PDA

View Full Version : Can tucking really cause permanent sterility?

The_Juggler
03-14-2010, 01:38 AM
I've read and heard that tucking one's genitals can cause temporary sterility and prolonged and repeated tucking can cause permanent damage.

Is this just some kind of ignorance? Or is this a very serious result of my fascination with this practice?

I actually don't really care if this will temporarily lower my sperm count, I don't think conception will be a problem just now.
But woman's clothing or not I'm a man and I really would like to have a family someday.

Is there any truth to this?

AliceJaneInNewcastle
03-14-2010, 03:53 AM
I've read and heard that tucking one's genitals can cause temporary sterility and prolonged and repeated tucking can cause permanent damage.

Is there any truth to this?
I've heard a few rumours, but I've never seen any valid evidence to support this claim. Tucking places the testicles at a higher than desirable temperature, as does tight underwear. Increased temperature causes a temporary drop in fertility as the sperm cannot live long at that temperature.

Once the testicles return to normal temperature, new sperm are generated and they will live for the normal period of time unless they are overheated or ejected.

I'd be quite interested if anyone has seen research to show otherwise.

gabimartini
03-14-2010, 04:40 AM
I've heard a few rumours, but I've never seen any valid evidence to support this claim. Tucking places the testicles at a higher than desirable temperature, as does tight underwear. Increased temperature causes a temporary drop in fertility as the sperm cannot live long at that temperature.

Once the testicles return to normal temperature, new sperm are generated and they will live for the normal period of time unless they are overheated or ejected.

I'd be quite interested if anyone has seen research to show otherwise.

From everything I've read so far, I second Jane's opinion.

Stephenie S
03-14-2010, 07:48 AM
No, tucking will not cause permanent sterility. As mentioned, higher temperatures lowers sperm count. There are SO many sperm, however, that this seems an insignificant worry. Unless you are actively trying to become a father and it's not working, sperm temp is not worth worrying about.

There is another issue, however, and that is the question of WHY? Whatever for? What is gained by subjecting yourself to this slightly medieval and definitely masochistic ritual. Perhaps some sexual tension arousal akin to bondage and discipline?

If your female presentation is gonna pass or fail on "tucking", then your female presentation is just not good enough. That's an area of the body that's just not up for public examination, and if you think you are gonna "pass" on the basis of your "tuck" then you are sadly disillusioned.

"Tucking", unless done for the sexual thrill of binding, is totally unnecessary. A well fitting pair of panties is all that you will need.

Stephie

Tina B.
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
No, tucking will not cause permanent sterility. As mentioned, higher temperatures lowers sperm count. There are SO many sperm, however, that this seems an insignificant worry. Unless you are actively trying to become a father and it's not working, sperm temp is not worth worrying about.

There is another issue, however, and that is the question of WHY? Whatever for? What is gained by subjecting yourself to this slightly medieval and definitely masochistic ritual. Perhaps some sexual tension arousal akin to bondage and discipline?

If your female presentation is gonna pass or fail on "tucking", then your female presentation is just not good enough. That's an area of the body that's just not up for public examination, and if you think you are gonna "pass" on the basis of your "tuck" then you are sadly disillusioned.

"Tucking", unless done for the sexual thrill of binding, is totally unnecessary. A well fitting pair of panties is all that you will need.

Stephie

Uh, I think what you are wearing on the outside might make a difference. I just got 3 pair of Capri's made from a soft light weight spandex type material, I don't think I have a pair of panties that would keep it all flat and smooth, but a quick tuck will.
Tina B.

TxKimberly
03-14-2010, 09:28 AM
God I hope so! I have three children, the last born a mere 9 months ago. And me being 44 years old . . .
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm all done with having babies . . .

Miranda09
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
If you're only tucking on occassion and not 24/7, there shouldn't be any long term effects. As with anything, just don't overdo it. :)

windycissy
03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Uh, I think what you are wearing on the outside might make a difference. I just got 3 pair of Capri's made from a soft light weight spandex type material, I don't think I have a pair of panties that would keep it all flat and smooth, but a quick tuck will.
Tina B.

All the more reason for wearing skirts and dresses:)

Sally24
03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I've heard those rumors about tight lycra underwear since the 70's. Always wore them and my last child in the 80's was created in one try. Don't think there's a whole lot of truth or consequences to these rumors.

Prissy Linda
03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
God I hope so! I have three children, the last born a mere 9 months ago. And me being 44 years old . . .

I bet you just glowed when you were pregnant, would love to see pictures of a prego Kimberly.

Genifer Teal
03-14-2010, 12:29 PM
If your female presentation is gonna pass or fail on "tucking", then your female presentation is just not good enough. That's an area of the body that's just not up for public examination, and if you think you are gonna "pass" on the basis of your "tuck" then you are sadly disillusioned. . . .A well fitting pair of panties is all that you will need.

Stephie

I have to disagree. I have seen more than a few girls - some in jeans, some in skirts - where there was an obvious lump you couldn't miss noticing. At that point I turn and look away. The rest of the presentation was irrelevant cause I didn't want to see anymore! :eek:

I am not suggesting taking any extreme measures but you might want to look in the mirror before walking out the door.

Gen

Rachel2000
03-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Not even an issue for me anymore. My kids are grown up and on their own plus I had a vasectomy 20 years ago. Saying that makes me feel old but I'm only 52 lol. But seriously, tucking never hampered my ability to father children.

Alice B
03-14-2010, 01:48 PM
At my age. Who cares.:heehee:

Persephone
03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Tina B.
:iagree::yt:
Definitely! People may differ in how they are built, so I guess it is possible that some view tucking as a "torture" of some kind, but it works comfortably for me and, since I workout en femme at a women's exercise center, I don't think having a bulge in that area would be O.K.

kimberly ann487
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
This post reminds me of the "tighty whitey vs boxers theory" when we were starting a family years ago. Both my sons were conceived after I switched to boxers from TW's. It was suggested by my wife's OB-GYN, lol. The temperature theory is fact, although temporary in effect.

Stephenie S
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't care if you tuck or not. It's your business, not mine.

I am just stating an obvious (well, I guess not obvious to everyone) fact. It is curious to me that the "tucking" brigade is almost completely filled with crossdressers. Transgendered girls rarely take the time or the discomfort. Perhaps because they tend to dress altogether more realistically. Take a few minutes the next time you are out. Aside from teenagers (and I fear that few of you are teenagers) and women on the prowl, most women just don't wear pants and skirts that are so tight as to display this area of the body. They are uncomfortable in the extreme. And a bit tarty, if you will. Not something most women are want to advertise.

I suspect that for those who dress for the sexual thrill of it all, the restraint aspect of "tucking" may add to the excitement. But similarly to the restraint of a corset, for everyday life, a tuck is superfluous.

Dressing like a teenager, or a working woman of the night, may be your desire, but that act alone will "out" you in a minute, tucked or not. If you dress at all realistically, with ANY degree of good taste, "tucking" is a ridiculous waste of time and comfort. And for goodness sake, what do you do in the "lady's"?

So "tuck" away, all. Whatever floats yer boat. But don't worry about your sperm count. I doubt that this is a issue. :love:

Stephie

Jilmac
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
I honestly think it's an old wives tale. I've never heard or read of permanent sterility caused by tucking. If that were the case, I think we'd see more guys opting for a tuck rather than a vasectomy :tongueout. At my age (I hit the big 6/5 on March 10th), I'm out of the baby business and have been for quite a number of years. I had a vasectomy after my son was born 29 years agobut if tucking caused sterility I could have tucked all those years, saved money on a medical procedure and enjoyed the pleasure of a feminine look.

Rachel2000
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I have to disagree. I have seen more than a few girls - some in jeans, some in skirts - where there was an obvious lump you couldn't miss noticing. At that point I turn and look away. The rest of the presentation was irrelevant cause I didn't want to see anymore! :eek:

I am not suggesting taking any extreme measures but you might want to look in the mirror before walking out the door.

Gen

Well put and I wholeheartedly agree with you.

SherriePall
03-14-2010, 06:26 PM
If it were true, I should have started tucking xx years ago. Maybe, I'd be a rich woman now (financially).

JulieK1980
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I highly doubt you could do permanent damage, but most certainly temporary infertility due to the warmer temperature of the testes when tucked.

Ruth
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I tend to agree with Stephenie. If you dress in a reasonably modest manner, tucking or not is not going to affect your presentation. And tucking is uncomfortable - so why bother?
I'm old enough not to care whether I'm very fertile, but I like my comfort when I'm dressed.

sherri52
03-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm 58 and have been dressing for 50 yrs and tucking for 30. I have 8 children with my youngest born in the late 90's. I think you could say there was no permanent damage.

TNRobin
03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm 58 and have been dressing for 50 yrs and tucking for 30. I have 8 children with my youngest born in the late 90's. I think you could say there was no permanent damage.

EIGHT KIDS?! How's your sanity?

But back to the topic at hand. I've heard that it would temporarily as your testies get a bit warmer up in there, but I'm 48 and don't want kids at this point in my life, so I haven't worried about it.

As for any kind of permanent damage, I can't see how it could cause that, but I'm not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination.

busker
03-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Temperature is a problem for sperm count but the real problem could be bacteria from the anus getting in to your urethral opening and thereby getting you one hell of an infection. Make certain that you are absolutely clean before tucking. Infections are really difficult to clear up and can take months.
Mandrake out of water

jenifer m.
03-14-2010, 10:28 PM
im with the other girls on it not being nessacery,the only times ive tucked was my club days in really short skirts,other than that why endure the pain?

The_Juggler
03-15-2010, 12:52 AM
I suspect that for those who dress for the sexual thrill of it all, the restraint aspect of "tucking" may add to the excitement. But similarly to the restraint of a corset, for everyday life, a tuck is superfluous

Thank you, I'm glad you understand this.
Thank you everyone for easing my concerns, the evidence of you folks having no problems is good news.

And indeed yes tucking is for the sake of doing it, not for the purpose of looking good in tight clothing. The feeling and idea of having ones privates tucked down and trapped by a tight silky girdle is exciting.

Thank you all very much :D

LisaMallon
03-15-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeh, depends on what you wear, 'in place' is fine for most things vs 'tucking' for (say) a very tight skirt or jean or shorts ..etc. And for those short times the effect would be meaningless.

Gosh here in Melbourne when we had 46C days last year the sperm count must have collapsed:battingeyelashes:

Gillian
03-15-2010, 03:12 AM
And indeed yes tucking is for the sake of doing it, not for the purpose of looking good in tight clothing. The feeling and idea of having ones privates tucked down and trapped by a tight silky girdle is exciting.

I find this very much the case with myself I love the feeling of things being tucked neatly away and the look in a pencil skirt is the result that makes it worthwhile even for short dress sessions for me.

Persephone
03-15-2010, 03:22 PM
O.K., maybe I'm a little confused here.

When talking about "tucking," are we talking about simply popping "the boys" into their little caverns and then folding the remaining parts down and under? Or are we talking about pushing everything inside and then firmly keeping everything it in there with tape?

The_Juggler
03-16-2010, 01:07 PM
When talking about "tucking," are we talking about simply popping "the boys" into their little caverns and then folding the remaining parts down and under? Or are we talking about pushing everything inside and then firmly keeping everything it in there with tape?

The first one, no tape involved.

Gillian
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
O.K., maybe I'm a little confused here.

I am talking putting the veg in the attic and the meat pulled tight under. I would never have thought of pushing the thing back inside in truth, so maybe I am mistakenly describing the activity?

Hmmmm,,,,, now you have me thinking,,,,,,,,, OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, stay there,,,,,,,,,,right, ow, ow ow!!! oh!?!?!?!?! Oh,,,,,,,kay then now that is painful and on me bulgy.

Right, I am still happy with my old method much flatter result all over!! :D

charlie
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I have been told that tucking tightly stretches the ipidimus (the cord that the testicle hangs from) and it can cause problems like enlargement and pain. The solution is to add a pouch in the lower part of your underwear that holds everything in place and gently tucks everything from sight. I've added these pouches to all of my feminine underwear. No more tape, pulled hair, inability to pee, or strange angles. I'm not even sticking myself with the pins anymore! Go for the pouch.

Sally24
03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Take a few minutes the next time you are out. Aside from teenagers (and I fear that few of you are teenagers) and women on the prowl, most women just don't wear pants and skirts that are so tight as to display this area of the body.
At the risk of going off topic a bit, I have to strongly disagree. Saying that wearing tight clothing is only done by teenagers and ****ty women is just so stereotypical. Just how many women do you see under the age of 40 wearing baggy jeans? The norm is for them to be pretty fitted, not necessarily skin tight. The same with a nice fitted pencil skirt. Try wearing that ensemble with anything front and center and it definitely won't look attractive. I try to dress classy and attractive and wouldn't think of disrespecting other women by looking anything but female.

Melinda G
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Don't know about the sterility issue, but it's damn sure uncomfortable. Then there's the issues of maybe cutting off circulation, or tangled cords. You can get the testicle cords twisted, which is a medical emergency, and extemely painful.
Read about it here. Be careful out there.

http://www.medicineonline.com/articles/t/2/Torsion-of-the-Spermatic-Cord/Testicular-Torsion.html

Niya W
03-16-2010, 10:19 PM

No it just means you are more likely to have a daughter

eluuzion
03-16-2010, 11:40 PM

It depends to a great degree on your definition of "tucking". (fly swatter vs sledge hammer).

There are many fragile components in that region. Inguinal ligament, spermatic cord. femoral vein

...."inguinal this~~femoral that"...there is a whole host of things that do not like to be stretched, pulled, squeezed, pinched, twisted and repositioned for any length of time.

It is no place to apply the "if it does not fit, force it" rule. If you pull too hard, over-stretch something, restrict or cut off circulation to some of these, yes, you can injury yourself,,,,er herself, lol. It is not like the internet, where you can do anything or be anybody you want, without suffering any consequences that you would face in the real world. :)

Look at a few plates in a medical reference textbook showing the femoral, lower abdominal region that displays arteries, muscles etc in the groin area.

It is just like using scissors. You can still use them with caution...just don't run with em'....lol

p.s. I am not a licensed physician, I just like to pretend I am one at home during playtime...

AmiFL
03-16-2010, 11:45 PM
It didn't hurt me..... I fathered 2 great boys, now 16 and 19 when I dressed alot and always tucked (sometimes for hours)

Niya W
03-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I hear dancing works too

UASIANGAL
03-17-2010, 05:22 AM

AH! I noticed the baby play pen in your recent photos!!!! Goes to show, crossdressing and tucking do not make one infertile!

Sarah_GG
03-17-2010, 06:48 AM
I've often worried that the ultimate price to pay for tucking is impotence? :straightface:

diannecourtney
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Love all the comments, but I find the gaff and and garter do the job w/o damage