PDA

View Full Version : Question about Changing Rooms when wearing a swimsuit

amy canada
03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
... but what if you want to wear your bikini or swimsuit at a swimming pool or water park? Which change room do we use? Summer is coming, you know?

I've seen naked men in the men's change rooms, so I'm going to assume there's nudity in the women's change rooms too. I don't know if the rule still applies if we can use the correct room that we are presenting.

I would assume that we don't get naked at all and that we just change at home, but then our car seats would get wet, wouldn't they? Maybe change in a toilet stall?

RADER
03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
You can always bring an extra towel to sit on, I always did years ago,
when I would take a date down to Lake Michigan. It worked out ok.
Besides, this gives you more time in that Bikini.:heehee: Rader

Bailey_in_Mansfield
03-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Yep, I was going to recommend the extra towel thing too. Or, yes, a toilet stall would do fine as well.

Jennifer in CO
03-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Last place I 'dressed' to swim was in Glenwood Springs, CO. Since we were staying in the Hot Springs Hotel, our room was across the street from the pool so we just walked there. Still had to go thru the changing room to get to the pool, and since I was wearing a bikini bottomed tankini, I just wrapped a towel around my waist and went through the guys. Could'of gone through the ladies, but I was actually not presenting as a girl this trip. Just wife bought me a new bathing suit and if SHE thought I could wear it as a guy, then who am I to challange her?

Jenn

ReineD
03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I'd recommend against the private stall in the women's change room. Unless you are transitioned, sit on a towel in your car.

Unlike public restrooms, some women and children do remove their clothing in the public section of change rooms and there might be cause for concern if it is discovered there is a GM present. I know that your intentions are pure, but unfortunately we live in an unenlightened society when it comes to understanding about being TG. The ideal would be to have unisex changing rooms.

If you are adamant about using the women's facilities, I would contact the management first, state your case, and ask what the policies are. This is for your own protection.

Stephenie S
03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Some women's changing rooms are private, with individual stalls, and some are public, like men's dressing rooms. Unfortunately, it's difficult to tell in advance. You could claim modesty and ask, but to assume might be risky. Best change in your car or at home. Many, many, modest women do just that. You would not be alone.

Stephie

AllieSF
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Unless you are going to an indoor facility, then why not just sit out of the pool for a while reading a good book while your suit dries. Except for the cotton suits, most are made of quick drying materials. Otherwise, though I am a strong supporter of using the woman's restroom, I would follow Renee's advice regarding swimming pool changing rooms.

Tina P Hose
03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Change in the car, many years ago I dated a chick, who changed in the car on one occassion. We really had good sex that night as, I thought about her slipping into panties in my car. My actual was slipping into her panties....

AKAMichelle
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
This is one of those situations where you have to think from a woman's perspective. If you found out in a women's changing area, then you are in there territory. You could cause some young girl to suffer needlessly.

I understand what you doing, but the women in that dressing room won't. I suspect it will be a good way to find yourself talking to police and maybe outed in the newspaper after it is blown out of proportion.

Stay out and sit on that towel.

Sally24
03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I have to agree with the sit on a towel in the car. Or the alternative is to bring a blanket and change inside the car. I've changed entirely from male to female in a car on many occasions.

dawnmarrie1961
03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I can speak only for myself. No matter how closely resembling the female anatomy. I always use the Mens-Room. And while It may raise a few eyebrows and cause of few double takes I know it is the proper and correct place for me to be. I'm not afraid. I always carry my I.D. which tells everyone exactly who I am. But to be on the safe side I always put on my bathing suit at home. That's only common sense. Changing room or bath room. It's all the same to me. There are just some places that are off-limits.

Mirani
03-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I hope for respect from those I encounter - BUT I always GIVE respect too. I just wouldn't see it as respectful as a genetic male (even tho' I am 24/7) to 'invade' a GM exclusion zone.
However, in my view a transitioned MtF or FtM is entitled to use the changing facility of their acquired gender.

dawnmarrie1961
03-14-2010, 07:35 PM
.....is entitled to use the changing facility of their acquired gender.

I'm glad you used "acquired gender" and not "perceived gender" because there is still a lot of confusion between the two.

Also the word "Entitled".

Will somebody, besides me, please explain for everyone exactly what those two gender terms mean?

As well has who exactly is "entitled" to what, where and by whom?

ReineD
03-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Will somebody, besides me, please explain for everyone exactly what those two gender terms mean?

As well has who exactly is "entitled" to what, where and by whom?

:2c:

I'll try. Because we are discussing the use of an intimate facility, my definitions for this thread only (Mirani's may be different :)) do not consider gender identification.

Perceived gender: the gender presented does not match the genitalia that is underneath the clothing.

Acquired gender: the gender presented matches the genitalia.

Entitlement: the right to use the facility of choice.

*The segregation of genitalia-based gender in intimate facilities most certainly is not fair to non or pre-op transexuals. And isn't fair to (many or most?) crossdressers.*

But given a male's potential to feel entitled to subjugate a woman (it is called rape and it happens), it is impossible to determine which GMs have non-sexual motives for being in women's changing rooms. Simply having a female appearance isn't the answer, since we've all heard of the fox in sheep's clothing. The only thing we can do for now, short of making sure that everyone is well indoctrinated in the principles of universal human rights, is to segregate people based on the appearance of their genitalia in order to protect the safety of women. Even if there was a way to screen for motive before allowing a GM in the women's facilities, most women cannot tell the difference between a well-intentioned TG and a potential predator, so the rule is also there for their peace of mind.

IMO it is also not a good idea for non or pre-op transmen (unless they feel comfortable in their ability to protect themselves) to go into the men's facilities. I can just imagine the potential for one or several GMs feeling entitled to have their way with him.

I'm not surprised that respondents to this thread feel the OP shouldn't use the women's changing rooms. :) :hugs:

Mirani
03-15-2010, 02:09 AM
:2c:

I'll try. Because we are discussing the use of an intimate facility, my definitions for this thread only (Mirani's may be different :))

Not different at all :thumbsup: Nice one Reine

jenifer m.
03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
gotta say ive never worn a womans bikini or swim suit to a pool i bet its real fun.although there is no way i would pass in any way.i would just be the weird guy in womans swimwear.but i bet its comfey.

sherri52
03-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Under normal circumstances I would say use the facility based on how your dressed. In this case I say dress at home in your bathing suit. When the beach is mostly empty, check out the ladies room. They may have seperate dressing areas and that would ok to use at a later date

Christina Horton
03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree with the not using the women change room. The womens bathroom if fine cuz I have never heard of a women striping down in front of other women in a public bathroom before. So as for your using the chance room I say change at home then go through the mens room. Or you could as stated above call ahead and explain your situation and ask them what you should do YNK they may help you by say.... Letting you cahnge in privite in the employs change room or say if you come there say 30 before you could use it before and women get there etc. It never hurts to ask but if you just went there into the ladys change room and even if you changed in a change stall you could be in big truoble. So just be preparped to change before you go it will keep you from going to jail in you bathin suit. Now that would not be fun.