PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

Veronica 1
03-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I just found out that there is a GLBT conferance being put on by the local university and tomorrow is the last day. They are having a presentation on TG issues in the afternoon that I would dearly love to attend but I would need to take the afternoon off and I just cannot see myself telling the boss the truth, but I cannot lie about it as it is not in my nature to do so. The kicker is that my boss is a strong LDS (Mormon) and I do not know how he would react if I came out to him but he is also my friend and I would not want to hurt him. Most people at work know, or strongly suspect about me but he maintains his religious ignorance, sort of a safety cocoon I think.
Advice??

sherri52
03-11-2010, 10:47 PM
How sure are you that he doesn't know. Where most of your coworkers do know he may hav a notion and just hasn't brought it out. With as many people that do know, I would give him the benefit and trust that nothing would come from it and tell him.

jenifer m.
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
guess what veronica? im a mormon and i crossdress with the best of them.yeah i would go real easy with this guy most of us are a little funny about things like that.but if hes your friend just make up a story to get out of work that way he has nothing to say to you.i have to be real closeted at church as most mormons dont understand us in the transgender community very well................so even mormons crossdress too.teee heee.

Loni
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
could you just say there is something personal i must do, and need some time off?

NathalieX66
03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
and I just cannot see myself telling the boss the truth, but I cannot lie about it as it is not in my nature to do so.

Can't you just say that you need to take the day off to address a personal matter? No need to tell him exactly what it is. I would think that, even in Canada, you have a right to your personal privacy. You are not telling a lie....just not divulging in the details.

Veronica 1
03-11-2010, 11:39 PM
guess what veronica? im a mormon and i crossdress with the best of them.yeah i would go real easy with this guy most of us are a little funny about things like that.but if hes your friend just make up a story to get out of work that way he has nothing to say to you.i have to be real closeted at church as most mormons dont understand us in the transgender community very well................so even mormons crossdress too.teee heee.

I am a baptized member of the church too, just inactive for the past 40 years. :eek:

The personal reasons sounds the best but I just hope that he don't get nosy about it.

charlie
03-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Veronica, to keep your conscience clean and not be a problem to him, just say that the school is having a health related meeting that you would like to attend. No harm no foul.