PDA

View Full Version : Non-sexual Crushes

DonnaT
08-12-2005, 03:48 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/11/fashion/thursdaystyles/11CRUSH.html?pagewanted=print

Women have them for other women, Do CDs have them for other CDs?

arula
08-12-2005, 06:35 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/11/fashion/thursdaystyles/11CRUSH.html?pagewanted=print

:rolleyes: Ah, yea. I sure do!

Wendy me
08-12-2005, 06:41 PM
intresting i think we could in a non sexual way ... for shure to like someone without bumping ugglys ......

Toyah
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I definatly have platonic crushes on a few of you, any guesses who coz you would probably be wrong!

CharleneCD
08-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Donna thanks for sharing the article. Both Bunny and I found it very interesting. As to if I have girl crushes for othr Cd's, I say yes.

Priscilla1018
08-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes.

LouiseCassell
08-12-2005, 08:00 PM
I had a massive 'crush' on a cd once - in fact it was so good I had to go to the record shop and by her. MMM, if music be the food of love why can't I play the organ. :-(

Tedi
08-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Jeez, I've only been here for a short time, but I do have a bit of a crush on a few of the members.
Gosh.. did I say that.

Fallen Angel
08-12-2005, 08:07 PM
i would have to say yes as well there are a few here im very close to of in my own way. i would go as far as a platonic

carson
08-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Sure, I'll admit it. I've developed what I guess would be defined as a "crush" on one or two of you. It's a combination of enjoying what you hope is a blossoming friendship (online at least) an admiration for someone you think is "cool," and an appreciation for the physical attractiveness that you see and wish you could emulate. If that constitutes a crush, then I've got it! :)

Daphnie-Duck
08-12-2005, 10:51 PM
I would be flattered to find out someone had a crush on me. :love:

As for the article in the first post, I don't know if I would call it a crush or not, but I've always had an infatuation with Jareth, the Goblin King (portrayed by David Bowie) in Labyrinth. I would gladly be one of his henchgirls. :p

uknowhoo
08-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Interesting article Donna, Thanks.
Carson summed up my thoughts pretty well...
Put me down as an " I guess so."

Btw, Donna, how 'bout you?

Holly
08-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Crushes? Of course!

KewTnCurvy GG
08-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Non-sexual?

How is a crush non-sexual?

Just keep telling yourselves that:p

samanthajay
08-13-2005, 12:03 AM
yeah i admitt i have a crush on some in a almost non sexual way

Rachel Ann
08-13-2005, 12:07 AM
When you are just smitten with someone and want to be around them and be like them. Like when a 12yo has a crush on the pretty, popular 15yo.

Straight non-TG guys have them for other straight non-TG guys too, but they call it something else.

Rachael Warren
08-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, there are a few here that I would love to meet and go shopping with.

Does that constitute a non-sexual crush???

Love and kisses, Rachael. :)

Christina
08-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Defintiely. When you share such close, personal information with others, and they are interesting, crushes are inevitable

:love:

Christina

Rachel Ann
08-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I have crushes on a few here, but I'm not telling! :o :love:

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 12:17 AM
I define a crush per se as a love interest in it's infant stages. Am I gaga for anyone here? Uhm maybe one or two I suppose. That usually stops at the thought of sex though. ;)

samanthajay
08-13-2005, 12:25 AM
:D ;) yeah i know who. same persone i do

carson
08-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Non-sexual?

Just keep telling yourselves that:p

Kew! Stop it! They're not talking about our relationship... :eek:

mand
08-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Have I got a kinda "crush" ?..................Yes :)

love mand xxx

Rachel Ann
08-13-2005, 01:42 AM
Crushes are romantic. Lust is sexual. And NOT ONE of my crushes has a clue ;)

Stephanie Mancini
08-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Do i Have a crush on a few of you girls ? hell yes big time, but i'll get over it, would love to go out with a few of you ladies though and enjoy your company

Steph

Wendy me
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
you know before i started here the thought of being close freinds with a cd was like hold on now we an't a gona play that game ....but there are afew "girls" here that are most def. my girlfreinds and for shure a bond that i never thought possable with a nouther cd....

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Have I got a kinda "crush" ?..................Yes :)

love mand xxx
Shhhh :shh:

Toyah
08-13-2005, 08:24 AM
I define a crush per se as a love interest in it's infant stages. Am I gaga for anyone here? Uhm maybe one or two I suppose. That usually stops at the thought of sex though. ;)

Hey less of the smutty talk it was nice and non squishy, then you mentioned the s** word. Take one smack on wrist and a slap on your thighs:eek: :bonk:

Holly
08-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Okay, expanding on Donna's question just a bit, do you think a CD can have a crush (non-sexual) on a GG? I would say :thumbsup: .

SilkenPrincess
08-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Uhm, yes! Love, even the non-sexual kind, is one of the nicer parts of life. It makes the other parts of life bearable. Don't leave home without it!

Love,
SilkenPrincess

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Definition-
A crush is a short-lived and unrequited love or infatuation, prevalent among teenagers. A crush also refers to the object of this infatuation.

Nothing about sex in there.

Wendy me
08-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Okay, expanding on Donna's question just a bit, do you think a CD can have a crush (non-sexual) on a GG? I would say :thumbsup: .

i think so sometimes we can just be close freinds to a gg without going any more than freinds....

kathy gg
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
wow donna thanks so much for that article. You always find the cooles things!

Umm, actually I had never before heard the phrase 'girl crush'. Wow I must be out of the loop! ack!

But that said, now that I know what it means and stuff, I can say with complete certinity that I have probably had alot of 'girl crushes'. Somehow my entire life all my best female friends are usually some of the most beautiful girls either in school or just generally. Being around all that beauty and aprpeaciating it and just also knowing them as friends (and their faults and failings) probably constitiutes as girl crushes. I think most women would associate a 'crush' with a sexual desire. But just wanting to be around a person, liking their presence, their style, just who they are and wanting to be a part of it I suppose does constitute as a 'crush'. non-sexual one. I am kind of glad to know that having those feelings for another female has some sort of "sub catagory' on the scale of one's sexual preference.

I have joked to a few of my friends that sometimes I feel like being married to a crossdresser is just "hetrosexual' stealth.

hugs
kathy in canada

Amelie
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM

I have had a crush on a GG. I would go everywhere with this girl, we were unseperable. We loved each other, we would do anything for each other, we were like twins.

mand
08-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Shhhh :shh:

ooops......................nearly let slip ;)

Been thinking about this one, and do I have a "sexual crush"

Well let me just put forward a setting that I would like to be in with my victim.....................oh sorry. I meant the recipent of my affection.

My ideal setting would be in a nice little country cottage, in the heart of the countryside in the depths of a Winter blizzard, miles from the nearest neighbour. Inside the secluded cottage there would be a lovely warm log fire burning, whilst myself and my "crush" would be underneath a snuggly blanket on the sofa, maybe watching a nice easy film............"The African Queen", springs to mind. We would also have lots of lovely food and drink at hand.
So with the harshness of the world safely shut out would this develop into a sexual crush????....................I'd be supprised if it didn't :)

love mand xxx :)

crispy
08-13-2005, 10:57 PM
ever tried to have a crush on a shark ? I wouldn't recommend it. < :D >

seriously, I do feel a strong attraction to several regular members but haven't yet fantasised about consummating it with any of you. so you're all safe ....... for the moment at least. ;)

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 11:02 PM
What about Akyra? :p

Rachel Ann
08-13-2005, 11:27 PM
All the definitions of "crush" I looked at seemed to have the following in common: "infatuation", "temporary" and "adolescent" or "puppy love".

Obviously, we grownups have crushes too! I guess that whether it's sexual depends on how sexual the one with the crush is feeling at the time. Lots of my crushes are just romantic. At least when we're adults we can enjoy them for what they are, knowing that they will pass. :love:

If it's neither romantic nor sexual, I sometimes just say "is ga-ga over" someone, as in putting them on a pedestal.

crispy
08-13-2005, 11:39 PM
What about Akyra? :p
if I fantasise about a fantasy does it count?

anyway i liked her better when she was skinny and cute.

Akyra
08-14-2005, 01:28 AM
if I fantasise about a fantasy does it count?

anyway i liked her better when she was skinny and cute.
i wuz jus tinking the same bout you ginny babe :rolleyes:

ChristineRenee
08-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Sometimes you just connect with certain people. Your personalities interact well or you find that you have similar interests or backgrounds perhaps. It has happened to me with both GG's and CD's here on this forum. It's mostly about friendship but sometimes it transends that even. Real and honest feelings and emotions are often difficult to deny or hold back...and I'm not sure that I want to when it comes down to letting people who mean so very much to me in my life know how I truly feel about them.:love:

melody
08-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I always fall in love with people because of their clothes, their style, their cute mannerisms, something about them that I want to associate with myself. Everyday I'll fall in love over and over again, and 99% of the time it's completely non-sexual, heh, that's screwed up eh?

eleventhdr
08-14-2005, 10:28 AM
I think this just might be another reason that i miss because they are allowed to show real affection to one another without it being something weird. They can just really enjoy being just friends and sharing ever little secret males are not allowed to do this. Oh how I do miss that. Suzy!.

Natalie
08-14-2005, 12:31 PM
My crush is on CharleneCD...

My word she is lovely...

Non Sexual...She is just who I want to be if I grow up.... :p

petticoat07
08-14-2005, 02:37 PM
well I always thought I was as Str8 as a die, but having gone extensively thru the members listings I have to say some of you are just downright gorgeous, I would love to know if anyone had one on me.
Cathy (petticoat07)

SilkenPrincess
08-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Well let me just put forward a setting that I would like to be in with my victim.....................oh sorry. I meant the recipent of my affection.

My ideal setting would be in a nice little country cottage, in the heart of the countryside in the depths of a Winter blizzard, miles from the nearest neighbour. Inside the secluded cottage there would be a lovely warm log fire burning, whilst myself and my "crush" would be underneath a snuggly blanket on the sofa, maybe watching a nice easy film............"The African Queen", springs to mind. We would also have lots of lovely food and drink at hand.
So with the harshness of the world safely shut out would this develop into a sexual crush????....................I'd be supprised if it didn't :)

Oooo! Nice! Where do I sign up for a chance?

Love,
SilkenPrincess

Amelie
08-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I had a crush on a CD here,,,Julie from London. I thought she was quite nice,, until she became a mod and joined the establishment. lol

Julie, Please don't delete my post, I was only joking,,well I was joking about the establishment part.

StephanieCD
08-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Yea, I do, too. I actually have said it to my GF before I have such a stupid silly girlie crush on so and so and so and so... and so and so now that I think about it ;)

No harm in it - I think our whole thing is encouraging each other to pretend to be women and many of us find women attractive. Stands to reason a few of us would get giddy about each other now and again.

So, yea, I like's couple few of y'all ;) Damn, now I've said it!

Rachel Ann
08-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Oh hell, I said I wasn't going to name anybody mainly 'cause the crush is often made very uncomfortable by being the object of someone's infatuation.

But I'm old enough not to get my feelings hurt or lose my reason over something like this, Amelie :love:

Rachel xxx

(5 minutes later) oops now I probably hurt the feelings of the crushes I didn't name. :o I'll PM you individually, eventually.

I am excessively romantic, and I get infatuated and even fall in love at the drop of a hat. :p However some of my crushes last a lot longer than others. As the lady said, "[Girl crushes are] better than boy crushes. You don't have to break up with them after two weeks." ;)

Sharon
08-15-2005, 06:57 AM
(5 minutes later) oops now I probably hurt the feelings of the crushes I didn't name. :o I'll PM you individually, eventually.

Watching the PM box..., waiting..., waiting....

still waiting.....

JoannaDees
08-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh hell, I said I wasn't going to name anybody mainly 'cause the crush is often made very uncomfortable by being the object of someone's infatuation.

But I'm old enough not to get my feelings hurt or lose my reason over something like this, Amelie :love:

Rachel xxx

Amelie is mine .... I will crrrrrrrrush you Rachel. ( think Kids In the Hall)

Jamie M
08-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I will crrrrrrrrush you Rachel. ( think Kids In the Hall)

Thank you Joanna, i had so forgotten what they were called . It hasn't been shown on tele over this side of the pond for years. Time for a comeback me thinks

"I crush your head "-"I squish your face" , love it :D

Ophelia D'Void
08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow, I guess Amelie has alot of admirers on here. Ya, I'll have to admit I'm one too.

What can I say? Sure she's wears a dress and is into boys, but she's one of the ballsiest people I've met, and could probably make a district attorney cry if then got into a debate.

You go girl. Even if I were as straight as an arrow, never touched a dress, made more money that Michael Jackson, blah blah blah I'd STILL look up to Amelie.

Rachel Ann
08-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Amelie is mine .... I will crrrrrrrrush you Rachel. ( think Kids In the Hall)
(nails out) we'll just see about that!

Sweetasapeach
08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
I could not believe how easy it was to get a crush on some of the ladies on this site. But then again some of you ladies are very elegant and some of you have some very beautiful minds and you can't help admiring that.

There is more to that line of thinking. Suffice it to say that being able to express the femme side so openly has created tremendous amount of self revelation. It is more than just the wearing womens clothes. It goes deeper, the ability to feel emotions that we have been told are reserved for the female Gender.

Sweetasapeach

NatalieBliss
08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Using this definition from the article:

It refers to that fervent infatuation that one heterosexual woman develops for another woman who may seem impossibly sophisticated, gifted, beautiful or accomplished.

then yes, most definatly I have the beginings of "girl crushes" here

samanthajay
08-18-2005, 12:40 AM
ooops......................nearly let slip ;)

Been thinking about this one, and do I have a "sexual crush"

oh god tempting :drool: