PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Hits the Road

Jenny J
03-09-2010, 03:07 AM
The TranscentralPA Keystone Conference begins this Thursday and it’s one of the most anticipated events that has interested me in many years.

Listening to my BTGFF’S talk about last year’s event and the great time they had, I know that this was an ‘A’ List event I had to attend. I didn’t want to miss out on this unique conference.

As the date slowly grew closer, I could tell the anticipation was growing among my Trans friends as well as for me. One by one each of us found we could arrange our schedules so that we could make the conference and the planning began. After awhile it became evident this year it was going to be bigger and better, definitely something really special.

The Buzz really started picking up a month ago as all the girls made hotel reservations and looked for roommates to help defer the cost. Being a thrifty T-girl is important nowadays and anyway you can save some cash is a good idea. It ain’t cheap being a trans-woman, keeping up with trends, events and fashion not to mention two wardrobes. The biggest drawback with a roomie is you now have to share the mirror while getting ready and making do with what little closet space the hotel room has to offer. Accommodating two gals is a major pain in the ass. Do you have any idea as to how many shoes 2 T-girls bring to one of these clambakes?

In two words…………NOT ENOUGH!

Two weeks out the e-mails and text messages start flying. What seminars sessions are you going to? Where are you going to eat? How many outfits are you bringing? What goes with a peach skirt?

Man! This is getting complicated. I need something to wear at Breakfast, something for the morning sessions, a Lunch outfit and then the afternoon activities and of course Dinner and the night life. Wow! How am I going to get all this stuff in my car?

One week out, more e-mails, texts and now phone calls. Let’s get our nails done. How soon can we check in? (Want to change and get femme as soon as possible). More people call to say they’ll be attending and want to try to get together. How come there’s only 24 hours in a day? I need more! What the hell, I’ll sleep when I’m dead, just hope it’s after the conference.

Finally, only one day out, now the phone calls really start coming in. Let’s do lunch together the first day. Maybe we should carpool (remember the trannie carpool?). Do you think I should bring another dress? Be sure to bring a camera; years ago it was bring extra film, now it’s Geez, 8 gigabytes isn’t enough-don’t forget the batteries!

OK, the car is parked, service and ready to go. Last minute housekeeping taken care of at home and I’m primed and ready for 3 days of total bliss. Hope the credit card isn’t maxed out yet!

Keystone isn’t a Southern Comfort Conference but it is a big event for the Trans community in Pennsylvania as well as me. I haven’t been out and about that much so this event is going to be a big one. It’s just another step for this Trans gal and her excellent femme adventure.

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time.

Stay tuned.

Maria in heels
03-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Jenny .... I never even realized what goes into spending a few days, especially with others and what exactly I would need to go...thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and plans with many of us who have yet to venture into a comfortable, but new, and busy world where we can all be ourselves. I enjoyed and re-read your post several times, and am still amazed at how I would need to prepare for something like this. I do have a "sister" online who has talked with me over the years about everything, and she does attend Southern Comfort, and even showed me "my shoes" that I sent her in a picture there ! I hope to someday be able to attend one of these functions, and just let Maria have some fun for more than one day....

renee k
03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi Jen,

With the conference only a couple days away you must as giddy as a kid at christmas. We all expect a post with pictures including the obligatory evening gown pose. Have fun!

Renee

Jenny J
03-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi Jen,

With the conference only a couple days away you must as giddy as a kid at christmas. We all expect a post with pictures including the obligatory evening gown pose. Have fun!

Renee

Therein lies another problem; which gown to wear! :thinking:

Already took the spare tire, jack, tire iron, roadside emergency kit and spare water out of the car. I need a luggage rack!

Jen

:rose 2:

renee k
03-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Therein lies another problem; which gown to wear! :thinking:

Already took the spare tire, jack, tire iron, roadside emergency kit and spare water out of the car. I need a luggage rack!

Jen

:rose 2:

Why don't you just borrow one of them Boeing things you fly and take it to Harrisburg for the conference. Plenty of overhead bin space. I'm sure Mr. Parker wouldn't mind. LOL!!!

Renee

sherri52
03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Jenny: All I can say is have a great time. You will obviously forget something, we always do. Make do with what you've got and enjoy the time you spend there.

Jenny J
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Why don't you just borrow one of them Boeing things you fly and take it to Harrisburg for the conference. Plenty of overhead bin space. I'm sure Mr. Parker wouldn't mind. LOL!!!

Renee

Now there's a thought. If some of the other girls get wind of that, well, we'll be in an "oversell situation" not to mention W & B issues.

Maybe the 76 is available.

Jen

:rose2:

renee k
03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Jenny: All I can say is have a great time. You will obviously forget something, we always do. Make do with what you've got and enjoy the time you spend there.

I went to a TG weekend a couple years ago and left my breast forms behind!!

But that didn't stop me from having fun. Glad I remembered to bring my transpore tape!!

I know Jenny uses check lists, and there won't be anything left behind.

Renee

Paula Siemen
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I wish I could go..................:sad:

SuzanneBender
03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
It took the SCC last year for me to realize why when we go on a cruise my wife spends days packing and has three suitcases while in guy mode I have a carryon and a small duffle.

I will never ever ever give her a hard time about packing again!

Jenny have a great time. Take lots of pics and we are looking forward to hearing about your week.