PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Relationship to Dressing?

Meghan
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
I have noticed that every year, around mid March, the desire to dress goes WAY up for me. I find myself shopping for new shoes and outfits, and I dress as much as I can as often as I can.

Even now, as the evening is winding down, I find myself watching reruns of the Nanny just to see the next outfit Fran trots out...

Has anyone else noticed a seasonal component to dressing?

I know, for me, it's not related to spring fashion trends. To be sure, the fall/winter look is my favorite. Spring is my least favorite.

Maybe it's related to some childhood experience, but for whatever the reason, this time of year is my peak, in terms of expressing what's in me.

Please forgive me in advance if this topic has already been done...

Meghan

paulap
03-14-2010, 12:56 AM
I cannot wait for boot season and I hate when it ends!

RobynB
03-14-2010, 08:24 AM
It's just too hot to dress in south Texas in the summer.

msginaadoll
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
I tend to dress more in the winter, love boots, leather coats, etc. I dress least in the summer. I do have fluctuations in my mood- though not sure if seasonal affective disorder. Dressing is one way to help my mood during the winter. In the summer dressing can be tuffer- I hate my makeup melting. I also love to be out and about, at the beach, running, rollerblading, kayaking, bicycling, etc. That doesnt always give me as much chance to dress. I always wondered if I lived someplace with a great year round climate like SanDiego, or Honolulu if I would dress anywhere near as much. Id still be a cd but probably a part part part part time one.

Deidra Cowen
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
It's just too hot to dress in south Texas in the summer.

Same for Atlanta, I hate the summers here. Even at night with full coverage makeup and a wig on I can get hot especially if I go out. Some clubs have bad A/C and I have to be careful not to start sweating. Shopping during the afternoon, forget about it! I have started sweating just by going from my car to the mall when its ninety something degrees and the sun is beaming down. Once my makeup gets a bit mussed up from being hot I totally lose my confidence.

I luv the winter!!! Its mild down here anyway and i get to put on my fur coat...and wear boots. Plus I have some tricks like 3/4 sleeves and stuff like that to hide my big shoulders and beer gut. In the winter outfits are forgiving!!! :devil:

Lorna Stuart
03-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Although I dress all year I much prefer it in the colder months. Sweating with make up on is neither comfortable nor appealing

Prissy Linda
03-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I keep my toenails polished (usually red) from late Fall, althrough Winter and into early Spring. In Summer I wear sandals or flip flops so having polished toenails isn't such a good idea for everyday wear.

Heidi_slave
03-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Oh, I know just what you mean. Spring means the onset of Spring Fever; a condition of intense eroticism. I was that way as a youth, and it's still that way. I chalk it up to hormones.

Yup, spring is shopping season.

Heidi

AmberLynn
03-14-2010, 06:46 PM
im a fall and winter kind of girl :battingeyelashes: since my dressing is thus far at home it is usally warm enough for what ever trips my fancey. summer seem's to be fleeting for my dressing,untill now i thought it was only me :drink: I prefer or tend to dress more in the cold weather then in the hot of summer

Being Paige
03-14-2010, 08:38 PM
all year round, only in the summer I am in my back yard wearing my bikini around the pool.

Susieboots
03-15-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm very much an Autumn/Winter dresser and sometimes into spring as well, its mainly because my family is more around in the summer school holidays etc and I spend alot more time doing "manly things" in the summer. I do sometimes dip though, I've just come out of one of those periods at the end of last year where I've hardly dressed at all in the beginning of winter. A wasted chance really.

Susie xx

Michelle-Leigh
03-15-2010, 06:03 AM
I much prefer dressing in fall and winter, as I love the look and feel of hose but cannot stand to wear them in warm weather, and I love to wear my knee-high girl boots. I was surprised when, on my first outing in a dress on a cold day, how I was just as warm as I would have been in jeans and a shirt !

Cary
03-15-2010, 06:42 AM
I dress all year round. As stated above, summer is the hardest to dress because of the heat. I still dress,I just wear less. During the hotest days I might not dress at all, but the will to dress is still there. I love the Fall and Spring the best. In the Fall I can wear nice sweaters, boots, tights, etc. In the spring I can wear my colorful dresses and tops. What's not to love!

RhondaLynn
03-15-2010, 07:00 AM
I used to prefer the winter months. I like to wear a bra & full breastforms under a jacket in the winter. I also like the way wearing a skirt & hose feels in the cool night air - who would ever imagine that attire so airy and open could still be so warm. Brings back a memory from like 4th or 5th grade - a girl in my class said something about wearing pantyhose because it was so cold, and a boy hehind her said "How can those holey things keep your legs warm?"

But, this winter was too cold. The first time since the 80s, i think, where it was too cold for me to wear a skirt & hose on a night-time drive, even with the heater on. Absolutely frigid! I'm planning on enjoying this spring. In fact, i'm about to go walk my dog in this outfit now.

wearingtanpantyhose
03-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Winter for me because I can keep my legs shaved and wear pantyhose more comfortably.

jenifer m.
03-15-2010, 09:08 AM
nothings gonna slow down my dressing up not rain,nor sleet,nor even snow cuz when it comes to dressing its go go go...

Jessica2010
03-15-2010, 09:30 AM
I think fall (autumn) and spring are the best times for all of us to "dress to the nines".

In Ontario, the summer can be a bit hot, and the winter can be too cold, but there's always an excuse to dress up! Boots and sexy long coats in the winter and floaty skirts in the summer...

I always wear stockings, even in the summer months. There are some good brands of "cool, barely there" stockings especially designed for summer!

Jessica.

sherri52
03-15-2010, 09:37 AM
All year for me but like Prissy I don't paint my toe nails in the summer because I wear flip flops. I still wear fem jeans but the polish is off