PDA

View Full Version : Is it me being silly?

Mandy
03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I know this sounds really daft, but I'm beggining to feel a connection between I.T. & CD'in, or is it just me:eek:?

Must admit, it is a very stressfull job at times & being a CD'er helps me to forget the troubles of the day:battingeyelashes:

dawnmarrie1961
03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Not uncommon. There are many of us in the I.T. field. It makes us unique problem solvers.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

AlsoSamantha
03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
That's interesting! I'm a truck driver and always assumed there was a connection between truck drivers and cross dressing.
I have a friend who's a lawyer and likes to dress, and he assumed there was a connection between lawyers and cross dressing!
:heehee:

sandra-leigh
03-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm not in "I.T." -- I'm a real programmer :D (However, I was in "I.T." when I started cross-dressing.)

If you search around and find the Myers-Briggs Personality Test topics, you will find that a quite high portion of people here report that they test out as INTJ, a category that is supposedly only 1% of the population, and is perfect for analyst-programmers (but is not considered perfect for I.T. in general, as it implies more creativity than the average I.T. person would have need of.)

JustAlex
03-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I work on IT although I'm not the classic IT guy, I work on the industrial side of IT. Kind of the missing link between automation and IT.

But I think it's irrelevant. I was a CD at 6 years old, maybe even before that, and I wasn't working at that time. I guess I had a very stressful childhood... :heehee:

Vickie_CDTV
03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I am also in I.T., and I personally know many (10 offhand) CD or TS truck drivers. I have also known several electrical engineers who were CD or TS.

For me, the part of the appeal was being able to work closely with machines, and try to avoid dealing with people in general. A way to isolate myself from the judgment of others I suppose.

suzy1
03-09-2010, 03:03 PM
what better way to forget all your troubles than to C.D. It has always worked for me. How are the boots, pulling on boots over tights is very nice and feminine feeling. I love my boots. Must do a picture soon.

keep happy

more hugs SUZY

sherri52
03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
If you ask me there is a connection between CD'ing and everything and as CD'ers we do it better.

Cassandra Lynn
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Before i post a whole thread, i'm wondering if there has been a thread relating to the hand analysis......also known as the 2D:4D, which measures the index and ring fingers of males. This test offers some interesting clues into the CD world. I also have done the Myers-Briggs and it correlates to my femme side????? mj

dawnmarrie1961
03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
But I think it's irrelevant. I was a CD at 6 years old, maybe even before that, and I wasn't working at that time. I guess I had a very stressful childhood... :heehee:

The blueprint for your higher brain functions was already there long before your 6th birthday. Thus your problem solving abilities, although not fully realized, were ever present.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

Joanne f
03-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I have this odd feeling that there is a connection between computers the Internet and everyone here :doh:

Andy66
03-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Before i post a whole thread, i'm wondering if there has been a thread relating to the hand analysis......also known as the 2D:4D, which measures the index and ring fingers of males. This test offers some interesting clues into the CD world. I also have done the Myers-Briggs and it correlates to my femme side????? mj
Yeah, there was a thread like that a month or two ago.

Also a few months ago there was a thread about our jobs. There were a lot of high tech jobs and a lot of uber-macho jobs.

There are a lot of exceptionally high I.Q.s in this bunch. I wonder if there's a correlation there too?

Joanne f
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
There are a lot of exceptionally high I.Q.s in this bunch. I wonder if there's a correlation there too?

That`s OK just make me feel like the odd one out :heehee:

SuzanneBender
03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I would have never thought IT folks would make good TGs. Most womens fashions have no place for a pocket protector! :roflmao::lol2::laughing::^5:

Sorry dears that one was easy pickins and I couldn't pass it up.

I find that most TG folks are intelligent and creative. Just like women should be and if you have a purse you have no need for a pocket protector. Ohhhh I am on fire today. I should be ashamed of myself.

Andy66
03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
That`s OK just make me feel like the odd one out :heehee:
Silly, I know you're very smart, and classy too. :love:

EnglishRose
03-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Argh. Online tests helped create my gender dysphoria so remember to take them with a grain of salt! (my ratio is pretty much 1.0 2d:4d).

WandaRae2009
03-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm not in I.T, but that was my second choice when I went to college. I chose accounting instead. I still am quite computer savy and have worked closely on many conversions and major I.T. projects.

dawnmarrie1961
03-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I would have never thought IT folks would make good TGs. Most womens fashions have no place for a pocket protector! :roflmao::lol2::laughing::^5:

There's more than one place to put a pocket protector.:devil:

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

Cassandra Lynn
03-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, there was a thread like that a month or two ago.

Also a few months ago there was a thread about our jobs. There were a lot of high tech jobs and a lot of uber-macho jobs.

Thanx Anne, hate dredging.

Guess i have to lay claim to the uber-macho side of the working world, i come from a very long line of sawmill workers...you know, come home wash the sawdust and sweat off and "slip into something a little more comfortable", if any of you average IQ ppl need a place to sit, i'll scoot down. :straightface:mj

docrobbysherry
03-09-2010, 08:46 PM
My server is AT&T, NOT IT!:brolleyes:

IamSara
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Not uncommon. There are many of us in the I.T. field. It makes us unique problem solvers.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

Damn I knew I was in the wrong profession!!!!
None of us (other than me) in the service engineer field that I know of.
Sarah :rose2:

VeronicaMoonlit
03-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Computers and special purpose computers like video game machines, never reject you because you're different. Same might go for comic books, or model trains, or fantasy novels. So if you don't get invited to parties, or feel uncomfortable in social situations because you feel all "wrong", the books and games are there and they will always be your firend.

Veronica Rogers

Andy66
03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
So if you don't get invited to parties, or feel uncomfortable in social situations because you feel all "wrong", the books and games are there and they will always be your firend.
Hey, lady... are you calling me a nerd??? I resemble that remark! :tongueout:

Michelle-Leigh
03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Well I, for one, dabbled in I.T. over the years, having done programming in two languages plus several database script languages..... And underneath the definition of "crossdresser" in the dictionary is a picture of me. :tongueout

Nicole Erin
03-09-2010, 09:55 PM
what I dont get is why there aren't more cosmetologists here. I am a student and I know TamaraV is a stylist, but we are like the only two.

JamieG
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm a computer scientist, and also feel there is a high incidence of TGness in programmers/computer engineers/IT people. Here's some possible reasons:

1) Since most computer people are used to being looked down on by society, they don't have as much to lose by exploring their femme nature.

2) I think they also tend to think outside the box and thus are likely to challenge social norms, especially those that have no rational basis.

3) Finally, (especially with older CDs) they have had access to the Internet for a lot longer than the average person their age (e.g. ALT newsgroups?), and thus were able to explore the topic in anonymity.

Jamie

EnglishRose
03-10-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm a network engineer. Never really liked talking to customers, though I did work in support for a long time. Been using the net since about 1995 and I've even created my own alt.fan usenet group for no good reason :)