PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite most cdtg freindly bar/club?

dana55
03-10-2010, 11:31 PM
hi girls whats your faovrite tg/cd freindly club/bar or even restaurant that you have gone to or have been? what city is it in also. Im venturing to go out to one but wanted to ask you girls before so i know i 'll feel comfortable. thank you so much girls!

paulap
03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
God, I am wanting to go to a cd-friendly salon, get made-over and go out somewhere. Where do I go in NE OH?

heatherb
03-11-2010, 07:24 AM
A lot of us gurls in southwest Michigan go to the Dunes resort in Douglas (near Saugatuck). They even have a couple of TG weekends every year. The next one is April 9-11.

jenifer m.
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
well here in south florida i like to go to a place called the voodoo lounge.every sunday night they have drag shows,and lots of cd/ts folks can be seen there.its in down town fort lauderdale.theres also a place called the mail box thats cd frendly,but im not sure if its still there.

charlie
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
In Phoenix AZ there is a place called Cruzin 7th and another called Amsterdam. Amsterdam has a mixed fun crowd and shows. Cruzin 7th is a meat market with lots of CD's on weekends and drag shows as well.

silentone
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Can't say I've seen one where I live!

Sherry-Stephanie
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
In Nashville it's the Tribe, Play and Lipsticks...other as well but I haven't made it to them yet...

vikki2020
03-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Welcome to Chicago! Almost any bar on north Halsted will do, but my fave is "Spin". Look for their Tranny-Palooza nights!

pennylee
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Rumpy's in Lenox. ma. on church st., Troy is the bartender!

lisalove
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I've been to Martha's Vineyard on Olive Street here in Springfield, even won 3rd place in a pagent there.
I hear 721 Club is CD friendly, but haven't been there yet. And The Edge is great I was there but not dressed at the time, there were a few gurls though.

DonnaT
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
In Richmond, VA: Babes of Carytown, a lesbian place but open to all, and Fielden's, a private gay place but non-discriminating

In Crystal City, Arlington, VA: Freddie's Beach Bar

SweetCaroline
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
The nearest one to where I live would be the BLU Ultralounge in Worcester, where the SISTERS of Worcester meet every Wednesday night. There are quite a number of places across Massachusetts that are CD friendly, and not all of them are GLBT places either. In Boston alone, I can think of a half a dozen Trans friendly clubs I've been to. There's also Club 313 in Manchester NH, a very lively GLBT club. Tho personally, I prefer straight places, since thats where I feel most a home. I wouldn't consider any bar or club off limits.

patti.jean
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
A lot of us gurls in southwest Michigan go to the Dunes resort in Douglas (near Saugatuck). They even have a couple of TG weekends every year. The next one is April 9-11.

Heather,
Hope to see you at the Dunes TG weekend. Do you have your prom dress?

Patti

Kristy 56
03-11-2010, 07:50 PM
The Rainbow bar in Tampa. It's a lesbian bar,but open to all. As the owner told me,"if anyone doesn't like a CDer in here they can go find another place " I told here how much I appreciated that,and I made sure to conduct myself as a a lady.

sterling12
03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Around here, we have seen too many places that have come and gone. A lot of people remember "The famous Z-109." I think an awful lot of folk from out of town ended up there, when they visited Tampa/St. Pete. Amber is still around, "The Z" is gone.

We had our own LGBT Resort, but they tore down "The Suncoast"....it was a pity! And, recently we lost a venue that a lot of us had great hopes for. The current Recession, (mini-depression) has put an end to "The Alternative Pathway." David says he's going to re-open a smaller place, but right now it is no more!

What we have left? A fairly new LGBT Resort, called "The Flamingo." Numerous smaller clubs and bars. (Like Christy's Mention about The Rainbow) Hopefully, something big will open up soon, and The Gurls will have a new home.

I was looking at our unemployment numbers around here. Florida is in a huge amount of trouble. My own county has an unemployment rate approaching 14%, and The State as a whole, is around 11%. Just to make it easy to understand....if I'm standing in line at Winn-Dixie, and there are six people in that line, the odds are excellent that at least one of them is out of work!

I imagine we might have to wait for a new place. Could you imagine starting a business with an unemployment rate in your area of 14%?

Peace and Love, Joanie

AmandaM
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I liked the Queen Mary in LA, then it closed.

renee k
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM

The Dunes is definitely the place to be when the TG weekends are in full swing. But for those of us urbinites in Detroit. GiGi's is where it's at on a Saturday night!

Renee

JessicaMiller
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I like The Stonewall in Huntington, WV and The Broadway in Charleston, WV. Both places have lot's of drag shows on the weekends, and just about any random night you can have a good time there.

AllieSF
03-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Here in the San Francisco Bay area there are several specifically TG friendly places. However, there are many hundreds time that number that are mainstream and very accepting. Actually, they are not accepting, they just treat every customer the same, which is exactly how it should be. My favorite bar is The Clock Bar just off the main lobby in the well known St. Francis Hotel on Union Square (a shopper paradise). Just go where you go in non-CD mode and enjoy the moment like everyone else.

Teri Jean
03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
In my home town of Mankato MN we have the Coffee Hag (coffee house and restaurant), and in the Twin Cities there are so many but the Town House is a club I enjoyed. There are plenty of different places and if yu need to get out check with the local LGBT support group to find their personal choices.

Teri

KELLYANN
03-12-2010, 04:03 AM
agree with vikki. n. halsted in chicago. gay and very TG friendly. most everyplace, you'll be welcomed!!

StarrOfDelite
03-12-2010, 11:11 PM
In northeastern Ohio the Funky Skunk in Warren has Lady's Nights Out on the second Saturday of every month, and The Blue Moon in Pittsburgh has Lady's Nights on Saturdays, but I can't recall which weekend of the month they are on. I believe there are one or two TG friendly places in Lakewood, and one in Akron. In Detroit, which isn't far from Toledo, Gigi's is famous for its TG friendly atmosphere and makeovers.

Most of these places are Gay Bars 90% of the time, but I've been to all of them at one time or another, and always had a good time chatting with the girls, dancing with the admirers while trying to keep my butt from getting too many thumbprint bruises on it, and just generally socializing.

Marcie4you
03-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Here in Indy, it's Talbotts and English Ivy for dinner....

Joanie B
03-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Welcome to Chicago! Almost any bar on north Halsted will do, but my fave is "Spin". Look for their Tranny-Palooza nights!

Hi,
I used to go to Hunters in Elk Grove Village, until they changed their ID policy. Now if your pic on the ID does not match your presentation, they will not admit you, even if they have let you in before. There was a protest last year to try to publicize this, but so far no change by them.

Joanie B.

Cassandra Lynn
03-13-2010, 09:09 PM
The Balcony and Club Sin are the only 2 that i know of for sure here in Boise. I've been in both ala drab, and there are usually several Tgirls around. Both clubs are downtown. :) mj :)

paulap
03-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Starr,

Thanks for the tips on the Ohio locations. I will have to try them. Slowwwwwly!

Paula

DonnaWanna
03-14-2010, 08:16 AM
The closest one to me is Backstreet in Memphis. I have been there several times with my wife donnasweetheart and we were very pleased. I was comfortable and didn't think twice about being en fem.
We have made plans to go back several times but life always gets in the way,, lol

Mary Lou
03-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Alan Golds Chattanooga, Tenn. Very T friendly. Just A great place to hang out.

Deidra Cowen
03-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Right now in Atlanta your best bet is Le Buzz out in Marietta. Its not a huge hangout but I always see at least 2 or 3 Tgirls there. Paris a club in Decatur is mainly a lesbian bar but you will see a few Tgirls there also most weekends, Paris seems to draw Full Time girls more than CDs.

We have had some super hangouts but they generally close after a while. Backstreets which was super famous for Tgirls is closed, Stagedoor where in the day you'd see sometimes 30 Tgirls on a weekend is closed and the super trendy Wet Bar folded.

The biggest hit was the monthly theme party called Twinkledome coming to an end. That was a freaking hoot!!! Phoebe here from the forum was the girl that discovered that party for us.

StarrOfDelite
03-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Starr,

Thanks for the tips on the Ohio locations. I will have to try them. Slowwwwwly!

Paula

You're most welcome, paula. I remembered the name of the bar in Akron, it is Lydia's, and it is a little south of the I-76, and iirc a little east of the I-77. There is also a relatively new gay bar in Youngstown called Utopia, which I've heard has drag shows and is friendly to TG's, but can't swear to that. I recently moved from northeast Ohio to New York City, so most of my information is relatively, but not absolutely, current. Last time I went to the Skunk was in the fall, and I haven't been to Lydia's since late 2008 or early 2009.

Almost all of these places have websites where you can find specific information about when Lady's nights are, when drag shows are, et cetera, and if they don't have a calendar they have phone numbers listed.

There is a Ramada or something similar near Lydia's, and there is an old Holiday Inn now some local name, almost next door to the Funky Skunk, and a lot of girls rent rooms to get dressed and to sleep it off if they have one glass of wine too many. Lydia's has a website with a message board on Yahoo iirc.

sonja
03-30-2010, 11:08 AM
there a new club here in tampa me an the wife go everyweek now we love great drag show dancing pool cheap drinks just a great place
http://www.manilows.com/ come out sat we will be there dance our heals off :)

Fab Karen
03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
TG-focused: Syren ( see the events section ) which is getting back to once-a-month ( renting a club on a Sat. isn't cheap )
Alternative mixed crowd: Miss Kitty's ( google Miss Kitty's Parlour )

ashleycd4u
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
The Rainbow bar in Tampa. It's a lesbian bar,but open to all. As the owner told me,"if anyone doesn't like a CDer in here they can go find another place " I told here how much I appreciated that,and I made sure to conduct myself as a a lady.

Where is the rainbow bar located?

SexiBobbi
04-06-2010, 02:36 PM
In Houston there are two bars that I have been to. TC's is small but always has CD's and usually several TV's. They have a drag show after 11 buit but is lame. It draws the 30 something and up crowd.
JR's is the other one. It is a gay bar with go-go guys dancing. But it also draws the CD's and TV's. It draws the college crowd.
Both bars are in an area known as Montrose. Almost any bar in the area is gay and likely CD friendly. The part I like is all the bars are walking distance from one another.

t-girlxsophie
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Here in Scotland I must say my favourite Bar is in Edinburgh,called Habanas,usually go in with my friend who's local it is,a warm welcome awaits anyone who goes there.

Also quite funny too,as there is a Theatre situated next door,where after shows,the first thing the patrons do is pop next door for a quiet Drink,only to make the quickest about turn Imaginable when they see that its a Gay Bar:heehee: Also for a nice meal the Blue Moon is Lovely,friendly Place with great food and nice ambience.

But Locally I recommend The Polo Lounge and next door,Delmonicas,they are my favourite Bars in Glasgow

georgia_937
04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
West Central Ohio HAS to be the redneck capital of the world! Having come up here from the Dayton area, I would be interested if anyone has any info on this area. Wish I could reciprocate but it's been 10 years or so and I'm sure everything in the Dayton/Cincy area has changed by now.:battingeyelashes:

Lee51964
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
the darklady in Providence fantastic place to go and be a gurl

BunnieCashmere
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Oh really?! I've never heard of it, but now I want to go!