PDA

View Full Version : AND dating guys

mklinden2010
03-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Well, for anyone who wonders about crossdressing, and comes to this forum for information, it's pretty clear that crossdressing has mostly got to be about "dating guys."

Seriously, more than 13,000 views of an OP about crossdressing A-N-D dating guys?

Most OPs about crossdressing might get a few hundred reads... "Why am I doing this?" "What's up with my boyfriend? How can I tell my wife?" Boring... Don't care... Yawn...

Game over.

Judging by "the numbers" crossdressing IS all about being gay, bi-sexual, and/or repressed (and not so repressed) sexual fantasy.

Number don't lie.

But, a lot of crossdressers must...

It's so obvious.

GypsyKaren
03-08-2010, 06:41 AM
People slow down to look at car wrecks all the time, it don't mean they want to get in accident.

Karen

Raychel
03-08-2010, 06:49 AM
People slow down to look at car wrecks all the time, it don't mean they want to get in accident.

Karen

Amen, Karen

bethw
03-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Truer words were never spoken Karen.
Hugs
beth

Stina84
03-08-2010, 07:51 AM
While some of us are attracted to men, the majority of MTF crossdressers are only attracted by women. I think all research on the subject shows that...

johnboy23
03-08-2010, 08:04 AM
DAMN! Why did I look at this post? Oh yea cause I look at all of them. Its so obvious that I must be a gay, post-op, and wig and make-up wearing cder since I read all the bulletins. Please nobody post anything about cding smurfs. I don't want to become that.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Oops! I accidentaly clicked here. I was trying to view the thread below this one. Sorry about inflating the view numbers. My bad.

mklinden2010
03-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Subject line says, "AND dating guys."

No flashing lights, no long lines, no question what's going on.

Busted.

Again.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
No, I'm like really serious. I totally clicked on this thread by accident. Really...

JiveTurkeyOnRye
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I haven't had time to check this site much recently, but I clicked on that thread after reading this one, and it seems, at least from the first page, to be a pretty clear mix of people who do and don't date men when crossdressed, so I guess your argument is, if someone clicks on a thread they must agree with it's topic, even if they are posting to say they don't?

Numbers don't lie, but flawed premises do.

MarciManseau
03-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Karen

Apples and oranges, IHMO.

Hugs, Marci

Holly
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
:troll:

kimdl93
03-08-2010, 10:37 AM
hmmm, I think the data says that most CDs are heterosexual. Some, like myself are indeed bisexual, or at least bicurous, but I don't know that the two are necessarily related. Perhaps its just a happy coincedence in my case!

mklinden2010
03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
>>so I guess your argument is, if someone clicks on a thread they must agree with it's topic, even if they are posting to say they don't?

In the case of the topic heading being discussed:

"Crossdressing and dating guys" what is there to agree or disagree with? It's not a question or a statement. It's a topic header and nothing more.

The question might be in the mind of the reader/readers, but that may be part of the point. What question are they hoping it is and who are "they"?

In any event, I don't see 13,000 denials, or, 300. Neither does anybody else. They aren't there.

Perhaps because the majority of crossdressers and/or those interested in crossdressing/crossdressers ARE gay or bi? The interest certainly seems to be there - but not to the negative.

I'm saying, among other things, that 12,500+ "clicks" - above average - on that particular topic is a better indicator of the public's interest in and perception of crossdressers than anything else posted on these pages - after years of trying to educate people to the contrary. If that's seriously a goal, of course.

I'm also saying, among other things, that the "take away" by most visitors coming to this site to confirm/deny preexisting impressions that crossdressers must be gay or bi is overwhelming persuaded - reading as much or as little as you just did (Who knows?) - that "the majority interest" in the activity IS gay or bi...

Which could lead to:

"Honey, we need to talk. This may more serious than you think, or, will admit..."

"Ohhhhh myyyyyyy G*d!"

"Hello, Dad? What was the name of that attorney you and Mom met at church?"

"Ahhhh. That felt good."

"Drat. No phone numbers!"

Not much counterweight in the other posting "click" numbers to offset the huge number expressed and implied in that thread.

I'm not talking about what people wrote or didn't write to the OP.

I'm talking about the additional interest, "clicking," shown in a standard topic, crossdressing, when "and dating guys" is added to it.

"Crossdressing and filing my taxes" MIGHT get as much interest, but I doubt it.

Although... I could probably get a bump (no pun intended?) if I reworded the topic:

"Crossdressing and filing my taxes IN heels."

Why is that, do you suppose?

Would the majority of "clickers" care so much about the size or color of the heels, or, that "some guy" had them on?

Women would probably not care so much about the heels; taxes don't have much to do with heels and vice versa.

But, what are we to conclude about the HUGE number of guys (Who is left when you subtract the women who don't "click"?) who suddenly do?

And, what are we to conclude about the number of men, who crossdress, who have little or nothing to say, one way or the other, about "and dating men"?

It's often said, "Silence means consent."

Start a thread about "Crossdressing and not dating men" and see what happens.

I predict more "passing" than is normally thought possible when linking passing and crossdressing...

Because "...and not dating men" isn't as "interesting."

aggi123
03-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I clicked on it because it was a new topic that hasn't been done ten million times before. New things are good :)

Tamara Croft
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
This thread is done.