PDA

View Full Version : The Great crossdresser war of 2525.lmao

Pepper2783
03-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Ok,and GOD kows how many times its been talked about.

But ladys please...
Why is it some of you treat crossdressing or transvestism as a sickness?
There is no known cure for it. You just have to deal with it. Or some how you make your self stop,and lern to controll it. And some people say, Well I have been TRYING to make myself stop. But I go off the wagen. And that is such a huge thing to say. You are not an alcoholic, this is not a diseases. Yoouu are diffrent not the same as others. In some ways better. You can be a man and a woman.

And do you think a pill or any thing could genetically chang some one? Or fix you? And who amung you would take it. Say it... I would not judge thats you'r life not mine.BUT... I am a transvestite I don't need to hide. I need no cure. I never want to stop feeling like a hot,sexy woman. My life is not the best and I wish some thing were diffrent. But not who and what I am.

And I know some of us are in the closet. Some of us are out. Some of us are half in and out. It's hard and its not easy but thats life ladys.So lets think of are self as a race of people. Not as a bunch of sick or diseased people. We can love ower self and each other and all or some of the people around us. So please ladys.

Stop balling and complaining fix up that eyeling and mascara and act like a man who loves to be a woman!

Colleen03
03-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Bravo!!! Well said ;) I agree 110% with all of what you said, but having an uaccepting wife throws a wrench into the lady in the shadows unfortunately. I consider myself closeted for that and other reasons.

Loni
03-13-2010, 02:16 AM
if cross dressing is a sickness then i want to get sicker :eek::heehee:.

alas some people out there will never even try to think it is anything other then a perversion. sad such live amongst us.

but i say put on a skirt a cute blouse, some heels, and go watch a sun rise. :daydreaming:

loni

Phyliss
03-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Stop balling and complaining fix up that eyeling and mascara and act like a man who loves to be a woman!

Love that last line.

With your permission, I'm gonna paraphrase it and use it as part of my signature.

Stop whinning like a girl, grow up be a man, fix your makeup put on your heels and skirt, get outside and be a lady.

msniki48
03-13-2010, 03:48 AM
Megan, what you say is so true.

We are who we are, and thats all we are.

i will strive to be the best lady i can be!:battingeyelashes:

scientists and psychologists are still trying to sort out how to label us...

i think the perfect label is "Wo-men"

thats as close to lady as i can get at 3:47 in the morning!:heehee:

:hugs:

thank you for your thoughts:love:

ReineD
03-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Do the CDs who purge or who stay closeted do so because they feel that it is a sickness?

Sarah_GG
03-13-2010, 06:06 AM

Well said! Personally I think a lot more GG SOs would be generally more accepting if 1) they knew about it from the beginning 2) it was presented to them in a matter of fact way "this is what I do" 3) it was done openly with some pride and 4) it came with a 'deal with it' attitude!

Of course, that's easy to say, easier for today's youngsters and not so easy for the pre-internet generations!

Ashley Allen
03-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Thank you Megan for the post that started this topic, I know it's a common topic, but this is exactly what I needed this morning.

Thank You Sarah for wrapping up the topic for me this morning with the 4 step attitude plan.

Today i will chose to be happy... I will force a smile on my face if I have to.... and I will hold my head up hi.

My confidence has never been as high as it is when I go out for an evening to hang out with other T-girls, all dressed up and turning heads.

It helps that as a race of transgenders we tend to be more accepting of others, that's true beauty... stay beautiful.

Ashley

Di
03-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Well said! Personally I think a lot more GG SOs would be generally more accepting if 1) they knew about it from the beginning 2) it was presented to them in a matter of fact way "this is what I do" 3) it was done openly with some pride and 4) it came with a 'deal with it' attitude!

Of course, that's easy to say, easier for today's youngsters and not so easy for the pre-internet generations!

TOTALLY AGREE Sarah:D....And I think with the generation now there should not be any of this not telling and starting out on the wrong foot....with the hiding and secrets. There is nothing to be ashamed about ladies . It is part of who you are and a blessing.:love:

sherri52
03-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Your so right Megan. While we are at it we should get together and tell the world. Let them know that we are part of society and much larger in number than anyone can imagine and deserve thier respect as individuals.

