PDA

View Full Version : breastforms get attention

vetobob9
03-18-2010, 12:40 AM
I experimented with wearing my breastforms over the last 2 days. I noticed that people stare. Not everyone but some. First time it was a guy staring when I was walking to the bus stop.
Then someone stared when I was at AMPM.
Yesterday, I was on the metrolink and the lady who checks the tickets stared at my chest. The lady who drives the bus also stared.
I checked in the mirror and they stick out enough to get noticed. They were supposed to be B cups and apparently B's are more noticable than I thought.
What do you when people stare at your chest when you are wearing your breastforms?

Rachel2000
03-18-2010, 12:55 AM
I think we need a little more information here. Were you dressed completely enfemme or were you in guy mode??

Hope
03-18-2010, 01:21 AM
I thought that was the point?

vetobob9
03-18-2010, 01:37 AM
I guess you could say half and half. I was wearing dresses on both days with bras to keep the forms in place. But I had the dresses tucked into my pants and was wearing a coat over the top but no shirt between the coat and dress. And I have some stubble.

Rachel2000
03-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Oops, sorry, I misread the original post. I thought it said why do people stare... .

I guess my response would be to look the person doing the staring straight in the eye with that "what are you staring at" look on my face as I've done many times in the past or you can just simply ignore it and turn away. Anyway you slice it, people will stare at something that catches their eye. Its human nature to stare and there isn't a lot you can do about it. I can't even wear a normal bra without getting some stares (I easily fill out a 36B) when I'm underdressed but when I'm dressed enfemme, no one gives me a second glance.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-18-2010, 02:02 AM
lol

how could you not expect people to not look?

breastforms are hopefully gonna look like breasts and breasts get looked at ....CONSTANTLY

i think if you are partially dressing then your risk of getting hassled is the highest ..if that happens then you just have to stay safe

since you enjoy wearing them, maybe your best bet is to try to enjoy the folks staring at them..a smile is very disarming

Imogen_Mann
03-18-2010, 02:55 AM
I have been tempted to wear mine out under my male clothes when I go out, but to be honest I get paranoia enough at work just wearing a bra, feeling that everyone else can see what I can feel... I know it's there and so think I can see every tiny detail of it showing through my sweat shirt... So I assume everyone else is expecting to read me and then follow up with the old 'point and stare' routine'. It's a ridiculous paranoia... Very similar to the one a lot of teenagers get when carrying weed for the first time... When EVERYONE suddenly looks like a cop !

Are you sure you're not just reacting to things in this way... You're so sure they will notice that you assume they are ?

Veronica Nowakowski
03-18-2010, 06:16 AM
So basically, you looked like a guy with b-cup breasts. People get shocked when they see a man with breasts. Either present yourself as a female or don't wear the forms and the staring will stop, at least in that way.

Tomara
03-18-2010, 07:36 AM
I find that if you just go about your business and just be yourself that most people don't even pay attention to what is going on around them and wont notice what you look like. But like Stephenie stated by the way you were dressed I would guess it was the overall look and not your breasts they were staring at.
Tomara

Diane Elizabeth
03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Its not everyday one sees a bearded man in a dress. Yesterday, at McDs, there was a man in a kilt. I stared for a second or two. It was only the second time I actually saw someone wear a kilt publicly. Parades don't count.
If you don't want to stick out then I suggest wearing clothes that blend better. And shave. People will stare even if you are one that wears "goth" or anything considered out of the ordinary.

bobi jean
03-18-2010, 09:19 AM
What do you when people stare at your chest when you are wearing your breastforms?

jiggle!!!

docrobbysherry
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
If u LIKED the stares, or NOT!:eek:

If NOT, sounds like the girls above, have the answers for u!:)

If SO, I suggest size C or D forms!:heehee:

kym
03-18-2010, 10:17 AM

jiggle!!!

lol that was good!

sandra-leigh
03-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I experimented with wearing my breastforms over the last 2 days. I noticed that people stare. Not everyone but some. [...]
I checked in the mirror and they stick out enough to get noticed. They were supposed to be B cups and apparently B's are more noticable than I thought.

I regularly wear small C or small D or large E, sometimes G forms, when I go out in "guy mode" (meaning clothes that are probably female but not obviously so.) I find that for me, that unless I am wearing a stretch top that makes the full extent of the projection quite obvious by wrapping back to the chest immediately under the forms, then I don't get any stares. I'm not saying that I never get any comments from the nobs, but they are not often at all.

Note that when I say "unless I am wearing a stretch top", I do not mean "unless I hide my bust away"! For example, I might be wearing the forms in a darted blouse that shows the outer curve of the bust nicely... not a problem. Yesterday, I took the bus while I was wearing a long green dress and my G forms with a bit of bra showing, but no makeup or wig (though my hair is now 4" below my shoulder), and I stood around waiting for that bus for about 10 minutes in my open-toed 3 1/2" heels (not stilleto though): there was definitely a "bust" (the dress cut in underneath it)... no problems at all. Yes, I got some glances, some smiles, but no stares and no-one who didn't turn their attention to something else after a brief moment.

I'd hypothesize that maybe I just happen to live in an especially tolerant city, but I've had the same reaction in three other major Canadian cities.

The only explanation that I've come up with that seems to hold together, is that what-ever brain mechanisms that people use to judge what the "right size" of a bust is on women, the size that looks "appropriate" for them, somehow applies to me as well -- that somehow I'm a person that an E to G bust looks "appropriate" on to other people, even with my guy-face.

And I think part of this "looks appropriate" is practice. You have just started wearing forms in mixed-gender mode: you would be self-conscious about them, and you wouldn't have had time yet to adopt the unconscious movement patterns and "air of lack of concern" that are the mark of "these belong here". People pick up your nervousness and pay attention to that far faster than they pick up on your bust-line as being worth thought and attention.

But it goes deeper than that. I've been out in public in visibly mixed-gender mode many many times, and I've been out fully femme from time to time {not as often, takes much more prep work!!}... and so far, not even one person who knew me in guy mode and then saw me mixed-gender or Dressed, has expressed any surprise at my mixed gender or dressing. I don't mean that "everyone already knows" or "everyone would assume": more like they glance over at me, the cogs in their mind go "click click click" and they say to themselves "Duh, I somehow knew that already, and it's about time that he finally came right out and admitted it!".

Thus, I do not expect that my experiences of "very few negative comments, virtually no stares, a number of compliments" to translate to the majority of other cross-dressers. It isn't that when I go mixed-gender or Dressed that I look like I'm "really a woman" -- it is just that somehow most people know that it is the right thing for me.

vetobob9
03-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I shaved the stubble. I started out this morning with them but then took them off near the bus stop. I'll probably put them on again on the way home. LOL
But now I am noticing a problem when I am not wearing them but still wearing the bra and the dress, they seem to ride up against my armpit creating an uncomfortable feeling.

sherri52
03-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Just smile and keep on walking

victoriamwilliams1
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM
You'll get used to it becuase guys are just like that.

jenifer m.
03-18-2010, 06:58 PM
i have found that even when in mixed gender mode( witch is like all the time any more)that if i walk around with an attitude of total self confidence that maybe only one person in fifty will even give me a second glance.there are so many types of people out there now days you really have to do some drastic shit to get noticed.i do wear a bra under my shirts sometimes,but never brest formes unless i was gonna go out in full femme.any way who cares what people think?im over what others say any more.

Annaliese2010
03-18-2010, 08:17 PM
got em 'n they nice but don't always wear em. more fun if get looks when au naturel'. small but cute :battingeyelashes:

dawnforever
03-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I own a very small pair of breast forms, and when I dress en femme, sometimes I have a hard time taking my eyes off the mirror. Even though you're wearing B's it's still considerably larger than a guy's natural chest, if you're brave enough to go half/half, you should definately go 100%. I wish I was brave enough to even go out in public en femme, but I always feel like I'm in my comfort zone and don't want to leave it.

sandra-leigh
03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Even though you're wearing B's it's still considerably larger than a guy's natural chest

Am I that much heftier than average? My band size is 38 (can get away with 36 on about 2/3 of bras), I'm about a size 14, mens M to L... and a B cup would be barely noticeable on me unless I was wearing something tight. Cup size measures volume, not projection; spread a B cup out over the width of my chest and you would have to push quite firmly to get any cleavage (and it would look ridiculous, a two small bulges of flesh pressed together and held in place by something like vice-grips.)

amy canada
03-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Of course people are going to stare. Us guys stare at women's boobs because we like the way it looks on women, and women stare at boobs because they're either lesbians or they want bigger boobs.

Last week, it was still cold up here, so I was able to hide a little bit under my winter jacket, but I suspected one dude at a table at McDonald's noticed I had my forms since he kept staring at me while I was in line. It'll be harder to do that now, since it's been warmer the past few days, so only a thinner jacket is necessary.

scarlett
03-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Or maybe they don't see a guy with a dress tucked into a pair of pants everyday?

bron
03-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Honey...if you have tits...men are gonna stare...i know...i'm a guy. Having said that...i would love a set of breast forms and i can't wait to be stared at! bron

Annaliese2010
03-19-2010, 03:27 AM
... sometimes I have a hard time taking my eyes off the mirror.... I wish I was brave enough to even go out in public en femme....

I understand that. I constantly stare at myself in the mirror. And yeh, we have a rather good time together :o. (Speaking of staring, kinda hard not to at your avy.) I don't think you're missing much by not "going out". I do now and then and to me it's overrated. It's like... I don't need the opinion of the average person to know I'm awesome, ya know? :heehee:

gabimartini
03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
So basically, you looked like a guy with b-cup breasts. People get shocked when they see a man with breasts. Either present yourself as a female or don't wear the forms and the staring will stop, at least in that way.

I have to agree with Veronica on this. People get shocked by anything that stands out from the norm. So, challenging convention will always attract stares, reprimands, prejudices, and other pitiful behaviors from people. The main question is how comfortable and confident you feel in handling these situations.

One last thing, remember to be prepared to deal with confrontations, as some people like to get physical with members of the GLBT community. Just leave a can of pepper spray in your purse.

Sweeterica
03-19-2010, 06:32 AM
i would feel people were looking at me strange if i went out wearing a dress with stubble on face, go out as one or the other not bit of both. I often wear bra wen out yes at first u think people notice but frankly they so wound up in their lives they dont notice u.

Sweeterica
03-19-2010, 06:54 AM
If you go out wearing a dress with stubble on face people will stare,i wear a bra a lot i used to think people looked at me but honestly they are so busy with their lives they dont notice little things.

Veronica Nowakowski
03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
I understand that. I constantly stare at myself in the mirror. And yeh, we have a rather good time together :o. (Speaking of staring, kinda hard not to at your avy.) I don't think you're missing much by not "going out". I do now and then and to me it's overrated. It's like... I don't need the opinion of the average person to know I'm awesome, ya know? :heehee:

It's not about the opinion of others, it's about the freedom of being yourself in public.

Annaliese2010
03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
It's not about the opinion of others, it's about the freedom of being yourself in public.

I feel free to be myself in public whether I'm mostly expressing "the guy" in me OR when in a totally female self-identified state of mind, how this is reflected in the clothes and make-up I wear, the smooth look I present by lack of body hair and my decidedly femme behaviour and prettiness. I simply haven't experienced "problems" so IDK... maybe it's a certain "arrogance" I think I have that's sort of integral to my character where I don't really care about most people, their attitudes or opinions about most anything and certainly not their judgment about ME. I know I know, sounds really bad but... is just the way I am... It is what it is. However, I really try hard not to "come across" like that or make anyone feel badly. And BTW... I absolutely do not feel that way towards anyone in here who I consider to be more like kindred spirits.

The upside to what some might call a "character defect" is... when you have a sure and certain sense that you are just as good as anyone else and... well... this is gonna sound really bad but... in my case, how you know you're "better" than 99% of 'em to begin with... you sort of don't even care to look at most average people or make eye contact unless you have to at times, but then only long enough so as to not piss 'em off by appearing to look down at them (even though you do...lol). But that's just me. What I'm suggesting is... if one can get some sense of this going on inside you, maybe it allows you a kind of freedom to be whoever you are and do whatever the hell you want... within the strictures of law of course... and within the limits of those moral and ethical standards to which you personally subscribe.

sandra-leigh
03-20-2010, 01:50 AM
People get shocked by anything that stands out from the norm. So, challenging convention will always attract stares, reprimands, prejudices, and other pitiful behaviors from people.

I dunno... it's like you live in a completely different culture: around here, that kind of behaviour is unusual. Well, I can't speak of prejudices since those are internal thoughts, but the external behaviour I observe is not like that around here.

