PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in NYC

Koka
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi !

I finally made my decision. I am going out Friday night !! No matter if I have to do it by myself. I was wondering if you could recommend any good and safe place to go on a Friday night. I am looking for a place where I can go, have a drink (even though I don't drink ), talk and make some friends. May be dance a little and just have a good time.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Kisses :love:

Koka

NathalieX66
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
I think Galapagos Art Space in Brooklyn ,the Williamsburg section is pretty open-minded. I'm tempted to show up en femme at some of the burlesque events around the city (B'klyn & Manhattan), as I have seen some TG's there. it's got this weird artsy vibe. I think, in reality, people in NYC love people who go for personal expression, and being totally en femme makes the city that much more interesting from their standpoint.
In general, you will have no problem around the lower east side Manhattan (south of Houston St......SOHO, get it?). I say that because I've been there/done that. I've been in Arlene's Grocery (a club around Stanton & Orchard, or Rivington, not sure exactly) and I was in a deli & a bookstore, and around the block a few weeks ago, and I didn't get much notice. I really enjoyed walking Down St. Mark's Place because it's so Lou Reed & Velvet Underground a la the song Wild Side. I wore my sweater dress that night. Please stop into Yaffa cafe (has a building mural with a girl in a white Gestapo hat)

The lower west side, you are gonna attract guys for obvious reasons. LIps, a drag restaurant is near St. Vincent' s Hospital, somehwere off Greenwich St. ( I use the Artesian restaurant as a landmark) soI can find it. Walked by there, never been in it.
Hope my worthless input helps.

Sherry Ann Evans
03-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi !

I finally made my decision. I am going out Friday night !! No matter if I have to do it by myself. I was wondering if you could recommend any good and safe place to go on a Friday night. I am looking for a place where I can go, have a drink (even though I don't drink ), talk and make some friends. May be dance a little and just have a good time.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Kisses :love:

Koka

Anywhere in Greenwich Village.

DianeDeBris
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi -- I've been to Lips many times, it's a great place with good shows, actually fairly good food, very nice vibe, totally eclectic mix of patrons -- great fun! And, from memory only, I think it's either on or at the corner of Bank Street. Have fun!

Hugs -- Diane

Stephenie S
03-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Sweetie, NYC is NYC, and you can go any where you please. You can do anything you want at any time of the day or night in New York City.

New York is not East Podunk in the Bible belt and it's not a biker bar in redneck country. New York has the Naked Cowboy, for goodness sake. Surely they can take you for an evening or two without a meltdown. Go where you want, when you want. You'll love it.

Of course there are places to stay away from, but a good rule is if you wouldn't go there in drab, don't go there en femme. Otherwise, have at it. New York is FAR more sophisticated than you are and believe me, you won't raise an eyebrow. If you are friendly and well behaved, you will find New Yorkers to be much nicer than they have a reputation for being. Can I repeat myself? You'll LOVE it!

Fab Karen
03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I recall Jennifer's a NYC girl, and I think she's talked about going out to the nightlife. You could ask her advice: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=9205

StarrOfDelite
03-13-2010, 12:15 AM
I agree with this one billion percent. New York is like the old Mamas and Papas Song, you know, go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whomever you pleeeze! You don't have to look for TG bars in the City because people in the "straight" bars don't care. The scene in Crocodile Dundee where the Crocodile man checks the TG's package isn't far off the mark, because the TG was in the bar and wasn't getting hassled, she was being accepted as one of the regulars, and the laugh was that Croc thought he was doing great with a GG.

In any case, you look absolutely marvelous in your album, and I'm sure that you will get along fabulously.

Just remember, Republicans are not welcome in Hell's Kitchen.
(a line from Sleepers that just breaks me up, even tho the movie isn't a comedy)

Sweetie, NYC is NYC, and you can go any where you please. You can do anything you want at any time of the day or night in New York City.

New York is not East Podunk in the Bible belt and it's not a biker bar in redneck country. New York has the Naked Cowboy, for goodness sake. Surely they can take you for an evening or two without a meltdown. Go where you want, when you want. You'll love it.

Of course there are places to stay away from, but a good rule is if you wouldn't go there in drab, don't go there en femme. Otherwise, have at it. New York is FAR more sophisticated than you are and believe me, you won't raise an eyebrow. If you are friendly and well behaved, you will find New Yorkers to be much nicer than they have a reputation for being. Can I repeat myself? You'll LOVE it!

lavistaa62
04-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Washington Square and that area is fantastic. In fact during my last visit I was thoroughly bored with the drabness of the place until this fantastic older man shows up in fur from his foot tall feathered hat to gold heeled boots. Best of all was his very ornate wooden walking cane. Immediately I felt those around me perk up and I was in a better mood for the rest of the night.

So do it en femme, enhance the mood of those around you. Don't forget to look out for the musicians. Now that it's warmer the Bill Murray Experiment et all will be out making things even more festive. Nothing like the swish of light fabric, the click of heels, a light breeze through the hair on your bare shoulders and great music in the air.

Oh- and don't pass by the retail MAC on Times Square if you get up that way.

NathalieX66
04-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Washington Square and that area is fantastic. In fact during my last visit I was thoroughly bored with the drabness of the place until this fantastic older man shows up in fur from his foot tall feathered hat to gold heeled boots. Best of all was his very ornate wooden walking cane. Immediately I felt those around me perk up and I was in a better mood for the rest of the night.

I've seen the dude you are talking about. You cannot miss him He is in Washington Square, though in years past he has been in and around St. Marks Place. I've also seen the underwear cowboy in Time's Square(parody'd by the M&M's commercial).
NY City will welcome you too much....it's what keeps the vibe of the city going. I may consider doing the same over the weekend, with a camera. It's best for me not to brag about doing such an activity until it's said and done. My main problem is not actually going en femme into the city, but where to park my car without paying astronomically high parking fees, or getting a ticket or towed.

suchacutie
04-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I used to drive into NYC all the time, but just got tired of paying that incredible fee for parking, so now I take the train! It never seems to cost as much as driving and once in the city there are cabs everywhere, at least in Manhattan.

tina

Stephenie S
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Park in Jersey City and take the tube into town.

StayceeCD
04-09-2010, 02:21 AM
I'll be in town on the 24th with a few other girls to see La Cage on Broadway. Afterwards we are going to the Beauty Bar. Great place that has a 50's beauty parlor decor complete with old style hair dryers.. They also do Martinis and Manicures! Looking forward to a fun night!