PDA

View Full Version : if you was

lori m crawford
03-11-2010, 08:50 PM
if you was to go 24-7 what typ of job wood you look for an for thoes that have what did you git not tran at work starting new one an how is going:)

t-girlxsophie
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Although not 24/7 I worked in Fashion shop,that a cpl of friends were trying to get off the ground a few years back,The intention was to start a place of business that would be part boutique/part TG club,It didn't work out but the three or four months I spent working in there for a few days a week were an awesome experience,even down to fetching tea,and going for lunch.Never had any problems either from customers,once the saw the girl serving them,wasnt as she seemed lol

Even though it didn't last it was nice to be a "Shopgirl" if only for a while:daydreaming: Still work in a shop,aint quite as glam working Drab on nightshift in ASDA(uk branch of wal-mart)YEAH I KNOW:sad:.
But always the Clothing Dept to visit,And dreaming of what could have been

Veronica Nowakowski
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm considering it and I'd keep my nice office job dealing with the public. I mean, it would be nice if I got queen or something like that; but I'd feel bad after awhile and ruin it for myself. Damn this conscience!

RADER
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Interior design or Architecture, with 40 years in construction, being inside would be nice. That is a job that sex has no boundry's. O'Well, you asked.
Rader:daydreaming:

jenifer m.
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
i think i would like to work in the ladies dept.in a high end dept. store.or the shoe section.

ArleneRaquel
03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Just be da mature woman of da house.. :battingeyelashes:

Teri Jean
03-11-2010, 11:16 PM
So here we are stereo-typing women, what is wrong is this picture. Last night I watched a program on the health channel about two individuals who transitioned and the trials that they and many deal with. The point is the transfemale is a tile worker, before and after her transition. For myself I work at a University as a building repairworker and this morning I was doing concrete work. I am transitioning and live 24-7. Yes it would be nice to have an office setting as it would allow more feminine attire such as skirts and dresses but that is all.

I know I am ranting here but the idea of saying one job is better or more desirable than others for women makes me a little irrate as women can do anything any man and do. So the job/career I want is the one I have. It may mean sweaty clothes in the summer and winter survival in the winter (Minnesota) with cracked or broken nails on a regular basis.

JMHO Teri

Bailey_in_Mansfield
03-12-2010, 07:46 AM
So here we are stereo-typing women, what is wrong is this picture. Last night I watched a program on the health channel about two individuals who transitioned and the trials that they and many deal with. The point is the transfemale is a tile worker, before and after her transition. For myself I work at a University as a building repairworker and this morning I was doing concrete work. I am transitioning and live 24-7. Yes it would be nice to have an office setting as it would allow more feminine attire such as skirts and dresses but that is all.

I know I am ranting here but the idea of saying one job is better or more desirable than others for women makes me a little irrate as women can do anything any man and do. So the job/career I want is the one I have. It may mean sweaty clothes in the summer and winter survival in the winter (Minnesota) with cracked or broken nails on a regular basis.

JMHO Teri

"Can do" and "will get the job" are two very different things though.

If a woman applies for a physically demanding warehouse job at my company, she's likely to get stuck in the office instead. On the other hand if I apply for a receptionist position that I'm well qualified for and damn good at, I won't even get an interview. Why? I'm the wrong gender.

It's not stereotyping, not really. They're just recognizing the state of reality here.

Anyhow, to answer the question for myself, if I was to go 24/7 full fem, passing and all, I probably would have landed that cushy receptionist job instead of breaking my damn back out in this warehouse.

Carroll
03-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I would try an English teacher, but maybe still stay with what I am doing in retail

msniki48
03-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I often wonder, what i would do if I went 24/7.... I keep telling my wife to get a better job, so i can live the life i am accustom to....:heehee: But that isn't going to happen. at 58 i am in construction sales, and if i transitioned, i don't think i could perform in the same manner as i do now.[ this is a longer story] maybe if my company could let me work inside in quotes or tech dept...but, i would cut my income in half.... other than starting my own business... i really don't know what i would do. thus.....i am not 24/7.

ps: i love these threads...they really make you think:battingeyelashes:

tamarav
03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
It really just depends on your level of committment to dressing. If I read the original question correctly, the position I would look for, and got, is to work as a hairstylist/makeup artist.

It really is simple to determine how serious you are about your lifestyle change. Stay in the same secure money making job that you have cultivated over the years, or just jump headlong into something totally new and exciting, dressing the whole time.

If you plan on transitioning or wanting to dress 24/7, then you might want to look into the steps needed to find that new work. This isn't a wishing well, you have to do something...

Stephenie S
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
If a woman applies for a physically demanding warehouse job at my company, she's likely to get stuck in the office instead. On the other hand if I apply for a receptionist position that I'm well qualified for and damn good at, I won't even get an interview. Why? I'm the wrong gender.

It's not stereotyping, not really. They're just recognizing the state of reality here.

No dear, you ARE stereotyping. And the worst sort. The hidden sort. This sort of gender stereotyping is not only immoral, it's illegal. Does it happen? Yes it does. All the time, unfortunately. But it happens because people bring this sort of prejudice into the work place. Instead of logic, we get prejudice.

I see plenty of women in the warehouse at FedEx and UPS. Both are large companies that can't afford a lawsuit over gender tracking.

Let's not contribute to this sort of thinking at all. Women CAN do anything a man can do, sometimes a lot better. If a woman is physically capable, why not? I work in corrections. Believe you me, I see some pretty tough women.

EnglishRose
03-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm in IT (harks back to that recent "is it just me?" thread about IT people) and work from home. However of course I still have to put "face time" in occasionally. I've often thought about whether it was possible to go 24/7 or transition and stay with my job. There's no policy published as my company's relatively small. But I would definitely like to stay with it...