For example, today I went to the local mall for a medical appointment. I was on time but the doctor was running an hour behind, so I was sitting in the waiting room for part of the time and walking around the mall part of the time. I was wearing men's rubber shoes (it's mud season), brown slacks, and a 3/4-length brown top with all kinds of flowers and vines on it -- a distinctly non-male top. I was shaved but not close-close, the moustache shadow was visible; the only makeup I had was a very light lipstick (easy to overlook). My hair is about 4" below my shoulders including in the front; and I had 2" dangle pink-pearl earrings. And I was wearing my large-E asymmetric forms. As the top is thin and flows well, it flowed around both forms, making it clear that I had a fair-sized bust.

Total visible reaction from the people in the waiting room: none. Total visible reaction as I walked through the mall carrying my purse: none. Total visible reaction in the men's bathroom: none. Total visible reaction at the fast-food place: none. Total reaction from the first store I went into: the owner remembered what kind of tops I tend to look for, and directed me to one she thought I might like (which I did, but I own it.) No problem trying on dresses, tops, and nighties. Total reaction from the second store I went into: greeted by name (as per usual there), the owners were happy to see me, we chit-chatted about life, they chased a missing shipment of something I thought I might like and promised to have it by Monday; the over-70 female co-owner told me I looked good (and she hasn't been shy before to ask about my health if I'm not looking good); they often give me discounts below the marked price.

And no, I am not under the delusion that I "Pass", that all those people think that I am female. Quite the contrary: I regularly get referred to as "Sir" even when I'm in full dress and heels and makeup, and I can count the number of times I've been called "m'am" on one hand.

And we are thus led to one of two conclusions: either it takes a lot to shock (or even interest) people around here -- or else somehow for me, presenting that way does not "stand out from the norm". Just like how you glance at strangers who have died their hair green, and for some of them you say "Yup, looks pretty normal on them", and for others of them you say "WTF?! Why did they do that?! What are they, a punk hoodlam?!". Just so, the kind of dress or skirt or top I would be likely to choose to wear in public seem to "look pretty normal" on me.

vetobob9
03-20-2010, 06:16 AM
It's getting to warm to wear coats here. So I guess I will stop using them in public, except at night when no notices. lol

msniki48
03-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Well, as pretty much all have said, if they are obvious, and you are in male mode, you can expect the stares, BUT, if you want to have a little fun, Do what any voluptuous girl would do or say! [especially when a woman is staring....] point your 2 fingers at your eyes, and say, I'm up here! lol

Funny when the shoe is on the other foot, [ or the boob is on the other chest] the women stare at boobs too!:heehee:

PS: you can always say you are doing an experiment, and they just failed...:heehee:

:hugs:

Sherry-Stephanie
03-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Hmmmmmmm are they thinking "Are they real or are they Memorex"???? Oh wait, that's the recording tapes....

Well after all, don't guys stare at gg's breast also???? So what's not to love about about getting your boobs looked at????

Wait until they come up and the want to squeeze them...now you'll really love that...I've got a gay guy at a club I go to and everytime he sees me he's got to give em a "squeeze"...he just loves the feel of them...I tell him he's a "closet hetrosexual"!!!!

Enjoy the attention....

Michelia
03-21-2010, 09:09 AM
If u LIKED the stares, or NOT!:eek:

If NOT, sounds like the girls above, have the answers for u!:)

If SO, I suggest size C or D forms!:heehee:

you make me laugh

too bad you do not live around here!

vetobob9
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I went to coffee bean yesterday and today. The first time, they didn’t stare but I heard one of them make a comment which was ok. But this morning it was different people and the girl took a big look but thought I didn’t notice.
I’ve noticed that they jiggle when you ride the bus and it goes over the cracks and potholes. LOL
I’ve also noticed they jiggle when you run too.
I checked the mirror, even with the coat on, they stick out and are very noticeable. I had to take them off in the bathroom because someone who was sitting across from me was staring at them.

I think I have an idea why some women cover them up by crossing their arms or putting a book in front of them. I know I’ve crossed my arms in an effort to prevent people from staring at them. lol

Midnight Skye
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
This brings up a very interesting topic. Normal - slightly overweight men with breasts (Gynecomastia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia)). I had never seen a man like this until a few months ago. And in utter shock in a homedepot parkinglot with his buddy was a medium built man with quite large breasts. There was no mistaking his face and body type matched what I would expect of a man. But right there, probably mid-C sized breasts. And what appeared to be his work buddy right with him getting in their truck.

