PDA

View Full Version : Funny , not funny , funny , not funny!!!

Christina Horton
03-15-2010, 08:02 PM
It's just a dumb thing I did and I just now found out about it. Shit. Lol.

Ok this last Saturday I went to a Vango meet. (Vancouver girls nigt out ) group. And then offto sin city. It's a fetchish night club where you can't wear street clothes. CDs are fine cuz we are out of the norm. Anyway it was a great night and we came home at midnight cuz Marrisa had to go and see some friends and I had to work on sunday. So I got home transferd all my stuff from my purse (or so it thought) into my fanny pack. I got to my truck and headed to Edmonton Alberta. I unloaded this moring and I have not load so I want into the truck stop and thought I should check if my pay check went in on the ATM. Wheni pulled my ATM card it was not there. Oh well I have 270 $ on me not to worrie but then I checked to see if my drivers liecence was there. Shit shit shit. It's also in my purse at home in Vancouver BC. For our friends down south that's 700 miles away from home. Now I drive truck where in the DOT or a cop if I get pulled over or pulled in for an inspection I wi need it or else.

So here I am in another Provence without my drivers L ( a big L on my forhead ) . Now I just need to pussy foot my way home with out a prob. Wish me luck. And let this be a lesson to all make sure you have everything from your purse or else you'll were the big L like I'm doing.

Here to doing the speed limit all the way home. Shit shit sssssssshit!!!

Faith_G
03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Cristina, you are living one of my big worries! I am so afraid I am gonna do the same thing, and that will be the day the DOT will have a roadside inspection set up. :doh:

Best of luck to you on your journey home - and be truthful if you do get snagged. Some creeper cops do have a sense of humor.

Veronica Nowakowski
03-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I did that once before, however for a much shorter ride. Good luck.

pamela_a
03-15-2010, 08:17 PM
It sounds like the moral of the story is Always Bring Your Purse! A girl should never be without it.

Karen564
03-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Good luck!!!
:hugs:

AKAMichelle
03-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Put the hammer down and hurry home. Wait that is what you do with your DL. Oh Well drive careful now! :D

jenifer m.
03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
yeah you definently slipped girl.just be careful driving. good luck out there.

RhondaLynn
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
My shit and i have become separated before, but not yet by way of purse.

So, if you know where your license is, couldn't they overnight it to you & tell you the DL# verbally, which could possibly save you from a violation?

Hey - next time you're in that club, tell them to open a branch in my city! We need something like that around here!

Sarah_C
03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh dear! Its times like this i'm thankful for british road laws!

SuzanneS
03-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Christina,
I don't mean to sound disrepectful, but right now all I can think about is the song from Smokey and the Bandit.....East bound and down, loaded up and truckin....! SO SORRY! Just had to say it! Stay safe and careful....we've all had problems like this, just maybe not so critical!...Smile, it will make all the difference in the world!

Missy Tanya
03-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Now another First for Christina, she's going to have to obey the traffic laws!!! Lol..
I know I drive better when dressed, so maybe you need to just start packin you purse instead of the fanny pack, beside they make a ugly bulge..

But I do feel for you, I understand the concerns when it comes to you Job..

So watch for smokeys, keep the shiney side up, and don't for heaves sake, walk into the wrong bathroom!!!!

Tanya

Persephone
03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Thoughts are with you, Christina! Good luck, drive careful and catch us on the flip.

AliceJaneInNewcastle
03-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Wheni pulled my ATM card it was not there. Oh well I have 270 $ on me not to worrie but then I checked to see if my drivers liecence was there. Shit shit shit. It's also in my purse at home in Vancouver BC.
I used to shift everything back and forth between a male wallet and a larger female style one. When the male wallet wore out a few months ago, I ditched it and just put everything in the larger one, which I now use at all times. I just transfer it from bag to bag as needed.

Loni
03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
i did that once....only once.:eek:

but i was only 400 miles from home...no cash on me, no water...no food...two big inspection houses between me and home.

i have a purse that sorta passes in drab, (looks kinda like a camcorder bag) it goes with me all the time now.

a problem only a driver can understand. good luck girl.

Loni

Evie08
03-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Christina,

A couple close friends said they will be glad to see you get back to Vancouver safely.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4437551806_b5112d7849.jpg

Genifer Teal
03-15-2010, 11:51 PM
BTDT. Tough to explain you left it in your other wallet. How many guys have more than one wallet at a time? Women on OTOH, may run into this situation more often when switching bags.

Gen

Imogen_Mann
03-16-2010, 05:01 AM
If the cop's pull you over, put on and English accent and they will assume you to be English, and therefore a harmless lunatic, and let you pass.

No... Really :)

LynnInDenver
03-16-2010, 12:49 PM
I think I did this twice when I was still flipping between wallets... now I just drop my male wallet into my purse instead. No one's commented about it when I've pulled it out to get cash, and I no longer forget to put license and bank card back when I need to go to work.

gigiluv
03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Dear, you have to tell us how this ended. Shit is not a strong enough word for you situation. Please Please post back here and tell us you are ok. Hey, at 61 years old I can act like your mom instead of a sis. :)

Joanne f
03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Don`t want to worry you but they can spot a guilty face a mile away :heehee: wear some dark glass`s :D

Teri Jean
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Sweetheart you do need to carry your purse more often. Besides who wants to sit on a 1-1/2" thick piece of leather. it throws your back out of balance and wears the pants funny. LOL Pam is right carry the purse or drive like a bat out of H*ll.

Teri

NicoleYork
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I've always found it funny that you can't legally drive without physically having your license on you in certain countries. Have they not heard of computers? What if your wallet/purse gets lost/stolen whilst you are out driving? Do you have to walk home?!

And is it true that you have to renew your license in person by queuing up for hours at the "DMV"? I've seen it in TV shows, but I never believed it. Here in the UK, we send our old license off in the post, wait a few weeks and then get a new one back. So there are times when we don't even have our licenses, but we're still allowed to drive.

Not that this helps your situation :doh:

TommiTN
03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I've always found it funny that you can't legally drive without physically having your license on you in certain countries. Have they not heard of computers? What if your wallet/purse gets lost/stolen whilst you are out driving? Do you have to walk home?!

And is it true that you have to renew your license in person by queuing up for hours at the "DMV"? I've seen it in TV shows, but I never believed it. Here in the UK, we send our old license off in the post, wait a few weeks and then get a new one back. So there are times when we don't even have our licenses, but we're still allowed to drive.

Not that this helps your situation :doh:

It varies by state and in all cases the most you'll get is a citation for driving without a license. Then all you need to do is prove that you actually do have a license and you're let off Scott free. They don't stop anyone at random just to see if they have a license; they must have probable cause to stop you, ie: you've committed some other infraction. Some states have renewal by mail; others do require you to go to the DMV, but in that case they usually have a computer for you to use so you don't have to stand in line.

Staci G
03-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Maybe they'll close the chicken coups for ya. but I doubt it. Good thing its not Ontario, I had a buncha trouble up there before. But then again Alberta wasn't to good to me. I got inspected at the border once there and they threw all my stuff outta the truck hells and hose everywhere lol. Hey maybe it was cuz I was one of those Americans. love it up there though. Have a good trip and be safe

Christina Horton
03-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Dear, you have to tell us how this ended. Shit is not a strong enough word for you situation. Please Please post back here and tell us you are ok. Hey, at 61 years old I can act like your mom instead of a sis. :)

Ok ok you want an update. Ok then. Fine you pushy pushy women.

I'm in Grande Praire AB. I am loading in beaverlodge tomorow. After that I'm heading home to surrey to pick up my Ace for crossing into the states and then I will head to my apt to grab my CDL. Or also know as (Crossdressing drivers license). You see in Canada you need one to drive while crossdressed. If you caught with out they fine you and take away your license and you can no longer driver dressed. So you see most of the girls here are driving without a CDL. You have to take a course and pass the test. Man it's hard. I don't want to lose mine so I will behave while driving home.

If I do get caught with out it I should only get a citation or a slap on the wrist. If they ask me what happened to it I will tell them I left it in my purse at home. I don't forsee any real prob , but if worst come to worst and I have to have my license before I leave I can call my friend who lives inthe apt and he could get it and over nifty it to me where ever I be. I don't thi k that would happen but YNK. I will update you all when I get home.... I just may let you all stew for a time just to tech giglluv a lesson Ha.

Loni
03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
just do not get caught in Oregon with out your med card.

it is done on felony paper work.:eek:

and if you go between Bosie Idaho and Whenamuca Nevada, have the trip permit for Oregon.

the old guy there does not care if you are over loaded...just so long as you have the tax paper.

take care and do not feed the bears.

Christina Horton
03-19-2010, 03:20 PM
just do not get caught in Oregon with out your med card.

it is done on felony paper work.:eek:

and if you go between Bosie Idaho and Whenamuca Nevada, have the trip permit for Oregon.

the old guy there does not care if you are over loaded...just so long as you have the tax paper.

take care and do not feed the bears.

Just FYI, I as a canadina don't need a med card. It all in the CDL, witch by the way I picked up at home and am now loading in sothern OR for Calgary AB. Had a close call in Grande Cash AB. At the top of the hill there was a DOT INS. Luck they had all the biz they could take and I was waved on. Now that was close. But alls well I have my CDL and got in to the states just fine if not long to cross cuz of the damm X Ray BS. All well that ends well.

Well kids that's the dne of this adventure. Lol. Thanks for all the concern and best wishes. Hugs to all. Now back to work ;).

NV Susan
03-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Christina, So glad you made it...thanks for the interesting story and updates!!! Keep on truckin'....

Kaitlyn Michele
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
BEST TOPIC EVER

:clap:

Sherry Lynn
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me. I just called the cops where I was and reported it lost or stolen. They gave me a case number and I just gave the card from the cops to anyone who asked for my license. When I got home I called and said "I found it". Case closed!

Nicole Erin
03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
If you run into this again, say you get pulled over.
They will ask for whatever papaerwork a trucker needs to have, but just say with a straight face and casually, "... I don't have a CDL though, it was revoked cause of too many DUI's"

Can you imagine how impressed the officer would be? :heehee:

I mean I know you don't drive drunk but it would still be funny to see the look on the officer's face.

Christina Horton
03-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Best heading ever
BEST TOPIC EVER

:clap:

Thanks Hun but if that were true I think it would have more views and comments on here eh? Now if I said panties 4 times I think it would get a hell of alot more people on here. Don't you think ? Hell it might have gotten to 10,000 views. Who wants to bet me. Any takers?

Christina Horton
03-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I'm not afraid of people saying or staring just that my boss does not yet know. I will wait until I know I can find another job easily like I could before the jobs went into the shittier. When I am sure I could find one fast and a good one I will then get my long painted nails and I will maybe use my purse in drab. Until that day I will have to wait I think. But using my Fem-wallet is a great idea . I think I will do that now that I'm home. Thanks again to all.

DAVIDA
03-24-2010, 06:53 AM
They don't stop anyone at random just to see if they have a license; they must have probable cause to stop you, ie: you've committed some other infraction.

Sorry Tommi, that isn't the case with truckers! Trucks can be stopped at any time just to check them out. You had better have your CDL, medical card(here in the states), up-to-date log book, and have no safety violations with the rig. Even if you don't own the rig.

TommiTN
03-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks, Davida. I realize that CDL holders are treated differently, I have a class A license myself. I was addressing Nicole York's reply (#22), which was just a general comment about some locales requiring physical possession of one's license when driving. I should have included that CDL drivers are a special class and are treated differently.

Christina Horton
04-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Well it turns out if I did not have it and was caught at a scale they would just give me a citation and let me go on my way. But I don't want to go through that again. But it was a good story ROLF!!!!!:D:D:D

RobertaM
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
thats good news im glad it worked out for y ou

Christina Horton
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
that's good news I'm glad it worked out for you

Ya it was a heart scaring thing to have no licence and no debt card , but I lived through it. I think the reason was I did not know for about half if the trip then it was not all the time. Thanks for all of you girls concern . I will never do that again and If I do you all have permission to Bitch Slap me if you ever see me LOL.

t-girlxsophie
06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't a Truck Driver obeying the Speed Limit be a dead giveaway that something fishy was going on :devil:
Just a non-drivers opinion,better go into hiding now I guess :heehee:

Loni
06-03-2010, 03:26 AM
i do the speed limit...but then i get payed by the hr.:heehee:

SandraAbsent
06-03-2010, 03:32 AM
I searched high and low to find a wallet that would pass in both situations. I know my own tendencies way too much, and I am bound to screw that up. So i cut myself off at the pass with a solution. So know the wallet goes from the purse to the back pocket quite easily.

Christina Horton
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't a Truck Driver obeying the Speed Limit be a dead giveaway that something fishy was going on :devil:
Just a non-drivers opinion,better go into hiding now I guess :heehee:

It's not so out of the ordinary to drive at the speed limit , but I have saved my self lots of tickets by driving the limit. Plus I save about $1000 to #1500 per month with going only 100 KMS/62MPH. So that alot of makeup eh eh eh eh?

i do the speed limit...but then i get payed by the hr.:heehee:

I hate people like you "i get payed by the hr." You girls need to have your swelled heads defalted LOL. Just teasing ya hun.

So know the wallet goes from the purse to the back pocket quite easily.

I'm not sure what your saying.....are you saying to just remember to grab my wallet and to NOT forget it.

:doh: Why did I not think Of that. Silly me all this time I've been racking my brain looking for a way to come with having a wallet that is good for all time use and you come out of nowhere and blow my mine with a simple fix.
So should I put a note in my fanny pack to tell me to grab everything. Hell I think that will do until I find something that will work on both sides. Thanks your comment gave me the idea to put a note , Thanks hun.