PDA

View Full Version : What Is This Called?

Daphnie-Duck
08-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I feel stupid for asking this, because I should know the answer. However, my brain is on vacation today. Anyway, I just picked up this cute little piece at Value Village today. Dunno if I'm going to keep it yet or add it to my growing little inventory of clothing for the little online boutique I'm building.

Anyway, when I first saw it on the rack, I thought it was a minidress. So I took it into the fitting room (underneath a pair of jeans in the basket I was carrying). When I got a better look at it, I discovered I was wrong. It wasn't a minidress at all, but some sort of short one-piece thingie. I still couldn't pass it up, despite it not being a dress, since it was so cute, and it fits.

So then, could someone please tell me what this thing is called? (again, I feel sooooo stupid for asking this.)

Angela Burke
08-12-2005, 09:21 PM
I feel stupid for asking this, because I should know the answer. However, my brain is on vacation today. Anyway, I just picked up this cute little piece at Value Village today. Dunno if I'm going to keep it yet or add it to my growing little inventory of clothing for the little online boutique I'm building.

Anyway, when I first saw it on the rack, I thought it was a minidress. So I took it into the fitting room (underneath a pair of jeans in the basket I was carrying). When I got a better look at it, I discovered I was wrong. It wasn't a minidress at all, but some sort of short one-piece thingie. I still couldn't pass it up, despite it not being a dress, since it was so cute, and it fits.

So then, could someone please tell me what this thing is called? (again, I feel sooooo stupid for asking this.)

I would call those "cami- knicks", a camisole and knickers combined.

Love Angela XX

Rachel Morley
08-12-2005, 09:36 PM
I always thought those were called "playsuits".

Deborah
08-12-2005, 09:38 PM

I've heard "jumpsuit" also. Wouldn't want to jump anything wearing that though lol.

LouiseCassell
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
my vote would be for playsuits also

carson
08-12-2005, 10:08 PM

You're absolutely right Angel and I should know b/c I buy them at GAP Kids for my little girl. They're also known as rompers. Never seen a grownup one before. :think: :D

Daphnie-Duck
08-13-2005, 12:42 AM
You're absolutely right Angel and I should know b/c I buy them at GAP Kids for my little girl. They're also known as rompers. Never seen a grownup one before. :think: :D

An eBay search shows quite a few items called Rompers in the Womens' clothing categories. Not all of them are like what I showed, but there are quite a number that do match the short overalls style.

Also, just from browsing about, I've seen several so-called rompers that I would love to have, but there's no way I could afford them. Here's two that I would really like, but they are way out of my price range:

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/aa/52/e5_1_b.JPG http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/10054364/Images/1190.JPG

I was hoping to show pics of some other nice search results, but I just learned that there is a limit to the number of images allowed in a post.

carson
08-13-2005, 01:15 AM
An eBay search shows quite a few items called Rompers in the Womens' clothing categories. Not all of them are like what I showed, but there are quite a number that do match the short overalls style.

Also, just from browsing about, I've seen several so-called rompers that I would love to have, but there's no way I could afford them. Here's two that I would really like, but they are way out of my price range:

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/aa/52/e5_1_b.JPG http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/10054364/Images/1190.JPG

I was hoping to show pics of some other nice search results, but I just learned that there is a limit to the number of images allowed in a post.

Damn! They call those rompers? You'd beat the heck out of them on the playground. But I wonder if my wife would consider one for our "playground!"... :think: :D

Wendy me
08-13-2005, 06:20 AM
easy just call it cute....

Daphnie-Duck
08-13-2005, 06:40 AM
easy just call it cute....

Believe me. I'm definitely calling it cute. And, I've decided to keep this one in my collection after all instead of reselling it. :love:

Fallen Angel
08-13-2005, 06:47 AM
from the pics they look like terry cloth are you sure thats not beach atire and if it is its called a terry cloth beach jumper

Daphnie-Duck
08-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Not sure how to tell if it is terrycloth or not, but the tag just says it's 100% cotton. Also, the brand label on it is Sassafras.

I'm just going to refer to it as a romper, since it could be, and that sounds as cute as it looks.

Fallen Angel
08-13-2005, 06:57 AM
its beach itire look it up under e-bay