Veronica Nowakowski
03-13-2010, 07:31 AM
I agree 100% with our first post. Not 110%, because that's not possible. It may not be "normal," but it's not a disease. No one gets hurt by it (though some may get hurt by their own biases and ignorance to which this can be a catalyst). Let your SO know early on.

Shelly Preston
03-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Do the CDs who purge or who stay closeted do so because they feel that it is a sickness?

I am sure some do but I would suggest the vast majority purge or stay closeted for other reasons

Purging is most likely for felling some sort of guilt or being caught

Closeted is mostly because a lot don't want to leave themselves open to ridicule or worse. Also not everyone is ready to go out

Angie G
03-13-2010, 08:42 AM
You said it girl. I've never thought of dressing as being sick. I love being Angie and my life is just fine just being me.:hugs:
Angie

dawnmarrie1961
03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm compelled to respond to this thread. However, I can only speak for myself. And not make some kind of blanket statement in an effort to encompass everyone else.
For me this started as a behavior which was used for it's soothing qualities as a way of emotionally and mentally dealing with circumstances of life that I did not understand because I was to young and did not have the appropriate tools at the time. Because I kept my behavior secret and did not tell anyone about it. There was no corrective behavioral measures taken. The behavior just became part of who I am. I was to young to know the ramifications of the choices I was making.
As I grew older and realized that this type of behavior was going to cause me problems. I attempted to stop it. And for a time I was successful. Of course, I admit, I had the occasional relapse. Because, once again, I never sought out help in dealing with it, the behavior never was corrected. Just suppressed. I was stubborn and naive , thinking I could deal with it myself, to realize the results of the choice I was making.
As with any thing that is suppressed. It can come back with a vengeance at a time when you are your most vulnerable. For me it was a triple whammy of life's trials and tribulations that prompted the reemergence of the behavior. Once again I refused, because of arrogance and pride, to seek out professional help. My choice again.
I used the soothing qualities of the behavior as a way of getting through the emotion stress and depression that I was encountering. And it seemed to work. But there was a cost. There always is. And at the time it was a cost that I was willing to pay in order to stay alive. To keep from taking my own life.
So intertwined did I allow this behavior to become that it quickly over came me. No longer was it content with existing in the secret dark. It wanted acceptance and light.
Disregarding how it would effect my family. No conversations were had about boundaries that I wouldn't cross. I jumped into the light. Both feet first. And I payed the price for it.
I wrote the check myself. And cashed it. My choice. I was a selfish person. Only wanting what I wanted.
Now here I am. Years later. The result of the choices that I've made. Am I happy now? I try to be.
I did finally seek the help I so desperately needed. But it is help aimed only on accepting who I am.
And it ain't easy sometimes. But that is the choice that I made.
Do I wish that I could go back and knowing what I know today make the right choices. Yes.
Because for me the price in getting here was more than anyone should have to pay.
And so I live. Day by day.

Take this as you will. Sometimes we hear only what we want to hear. (That was a blanket statement.)

Cassandra Lynn
03-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Megan, what you say is so true.

We are who we are, and thats all we are.

i will strive to be the best lady i can be!:battingeyelashes:

scientists and psychologists are still trying to sort out how to label us...

i think the perfect label is "Wo-men"

thats as close to lady as i can get at 3:47 in the morning!:heehee:

thank you for your thoughts:love:

Fem-male is also a good one, great thread megan! mj

Mitzi
03-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I've never considered my CDing as a sickness, nor felt guilty about the dressing itself. On the other hand, as much pleasure as it gives, I wish I weren't a CD.

Why? I truly love my life as a male who considers himself honest and open, which I believe I am, except for this side. If my wife were accepting, I could be open with her, but even so, it would remain a secret to others. This deception bothers me, but I don't have the will power to stop.

If CDers were considered just a different segment of the population with no social stigma attached, I'd be content to be CD. I believe this because as a young boy who was totally unaware of the stigma attached to CDing, I was inexorably drawn to the erotic pleasure of wearing my mother's high heels, and I didn't even know what erotic was:battingeyelashes:.

Mitzi

Dee2U
03-13-2010, 01:53 PM

I am deep in the closet and I dont in any way think it is a sickness. Fear of loss of love, the esteem of others, ridicule, career all factor in. In fact - I dont see myself at fault at all. Its just the way the world is and my middle age time of life.

An interesting side question is whether some are actually afraid of it being a "sin"....Dee

sissystephanie
03-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I am a Crossdresser, and don't feel at all sick because of dressing like that. I was born a man and still am one! I just happen to be one of those many men who like to wear soft, pretty feminine garments. My late wife knew and accepted me before we married. Both my children and my grandchildren know and don't care! I did stop once, for a 5 year period, and only started dressing again because my dear wife asked me to. Now a widower, I do it because I like to. I was, long ago, told by a therapist that I did NOT have a sickness!! I choose to believe that!!!:)

JulieK1980
03-13-2010, 02:56 PM
agree 100%!

Jenny Doolittle
03-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Bravo Bravo!!!

It is like....Hey, I am not broken, Just different.

Thanks for your comments Megan

AKAMichelle
03-13-2010, 07:54 PM

I think that said it all. I found GG's to be accepting of me when I presented a strong front of this is who I am. Then the GG's came to understand that it was a part of the total package. I think it is true that if you can't accept yourself then how can another else.

Ok,and GOD kows how many times its been talked about.

But ladys please...
Why is it some of you treat crossdressing or transvestism as a sickness?
There is no known cure for it. You just have to deal with it. Or some how you make your self stop,and lern to controll it. And some people say, Well I have been TRYING to make myself stop. But I go off the wagen. And that is such a huge thing to say. You are not an alcoholic, this is not a diseases. Yoouu are diffrent not the same as others. In some ways better. You can be a man and a woman.

And do you think a pill or any thing could genetically chang some one? Or fix you? And who amung you would take it. Say it... I would not judge thats you'r life not mine.BUT... I am a transvestite I don't need to hide. I need no cure. I never want to stop feeling like a hot,sexy woman. My life is not the best and I wish some thing were diffrent. But not who and what I am.

And I know some of us are in the closet. Some of us are out. Some of us are half in and out. It's hard and its not easy but thats life ladys.So lets think of are self as a race of people. Not as a bunch of sick or diseased people. We can love ower self and each other and all or some of the people around us. So please ladys.

I think quite a few CD'ers at first feel it is something terrible or maybe even a sickness. A compulsion like being an Alcoholic because they purge and rejoin the ranks of cd'ers a short time later. I think untill you accept yourself, you do end up viewing it as some type of sickness. It's wrong,

Cd'ing is very hard to understand at first. Cd'ers without websites like this growing up got a lot of crazy ideas and understanding about cd'ing. I know I did and I did feel like an Alcoholic at first.

Thank goodness I finally came to accept myself and deal with cd'ing better.

Michelle-Leigh
03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
For many years I kind of saw myself in my desire to dress and be girly as freakish. Peer pressure and the thought of an embarrassing probe from my parents kept me in the closet, though I always suspected that my mother knew and was considerate enough to keep it to herself. I kept it a deep secret away from all the girls with whom I had love affairs, and out of sheer terror utterly failed to tell my wife. I merely tried to control it, but occasionally weakened and gave in, wearing at least a gown or slip, sexy panties and hose (hers of course). I went berserk a couple of times and dressed up in a nurse's uniform dress with the white hose et al. By then I had long realized that the desire to cross-dress seemed to be hard-coded into my being, and that there was no way to stop it. A severe decline in my intimate relations in recent years caused a problem with my lusting after every pretty woman I saw, and it worried me. So I worked towards the goal of turning my desires from the women to their pretty clothes - and the trick worked. This in turn greatly intensified my desire to dress, to the point that began to spend all my weekend alone time (nights) dressed, and sleeping in that pretty black nightgown that I came to love. The plow was it the furrow, and the die was cast..... So here I sit, a near-complete T-girl in a little black dress, posting to all you lovely ladies on this forum....

And best of all, I got to skate a session dressed like this !
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu143/michelleleighb/SkatingInSheerFlouncyBlackSkirtSmal.jpg

Eva
03-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Bravo!!! Well said ;) I agree 110% with all of what you said, but having an uaccepting wife throws a wrench into the lady in the shadows unfortunately. I consider myself closeted for that and other reasons.

:cheer: Aquadrop, I can say nothing to add to your response. simply because you stated exactly what wanted to say.:cheer: I am glad to know there is someone else out there in the same boat as I that does not mind saying so. I do not mean that in a negitive sinse. I mean it only as the words read, so please please, don't take offence. :)

Pepper2783
03-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Ok ladys ! SEXY TIME! lol

First off I'm glade some of you get it.
This is not a I feel sorry for my self ,storty thread go some where els and tell it.
I wanna hear a story about you feeling happy about your self. And that what I got. And what I mean and WE SHOULD STOP call it anythin but CDing or...
TRANSVETISM as I like to call it. And I know why we think of it as a sickness,and as being alcoholic.

I want it to STOP. LOVE YOU"R SELF! Thats the message!

Pepper2783
03-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Dear, Dawnmarrie1961

I feel for you I have been there.I tried to kill my self. I think a lot of us have been there.But...Who did you kill hun? You tryed to stop ok. Whats that mean,I don't want to argue. But it seem like, you hate what you are.
Why do you use words like behavoir, and it.You wrote a lot but didn't say anything. Ok maybe it's private thats cool.

I don't want to make you uncool. But you still dress? You say you lost every thing because of you'r crossdressing? And you said that you use the behavior when you were vulnerable. About what or who? And in that case it wasn't the crossdressing that made things bad. It was bad befor.

Just crossdressing made you feel better. Whats rong with feel good?
Your saying you shouldn't feel good for any reason. Even when you are sad and need a pick me up?

You wrote what you did. Because you felt you need to talk about the negative consequences,right? Sound like you and this it's just me saying this no one els. You feel bad because of some reason. And you'r crossdressing made it wrost. That crossdressing caused you'r problems ?You were a crossdresser befor that.

All those people and those problems they were after that.You have been a crossdresser since you the day you were born. Maybe those people didn't really love you. Maybe it wasn't the crossdressing maybe it was some thing els.

Please love you'r self.

Frédérique
03-14-2010, 06:47 AM
BUT... I am a transvestite I don't need to hide. I need no cure. I never want to stop feeling like a hot,sexy woman. My life is not the best and I wish some thing were diffrent. But not who and what I am.

Same with me, except I do not wish to feel like a hot, sexy woman. BTW, thanks for saying you’re a transvestite – you RARELY hear that around here…:heehee:

What’s the question? Really, I'm fine. I have no problem with what I do – I know it’s not a disease. :battingeyelashes: I am in the closet, but I’m there by choice. I like it there. Everyone’s level of comfort is different, according to his or her own circumstances. If we think of ourselves as a “race” of people, you can expect racism to be knocking at the door any minute now, along with the Perversion Police and the moral crusaders – do you really want that kind of attention? :eek:

Pepper2783
03-16-2010, 03:32 AM
What’s the question? Really, I'm fine. I have no problem with what I do – I know it’s not a disease. :battingeyelashes: I am in the closet, but I’m there by choice. I like it there. Everyone’s level of comfort is different, according to his or her own circumstances. If we think of ourselves as a “race” of people, you can expect racism to be knocking at the door any minute now, along with the Perversion Police and the moral crusaders – do you really want that kind of attention? :eek:[/QUOTE]

1)I am not asking a question in the paragraph.

2) Some CD or transvestites do think that they are sick or have like a drug problem. But with womans close. I know that not every one in the closet thinks there sick or has a problem. Or sick'o like . I should have been way more clear about that. lol :heehee:

3) Again I should have been more clear about this. I don't mean that some one should or HAS to come out of there closet.I'm half in and out of mine. I like being in my closet to.BUT... That doesn't mean that if I or some one else wants to come out fully. They as well as you and me. Have the RIGHT to be treated AS PEOPLE !

"If we think of ourselves as a “race” of people, you can expect racism to be knocking at the door any minute now, along with the Perversion Police and the moral crusaders – do you really want kind of attention? "

YES, Now stop being drama queen. And stand up for you'r self.

Imogen_Mann
03-16-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm not ashamed of being me, I play the hand I was dealt... But I have to play with caution. I'm certainly not someone who's ever sought a cure (although my mother seemed to think that domestic violence and shame trips would cure me... WRONG !).

I can't say I' want a 'cure' even if I one was proffered... If it aint' broke... don't fix it.

If there was a magic pill to turn me 100% female... I'd lose my daughter and my friends, so I'd ignore that one too. I'm happy being myself, and closet depth is something I need to deal with, much like debt or car tax... When I get around to it !

noeleena
03-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi..

I still think & know that i have the best mix of being two. yet not one or the other
Being in the middle allows me to see my self with out having to be one or the other . & even tho i did not know the words as to what or who i was yet was still able to accept my self the way i was born .
The word accept is really about allowing your self to grow in to your self ,& for each one of us that is the key to life . how that relates to us is up to us to find out .
For me that is being androgynous ,
Oh dear, are we sick, no, of cause not its the way we are born & with whats inside of us , yea well some can act a part . & thats okay ,
most of us its really who we are , you know what im saying . so just live life & enjoy who you are, why hide away to me thats not life , no way ,
Be true to your self & be who you are , im not saying it ll be easy , it was not for us yet we have got to where we are out & living & thats the best part , to live ,

...noeleena...

IamSara
03-16-2010, 06:01 AM

I couldn't have said it better. I agree with all that was said. I also do not have an accepting wife but love being a CD and will continue to do it quietly.
Sarah :rose2:

minalost
03-16-2010, 09:37 AM

I'm in the closet (with the door open - the wife knows) because it's easier to get along with everyone else in my life that way. Plus, there are times when being a man is a good thing, and being "out" as a crossdresser would complicate things too much. But no, I don't think it's a sickness. A little weird maybe :tongueout, but not a sickness.

Cheyenne Skye
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Okay, I guess I'll have to be the dissenting opinion on this. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've been trying to get up the courage to make an appointment with a therapist.
I wonder if this thing we do (crossdresing) is some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder. We have some sort of anxiety over a situation and in order to release that anxiety, we go dress up. How are the rituals we go through that much different than somebody who has an ungrounded fear of their house burning down who develops an elaborate ritual for turning off and unplugging all their appliances before they leave. I wonder if I go to the therapist, would they possibly come to this conclusion in my case. And if they did, they would probably prescribe some anti-depressant to alleviate my anxiety. In which case, the urge to dress might go away. But would I really like it that way? I'm not sure.

Cassandra Lynn
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Anxiety disorder and OCD are 2 entirely different conditions, and you should google them so you can be better informed, especially if you plan to seek therapy. It never hurts to do some research to help with these thoughts.

Cheyenne Skye
03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Anxiety disorder and OCD are 2 entirely different conditions, and you should google them so you can be better informed, especially if you plan to seek therapy. It never hurts to do some research to help with these thoughts.

I beg to differ. I googled anxiety disorder as you suggested and the Wikipedia reference listed OCD as a type of anxiety disorder.

Pepper2783
03-17-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm glad that a lot of us have well (never thought I say this here but) balls.A lot of you chose some thing different. But not me and thankfully a lot of others too.

And well I think a lot of you just don't get but for those of us who do.
Well I don't need to say it. :)

Cassandra Lynn
03-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I beg to differ. I googled anxiety disorder as you suggested and the Wikipedia reference listed OCD as a type of anxiety disorder.

I stand corrected, guess i should do my own research! It just went against what i've learned in dealing with my own anxiety problems and being around others with this all to common issue. I've had my fair share of treatment for addiction and have commented about it in other posts. My take , after what i have been thru, is that our CDing is a totally different issue from addiction. mj

gemsay32
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I once got an email from someone about a gay guy, and she gave me this very long list of reasons why it was wrong. It amounted to her saying that gay's and girly men are the extinction of our species. Of course, she was a mormon. A lot of people who're uncomfortable with this kind of thing are religious in some way or they grew up in conservative communities and cannot understand it. That's what I think.

And for people who have had problems with cross-dressing, did you ever stop and think that your problem might not be CDing?

I found this interesting...
Transvestism 'no longer a disease' in Sweden:
http://www.thelocal.se/15728/20081117/

This too...
The Disparate Classification of Gender and Sexual Orientation in American Psychiatry:
http://www.priory.com/psych/disparat.htm

Cross-dressing is considered a disorder as it's grouped with gender identity disorder.

