PDA

View Full Version : driving cross country

sallyjones
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
today i left florida, driving cross country. i wore a cami, bra, and breast forms. i was very surprised to find that no one really even looked at me. there was a time in alabama when i actually tried to get a couple of guys to look, but, still nothing. a couple of older people, about dusk gave me a dirty look, but i think it was my driving and not my attire. i beginning to think that people just dont care. i am driving the second leg tomorrow. my try wearing my wig to see if i get any response, but i dought it.

TabbyJames
03-14-2010, 11:28 PM
your right, most people dont pay attention or don't care. In the end it really doesn't matter. Be yourself and find the happiness from that!

Lynn Marie
03-14-2010, 11:32 PM
It's pretty true that most of us are so preoccupied with ourselves that we just don't really see other people. We just try to avoid them and, God forbid that we make eye contact. I was out for the first time last night and when anyone looked at me, I just looked right back. All I got were compliments on my strappy heels!

HannahF6
03-15-2010, 12:07 AM
That is the real secret that those who haven't ventured out of the closet need to learn. Outside there are two classes of people, those who aren't sufficiently observant to notice if you are dressed "wrong" and then there are those who might notice but don't care. Those two classes account for maybe 99.9 % of the population, the remaining 0.1 % will spot you and might care, but you likely won't run into them.

Hannah

Loni
03-15-2010, 12:34 AM
believe me, as a class A driver, almost all of those out there in there 2000+ 70 mph missiles never see past the end of there hood.:eek::doh:

way to many are on auto drive.

as for those walking around, are way to busy to care about most anything. then there are those who are way to pc to say/do anything, and of course the ones who say so what. and the very few who have a problem...but will keep away.
put on a skirt and heels, go out and have fun.

RhondaLynn
03-15-2010, 02:31 AM
I love to go out for drives during Rhonda-times. It seems that the more frequently i do it, the more natural and relaxing it becomes. I love the look and feel of the moment. I used to be concerned about others noticing, but i've found that i really don't care anymore, and neither do they, for the most part. I've seen people doing far stranger things while driving than crossdressing.

As Tabby & Loni said, "Be Yourself & find enjoyment in it", and "Put on a skirt & hose, go out & have fun". Bbut perhaps have a clothing change w/ you, just in case...

My only concern is encounters with law enforcement. I've had a couple run-ins with street-patrol and highway-patrol officers. They usually act either amused or perturbed by it. Either way, i prefer to avoid the rookies on the night shift looking for someone to harrass.

I love to go for late-night walks in the local park while out on drives, but it's quite heavily patrolled by the local LEOs at times, so i'm a bit wary when there. One night, a workng girl approached me, asking if she could 'use my cell'. Nah, i said, left it at home - sorry. She took a second glance, smiled & walked away into the shadows.

Michelle-Leigh
03-15-2010, 04:55 AM
I have driven thousands of miles en femme, most of it with this moustache on my face, and have yet to even get a second glance from anyone out there while driving. The only dirty look I ever even got in public was from a white-trash redneck when I walked into a store wearing my tall high-heel girl boots with my jeans, and I had on no wig or makeup at the time..... But I carry pepperspray for refuse such as that, and am champing at the bit to use it on one of those half-evolved, sub-human simians.

erickka
03-15-2010, 06:03 AM
I have driven thousands of miles en femme, most of it with this moustache on my face, and have yet to even get a second glance from anyone out there while driving. The only dirty look I ever even got in public was from a white-trash redneck when I walked into a store wearing my tall high-heel girl boots with my jeans, and I had on no wig or makeup at the time..... But I carry pepperspray for refuse such as that, and am champing at the bit to use it on one of those half-evolved, sub-human simians.

OMG!! You Go Girl!!!

wearingtanpantyhose
03-15-2010, 07:25 AM
I love long drives while dressed; my longest was about 10 hours. It took me awhile to get used to driving in heels, I must say. And sitting for hours on end with my knees together was harder than I imagined.
Nonetheless, it's a wonderful experience to be out in the world.

Jennifer in CO
03-15-2010, 07:39 AM
almost 20 years ago I drove from Tampa back to Denver over 3 days. Did the whole trip in girls clothes, swam in the hotel pools in a black mallot, and I can truely say didn't get one negative comment. Ok I didn't go out of my way to let people see me either unless I was stopping for food and was prepared to not do the pools if someone was there already...which never happened. And yeah they were fem girly, but not 'lacey' girly to attract attention.

Jenn

SheriM
03-15-2010, 08:08 AM
I have driven cross country many times totally enfemme, usually with a mini skirt on which will get the truckers to talking or honking. I feel that it is the only time that I can pass (hiding my face). Sometimes the trucks will stay beside my car for extended periods. I've even had a truck follow me into a rest stop. When I saw him come in the rest stop, I decided that I could "hold it" a little while longer and made an exit.
Driving cross country while dressed is one of my favorite things to do. It allows me to be Sheri for 2 or more days and allows for shopping stops where no one knows me.
SheriM

jenifer m.
03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
ive driven right up next to big eighteen wheelers on the highway while wearing a mini with hose,and heels ive only gotten strange looks a couple of times,but most problably see my legs and think its a woman passing by.

ellenwannabe
03-15-2010, 09:44 AM
good idea - if you're CD you probably should wear the wig and even do the nails and add the makeup and you'll feel soooo much better - enjoy the trip - Ellen

MonicaJean
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM
while in the car, i had my favorite hose on and cuffed-up my jeans into looking like capri's. didn't have any heels/flats with me so it was barefoot (save for the 'hose). I totally forgot how wonderful the cool vent air felt on my pantyhose-covered feet. A WONDERFUL sensation.

at least put some 'hose on to make yourself feel better :)

NV Susan
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Sally,
I drive en femme all the time! I driven across the state across the country or just a short drive around town. Sometimes I'm total dressed sometimes just a skirt and top. I've never hand any "trouble" mostly just a funny look or two when stopped for fuel or something. As I posted in a thread yesterday I surprised the girls at a Starbucks drive thru wearing a sheer top that you could see my bra thru and short jean skirt.
Anyway hope you have a safe trip, and a lot of fun!!:hugs:

Frédérique
03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
today i left florida, driving cross country. i wore a cami, bra, and breast forms. i was very surprised to find that no one really even looked at me.

I drove cross-country a few years ago, and I loved it. It’s fun to stay just under the radar and zip through places that are not gender-friendly, only being visible now and then. Before a person has the chance to do a double-take, I’m gone! I may drive to Florida to see my ex-girlfriend in the near future, and this will obviously take me through the south – the idea of doing it dressed is very attractive, since I rarely get these opportunities. I may do the trip just to tell the story afterwards...:heehee: