PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out to Family

skylance
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone, im brand new to the forum and this is my first post, i believe im posting in the right area so here goes.

Ive been into crossdressing for many years now, my Fianc'e knows about it, and not only supports its, but in a lot of ways encourages it. Only a very precious handful of my closest friends know about it, and now i think the time is getting right for me to let some of my family know.

My questions with regard to this are:
1.) What is a good way to bring the subject up?
2.) when i do finally tell, is it best to do it like a band-aid, and jsut get it over with, or should i ease into it?
3.) and if i ease into, what is the best way to do that?

I feel really nervous about the whoel situation and would rerally like some advice

Christina Horton
03-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure how YOU can tell them only you know them . But I think you should do some research and have all the info to answer there questions. As for the band aid thing.... When you sit them down then I think it best to just tell them your a CDer and why you do it and have them ask what they need to and make sure it does not overwhelm them. It's a lot to take in and they will need time for it to soak in.

sherri52
03-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Sky and welcome to the forum. As to telling your family Christine is right. You are the one who knows your family best. If you need help in telling them bring your GF with you. You are better off telling them yourself and piick the member that you think will take it the best. I'm the oldest of nine, they all know but I would kill anyone of them (in jest of course) if they told my father. My father taught Archie Bunker how to act and he was asleep during most of the lessons. So my father will never know. You are the one that knows your family. Can you tell them all?

skylance
03-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Hi Sky and welcome to the forum. As to telling your family Christine is right. You are the one who knows your family best. If you need help in telling them bring your GF with you. You are better off telling them yourself and piick the member that you think will take it the best. I'm the oldest of nine, they all know but I would kill anyone of them (in jest of course) if they told my father. My father taught Archie Bunker how to act and he was asleep during most of the lessons. So my father will never know. You are the one that knows your family. Can you tell them all?

About the only one i can really even remotely feel comfortable with telling is my mom. She has caught me in the past, but i think that for the most part, she wrote it off as curiosity or a phase. My brother and dad on the other hand are the two that i really dont think i would be able to tell them because they wouldnt understand, and may even try to disassociate themselves with me. Im still working on gathering up the courage to finally "Let the cat out of the bag" but hopefully soon.

Angie G
03-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Sky welcome to the family hun.If you well with family I'd just tell them what you into.If hot why tell.As long as your lady knows. Just something to think about girl.:hugs:
Angie

Bunny Girl Zoe
03-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Still trying get courage tell mother but like others have said only know your family best. Also welcome to family.

Joanne f
03-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Apart from your SO i am not sure that it is necessary to tell all that you cross dress but if you want others to know then i think it is easiest to just start wearing something a bit feminine and slowly build up to where you want to go with it as people can see what you are wearing so there is no need to say "hey i cross dress", if they want more information then they will ask .