Wow look at this:

Bieber (1962) noted that "all psychoanalytic theories assume that homosexuality is psychopathologic" and referred to the "inherent psychological pain" of homosexuality (Stoller, et al., 1973, p.1210). As homosexuality was considered a maladaption to underlying oedipal conflict, it represented a symptom of assumed pain, even among those happy with their sexual orientation. Socarides (1962) stated that "heterosexual object choice is determined by two and a half billion years of human evolution," and linked same-sex practices to schizophrenia, paranoia, manic-depression, and borderline personality.

*shiver*

And...
Why feminists should be concerned with the impending revision of the DSM:
http://www.feministing.com/archives/015254.html

Blanchard also wants to retain (with minor tweaking) the "Transvestic Fetishism" diagnosis from the previous DSM Paraphilia section; the new diagnosis is to be called "Transvestic Disorder." Like it's predecessor, it applies to "heterosexual males" who experience "recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving cross-dressing." As Kelly Winters of GID Reform Advocates points out:

"Curiously, women and gay men are free to wear whatever clothing they chose without a label of mental illness. This criterion serves to enforce a stricter standard of conformity for straight males than women or gay men. Its dual standard not only reflects the social privilege of heterosexual males in American culture, but promotes it. One implication is that biological males who emulate women, with their lower social status, are presumed irrational and mentally disordered, while biological females who emulate males are not. A second implication stereotypically associates femininity and cross-dressing with male homosexuality and serves to punish straight males who transgress this stereotype."

So this means I have a mental disorder I guess since I've worn feminine clothing several times in my life for sexual release. What this is, it started a long long time ago because I remember having the impulses when I was in 2nd grade. I was watching a lady walk across on the parking lot in a silky dress. That wasn't the first time, but was I grew up I learned I have a fetish. I know that psychiatry says it's a mental disorder, but I think of it as a fetish. The fetish is for hte material itself. I don't have to wear it, I can just see it. Makes me roll my eyes whne people overcomplicate it.

I have a couple gay relatives so I kind of have some background. I think that these behaviours are ok until they get in the way of you having a life. So it can be a disorder, sometimes - if it prevents you from living.

Pepper2783
03-19-2010, 03:33 AM
I think CDing/transvestism is a genetic thing. Genetics is a hobby of mine. And genetic science has proven that being gay is a genetic thing... So why couldn't CDing.:thumbsup:

Satrana
03-19-2010, 06:18 AM

A big thumbs up.:thumbsup: That is exactly what needs to be done. The problem is that the shame and guilt runs so deep through our psyche that it is close to impossible to remove all traces of it. So even those CDs out of the closet tend to have a frail sense of confidence about presenting this to others.

Genetics is a hobby of mine. And genetic science has proven that being gay is a genetic thing...
Proven!!!!! Please!!!!!!!! Complete nonsense. There is only speculation and plenty of data that all but rules out a genetic cause such as identical twins, one gay and the other not. Please do not spread myths, we have enough wishful thinking as it is.

Jessy
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I do not consider it a sickness. But looking around me, I know the world is full of people who do not understand, and are filled with prejudices. Including my direct surroundings. I do not 'understand' it either, after all it's not a science we're talking about. I just mean I cannot explain other people why I am who I am, just like I cannot explain why I like pizza. But I know I'm gonna have to deal with those questions, and that's something I'm definitely not ready for.

That's my main reason for keeping it to myself (for now... never say never). All my life I've been a bit of an outsider, wishing nothing more than to be accepted for who I am.

Off the record, what does "SO" stand for...?

Cassandra Lynn
03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I think CDing/transvestism is a genetic thing. Genetics is a hobby of mine. And genetic science has proven that being gay is a genetic thing... So why couldn't CDing.:thumbsup:
I think to much is made genetics, it doesn't just mean the genes being passed from the parents, as i think is sometimes thought. I've been told by my GP in doing bloodwork-ups for my health issues, that my testosterone levels have always been on the low side. Not sure if that has all that much to do with me being a CD, and i have nothing to match it to from childhood so who knows. Genetics can simply mean anything that happened in early infancy and in the womb. It should also be mentioned that genetics is only part of the story and there alot of unknowns about why we are what we are. Just my opinion.

If anyone is interested in the DSM and trying to make important changes, we all can be involved and there is a petition that can be signed. I don't have the link but know where it can be found so PM me if your interested, and if anyone else knows how and where to link to it then by all means share. mj (Cassie)