PDA

View Full Version : My Strange Dream

Shelby
03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
I had a dream yesterday morning, the kind that happens when you are in a deep sleep so they rarely ever make sense and usually you don't remember them when you are awake. I believe they call it REM Sleep. What I recall was that was wearing this beautiful pink satin gown with layers of white lace all over it. It had puffy sleeves and was very elegant, something like what a Princess would wear. I even recall feeling the sensation of the layers of dress around my legs and the weight of it when I would lift it to move about like a Bride would do. In this dream, I was in a room with lots of people all moving about their business. I recall how I was part of this busy work while wearing this dress but not pretending to be a woman, just a guy wearing a dress and no one seemed to notice or care - we were all focused on something. Then of course the dream ends and the mind wanders onto something else that I don't recall.

After a day of thinking about this very vivid dream, I started to piece together what I recalled. The dress was similiar to one worn by a castmember back when we were in a high school musical. She was playing Bo Peep and she was stunningly gorgeous. I was a Freshman and she was a Senior. During a particular song we would all put our arms around each others backs while in a line like a straight huddle. I remember the feeling of that satin against my hand and I always loved that moment in the show when I would get to touch her. Her dress had a high neck dickie made of lace to cover cleavage and the neck. She also wore bloomers but it had layers of lace ruffles from the calf down. I would dream about wearing that dress and had there been a chance to try it on I would have. Apparently, it was rented or something because I never saw it after that show. So I think I know where my mind got the dress from.

Now the business that we were all so focused on could be explained by a recent event in my life. We had a large fire at my Apartment complex the other morning (no one was hurt and my building was affected). The residents of the building were all out in the parking lot and on the grass and since it was just before sunrise, it was slightly chilly and wet from night rain. Management opened the door to the Community Room in our building and I proped open our security door (who cares at this point). As displaced residents came in, those of us who lived in this building started setting up extra chairs, finding warm clothes, dry socks and setting donated baked goods since it was now morning. We were all working and "focused" on helping our neighbors.

It is odd how my brain paired this event up with this dress. I felt like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind when she was working in that field hospital while still wearing a dress of that time period. The funny irony of that was that I once took a career apptitude test and it said that I should be a Nurse. However, I choose to study Architecture since I don't like medicine, yet I always do well in a medical emergency.

So for all you Frued's out there, what do you make of this dream? Does my career exam results have anything to do with this? What is the significance of me wearing this particular dress as a guy while tending to others mean? I would love to hear what you all have to say.

Shelby

If I can ever find a decent picture of that dress I will share it with you all.

jenifer m.
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
i dont have an answer to thr dream but i can relate to having dreams whare i was dressed as a girl and i just did everyday things,and no one seems to notice or care.god i hate waking up from those dreams.

Bree-asaurus
03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
The only dream I've ever had dressed up... I was jumped and stabbed to death... lol... umm... hrmm... :-(

sherri52
03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't ever remember any of my dreams. I do daydream of wearing a dress and have for many, many, many years

Andy66
03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Maybe you'll draft something medical or safety related? Maybe even invent something cool?