I was in utter shock myself as this "guy" completely looked to be a manly man type, and smack mounted on him were breasts large enough to make almost any woman proud. Any way I look at it... weather trans, intersexed, or a male with Gynecomastia... it was unavoidable that he attracted a lot of visual attention. But... as reality stands some men have this problem. Pretty interesting, but yeah you'll get attention allright!

kellycan27
03-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Do you suppose that if I went out dressed as a girl and wore a fake beard..people would stare?

suchacutie
03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a 40" chest, and size B forms are rather..well...conspicuous. However, I notice that larger women pull this off just fine, so I then just forgot about it and enjoyed my "girls!"

tina

busker
03-23-2010, 01:26 AM
There is always the "horse's mouth". if you are really curious abut how to handle your forms, you might try
http://www.gynecomastia.org
where there is a forum for men with real boobs who generally hate them. Isn't it funny odd how here on this forum, practically everyone would give their left nut to have "respectable" breasts and must resort to wearing counterfeit boobs, and there, the guys are having surgery to get them removed because people---you guessed it--STARE. Yes, major surgery as in mastectomy!!!!! There are some who deal with it, and of course, there is always the clothing issue--these guys use something like a catcher's vest to hide their boobs and there's advice on bras if your='re intersted, etc and may be worth a look see, to see how the "other half" lives. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I've got B minuses (via the illness route) and generally wear loose shirts but they stil stick out when the wind is against me. I'm not terribly comfortable wearing a bra when I'm outside due to the kind of humanity that lives outside.

The good news is if you live long enough, you have better than a 50-50 chance of developing gynecomastia due to low testosterone (generally for the over 50 gang) or some other medical shenanigans like brain tumors, lung cancer, etc. So be careful what you wish for, you may get it and much else besides.
Mandrake out of water

DeeArel
03-23-2010, 01:41 AM
One reason you may get stares in the placement of the forms on your chest. Often they are worn too high on the chest. The "normal" cup size or smaller form should have the bottom of form align with the bottom of your bicep when just beginning to flex. As you increase the cup size, the bottom should be slightly below the bottom of the bicep.

I wear my forms every chance I get and don't get that many second glances. Love the way they feel and bounce.

Billijo49504
03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Hell, I just tell them that they are my left overs from thyroid cancer. And believe me, they are the lesser of the two.:eek: I also tell them that I was dead and brought back 4 times, I figured I was reborn as a gurl. :battingeyelashes: And they are all mine. No fillers added.:heehee:...BJ

pinkeverything
03-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I split a nipple just recently. Damn. I'm a bit broken hearted over it all.

t-girlxsophie
03-24-2010, 01:17 AM
someone earlier mentioned seeing a guy wearing a Kilt,I would think other than staring because its not an everyday sight in the U.S.(it isnt here either)it would be different from maybe a guy being spotted with dress and stubble,am in no position to judge,but never understood or saw where the benefit is in going out dressed without wig etc I under dress most days but try keep it unnoticeable

Btw Its good way of finding Cross dresser in a Kilt,ask to see if they true Scotsman lol

sandra-leigh
03-24-2010, 02:41 AM
am in no position to judge,but never understood or saw where the benefit is in going out dressed without wig etc

Some of us don't fit into the binary gender mindset. I am not (as far as I and my gender therapist can tell so far) TS (transsexual), but neither am I what would be traditionally understood as being "male". I am mix of male and female, and the mix changes from moment to moment. I am content to refer to this as being "TG" (transgender); others might call it androgynous; some have said that I'm a really a repressed TS after-all. Whatever my label, I feel comfortable living a life of obvious mixed male and female characteristics... though on the clothes side I do tend to female. The goal for me is not to "Pass", the goal for me is to feel happy and comfortable and to enjoy my mix.

So I look (in public) like a guy with a more or less obvious bust -- So what? So it means that I am in some sense "caught" by hundreds of people in a day -- So what? It makes me happy, and it doesn't harm them any. If you are wearing something age appropriate and not too "loud", and you are self-confident, then you become mostly just another background person to most people, even to the children.