PDA

View Full Version : A CD client asked me the other day.

Katesback
03-11-2010, 11:26 PM
The other day I was talking to a CD client. As ya might imagine we covered a ton of topics but then she asked a big question. She asked me whats it is like to be a girl.

Now this is that sort of question that could be worded for 1000 dreams people have. Whats it like to be a millionarre? Whats it like to have____?
You get the picture.

I have had this question before and so my answer is already there in my mind. "I told her it is life". She sat there and thought a second and asked me if there was anything special. I responded that yes there is but theres something special about being a man too I presume. Again she thought for a minute and said to me that she has always drempt about being a girl.

I sat back in my seat and told her that there was some exciting times durring early transiton but then life becomes normal. I went on to say that life as a girl is not dramatically different than life as a boy.

By this time she was a bit surprised and I told her that it is nice to be the person I always knew I was.........but aside from that life is not much different.

Perhpas this post might be of some insight for you the reader.

Kathi Lake
03-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Makes perfect sense!

At one point, I thought I was getting tired of dressing. I lost the "high" I used to get. Instead, all I felt was a sense of peace. Rightness. Normality. Life as me is just that - life - whether I get dressed from the pretty side of the closet or not.

Kathi

NathalieX66
03-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Makes perfect sense!

I agree.
I am a CD'er. I have a friend that has transitioned.
We are similar, except that I am happy with myself, and enjoy dressing in feminine clothing but I love my guy guy side, but in her case, she did not like her guy side.

Persephone
03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
I donno. I'm not full-time, but I'm at the point where the dressing, makeup, hair, and so on is pretty normal. But I still feel so much better being in Girl World.

It is about the friendships, the conversations, the woman-to-woman smiles, the open hugs, the daily "stuff" of being a woman. Somehow, having come from Boy World, that just never has gotten dull and boring for me yet.

Maybe it can become ordinary and just life, but it is different.

kellycan27
03-11-2010, 11:53 PM
My life has totally changed for the better. I am much happier,confident and out going. Every day seems like a new adventure, and there is nothing in my old life that even comes close to feeling the way I do now. :)

Kel

melissacd
03-12-2010, 12:30 AM
For me I find that when I am trying to present as a male I feel extremely unsettled. When I present in a more feminine form I feel more at peace, more right with the world. I suspect that much of that has to do with my desire not to always have to live up to some silly male measuring stick.

LeslieSD
03-12-2010, 03:20 AM
That's exactly right.

I have thought this to myself: If I can be changed to a girl (completely), how would it be like? After I thought about it, the answer is probably the same: the life is the same (after the initial excitement). Nothing would be special when going out dressed, shoping and do things as girl now (just like me going to a BestBuy now as a boy). Then dressing would no longer be fun any more.

The same thing the other way too: imagine all the sudden the world does not care about what people wear. Suppose wearing dress (or dress like cloth) is normal for men one day, then dressing is no longer exciting any more.

Of course things are different for those who are not much into dressing, but are more identify internally as a girl. So I am only speaking from my personal perspective. Everyone is different.

Starling
03-12-2010, 04:09 AM
...It is about the friendships, the conversations, the woman-to-woman smiles, the open hugs, the daily "stuff" of being a woman. Somehow, having come from Boy World, that just never has gotten dull and boring for me yet...

Yes, yes, that's what I want my life to be! The clothes and hair and makeup are a passport into the world of women. I didn't always feel that way, but I wised up.

:daydreaming: Lallie

Starling
03-12-2010, 04:18 AM
...there is nothing in my old life that even comes close to feeling the way I do now. :)

Living the wrong life is living only half a life.

:straightface: Lallie

sissystephanie
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't feel as though I am living the wrong life no matter what I wear! I was born a man and remain a man today. But I do like to wear feminine clothing! As I just said, I don't feel like that changes my life. It is something that I have been doing for most of 70 years, and I don't think it is going to change anytime soon!

A number of you girls seem to feel that you are in the wrong life when you wear drab. Maybe you are, especially if you are truly a TG or a TS. As for my self, I am a Crossdresser and nothing more. I have no desire to be a woman, just to dress sometimes like one!

eileendover
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Makes perfect sense!

At one point, I thought I was getting tired of dressing. I lost the "high" I used to get. Instead, all I felt was a sense of peace. Rightness. Normality. Life as me is just that - life - whether I get dressed from the pretty side of the closet or not.

Kathi, I agree with you completely. I think if your personality already combines both sides of typical masculine/feminine behavior, the external appearance won't change things very much. But if you can swing a hammer only when looking guy-ish, and hug your friends only when looking girl-ish, you've limited yourself in either persona.