PDA

View Full Version : Some Days are great, others are . . .

Sarah Doepner
03-17-2010, 12:20 AM
I can wear the same outfit on two different days and on one of those days I will look in the mirror and see a guy with makeup and girl clothes on. The next time I will have the same outfit on and makeup done the same way and the guy is gone from the mirror and there is an acceptable version of a woman looking back at me. I try to be consistent in how I do my make up and hair. I do my best to make sure the clothes and accessories all work with each other to look the best.

Why? Has anyone else had this experience? What's going on?

Renee_E
03-17-2010, 05:51 AM
That happens to me too. I think it has to do with my frame of mind. Somedays I just don't feel like a girl. Other days I dress for work in drab and wonder who that girl is in men's clothes. Works both ways for me.

tamarav
03-17-2010, 06:36 AM
I used to experience this over and over and really hesitated to get out. Then after I started working dressed I realized that women go through the exact same thing, minus the seeing a guy in the mirror. They have hesitations about their look for the day and always look to their friends and co-workers for positive reinforcement.

So, you may look just awesome and not realize it. Sometimes you just need someone else to nod and say "you look great!".

Don't let it get you down, you look fine and practicce will help you to realize it.

jasmine57
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I have that happen all the time. Most times I look in the mirror all I see is a guy in a dress. Every once in a while I don't see me looking back but it's very seldom. But I've gotten to the point that I like me in a dress.

jenifer m.
03-17-2010, 10:11 AM
it happens to me too.i guess it all depends on how feminine or masculin im feeling that day.some days im just more into it.

BonnieJG
03-17-2010, 10:37 AM
That happens to me too. I look in the mirror all I see is a guy in a dress . I keep try to change the look the hair male up but I still see the guy

sherri52
03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I have to agree with Renee. I think it is just your frame of mind. When your in a good mood you'll look great and when not in such a good mood you can't please yourself.

Phyliss
03-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Then there's the other side, some days after the initial "look see check" in the mirror, I avoid any reflective surface for the rest of the day. In my mind I'm the hottest thing in heels and I don't want to ruin the thought by actually seeing myself.
Attitude goes a long way. I may not be beautiful, but in my mind I am and that's all that counts for me.

Sewing_Sophie
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
There's definitely a mood to it for me. In days when I'm in the mood, I can even briefly mistake my stubbly, drab clothed reflection for female. I feel it most when looking at my hands - I could swear that my fingers look shorter and stubbier when my brain is in drab mode than they do when my brain is in a girly mood, and not even my favourite nail varnish will make them look feminine... they just look stupid instead.

SouthernBelle.GG
03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
...Then after I started working dressed I realized that women go through the exact same thing, minus the seeing a guy in the mirror. They have hesitations about their look for the day and always look to their friends and co-workers for positive reinforcement...

What she said! It's a girl thing. Some days we're fabulous and other days we're just so-so no matter how hard we try. :)

Danielle Gee
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
That happens to me too. I think it has to do with my frame of mind. Somedays I just don't feel like a girl. Other days I dress for work in drab and wonder who that girl is in men's clothes. Works both ways for me.

I agree with Renee, sometimes I have the same feelings when I look into the mirror...........Then I check my album and :eek: it's true, sometimes I do look like a guy in a dress :brolleyes: