PDA

View Full Version : I got free makeup

sherri52
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Had a GG friend pick me up and take me out for dinner last night. I was in drab but still had on fem jeans, pearl essence nail polish, mascara and earings. After dinner we went to an auction house that we always do and sat with three other GG's. We always sit together and at the back so we can see who else is bidding. In any case during the night a bid was had by someone in one of the first few rows. There are 150 people at this auction. As I was walking around and talking to people with my hair flowing over my shoulders almost curled (looked like a Farrah Faucet hairstyle) by accident. That one bid had a lot of makeup in it. After a few minutes the makeup had made it's way toward the back because no one wanted it. When I got back to my seat I found the remains of the makeup on my chair. I asked about it and my friends said it was for me. They have all seen me dressed so I wasn't trying to hide anything. I asked them if they wanted any and all four of them mentioned that they don't wear any makeup. I do live in a redneck area and it is all farmers and fleamarket people that I deal with but I had no idea that they wore no makeup at all. I asked again if they wanted any, one said that I wear more makeup then any of them and another retorted that I was the most girly person they know. I ended up with 4 bottles of nail polish, 2 liquid eye shadow, a tube of mascara, 3 tubes of lipstick, and various foundations (no dermablend). Had I known how well the bight was going to be I would have at least wore my pumps
Just had to let someone know of my good fortune:hugs:

wishing2bali
03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
That's very fortunate that you have such caring and thoughtful friends. :)

sherri52
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I have some great GG friends. I showed the guy in me though. I never noticed that they never wore makeup, just expected most of the time.

celeste26
03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Most of the gg's in my life wear no makeup, so I really feel out of bounds wearing any either. Fortunately I have a very light beard and can look good after only a good shave.

sherri52
03-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I have a white beard when it grows out, but I'm usually safe for 7-10 hrs with the help of dermablend