PDA

View Full Version : Breast forms as air bags?

amy canada
03-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Considering that we use breast forms to pad our bras, will our forms protect us if we're ever in a car crash, like is it like an air bag?

And can breast forms stop a bullet? I thought I read something where breast implants saved a woman's life, but can breast forms do the same thing?

christina marie
03-14-2010, 10:35 AM
i can see this now. . . ballistic vests with multiple forms attached to protect vital organs. our police will all look like nursing dogs. . .

ShannonDragon
03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Considering that we use breast forms to pad our bras, will our forms protect us if we're ever in a car crash, like is it like an air bag?

And can breast forms stop a bullet? I thought I read something where breast implants saved a woman's life, but can breast forms do the same thing?

Uh....... NO! to the airbag thingy.

As for stopping bullets, considering that some can go through an engine block, a small amount of latex would be nooooo problem!

Veronica Nowakowski
03-14-2010, 10:45 AM
If you hit right on the breast form, of course it would act like an air bag, in part. You'd still probably be better off with the air bag. Can it stop a bullet? You can always take a gun to a breast form, but my understanding would be "no." It may possibly make it less damaging, but in that vital part of the body does it really make that much of a difference? If it's going really slowly you might make a difference.

Alexei
03-14-2010, 10:48 AM
The Mythbusters tested something similar, whether fat or muscle could stop a bullet from hitting vital organs. Using pig fat and pig muscle, they simulated a bullet hitting a morbidly obese person and a body builder with gigantic biceps. Neither was saved.

As far as airbags go, forms would technically add a small amount of padding, and if the impact force was low enough, they could prevent a light injury, but if the force was that low, it wouldn't be life threatening anyway.

aggi123
03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
lol good ole mythbusters! That show sees conversation everyday :)

Jamie48
03-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Using my breast forms as an airbag, I don't think they would afford much protection. As for stopping a bullet- good luck!

dawnmarrie1961
03-14-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't drive a car anymore. Or wear breast forms like I used to. I still have a pair them laying around somewhere. I wonder if they would make a good bicycle seat cushion?!!!

Cheryl T
03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I can see it now...
Car crash and my forms protect me from serious injury but the paramedics find me dead...drowned in silicone...:heehee:

Deidra Cowen
03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Don't know about breast forms but there was a lady that got shot and her breast implants saved her life!

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/breast-implants-save-womans-life-from-bullets_100326545.html