes on an hourly basis. :)

So, you went to The Magic Castle, eh? That sounds so fun! Your jacket is beautiful, by the way! You have such nice style, pretty clothes, and a wonderful relationship with your wife. You truly are blessed, my friend.

Kathi

Persephone
03-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I think I would be tempted to start yelling, "Hey, don't you know who I am?"

LOL! Yes, the thought did occur to me! Fortunately, it remained a fantasy because my femme self doesn't like to yell. :heehee: