PDA

View Full Version : pierced ears

Dawnn
08-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi all.
I'm thinking about getting my ears pierced. I'm 47 years old, body completely shaved, long hair, and I was just wondering if you thought it would be strange to get my ears pierced at my age? I should say that I have asked my wife to take me out and get my ears pierced and she cannot give me the answer that I want. She just says she doesn't care. I should also say that at work my friends know me as a guy and I don't know how they would react to it. I really want to get my ears pierced so I can wear all of the pierced earrings instead of just the clip ons. What do you think? :confused:

KewTnCurvy GG
08-07-2004, 10:59 PM
You live in LA, then puleeeeze. I can't imagine anyone would blink an eye. Tell 'em you going for the Mr. Clean look or the King and I. People have bones through their heads out there (ok, slight exageration) but seriously it has to be one of the most tatooed and pierced, urban places on the planet (or one of the most). I dunno, I say go for it. But that's me and I'm a GG (or GW as I prefer). Get some input from the grrls here. Good luck and hugs.

jamiesizzle
08-07-2004, 11:17 PM
I have both ears pierced a lot of men do now a days, with your long hair it wouldn't be to noticable and it would add to the rocker look. I don't wear my male earings anymore if people ask I just tell them I did it when I was younge, which I did, left only. I did my right about a year ago with a needle, yikes. I do have one word of warning don't go to a body peircing place thier needles are way to big for a normal ear piercing.

Amelie
08-08-2004, 01:33 AM
NO PROBLEMO, From the way you look, you should already be wearing earrings. They would look good on you. Today, even freakin' football players have earrings, they are so popular no one will notice. And that's the bad part, cause we really want to be noticed. I got ears pierced years ago, the style then was for one ear only. But the shop was having a two ears pierced for the price of one sale. So, I couldn't pass up a bargain, I had both ears pierced.

Teddie
08-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Go for it. I have both of mine done, and don't have long male hair to hide it. The only comment from a family member, was from my cousins two daughters, and they both thought it was "So cool." Remember it's for you, and you're number one.

aprilannette
08-08-2004, 02:33 AM
I have pierced ears and I love them .....I am 56 years old and no one notices mine .....and you get to wear such pretty ear rings too.. they help with the female image your trying to produce and pierced ears is what real women have now to say the least ... I say go for it and no one will really care except you dear .......sincerely april annette

maidtina
08-08-2004, 04:58 AM
I'm thinking about getting my ears pierced. I'm 47 years old, body completely shaved, long hair...

I'd say "go fo it".

I'm 44 with long hair and have had mine done for just 5 weeks.

Most people including my mother and sister hav'nt even noticed.

Of those that have noticed most made no comment or have said that it is nice. One ultra straight friend noticed and flipped, I could tell by his bulging eyes, but since he refrained from commenting I just left him to stew.

If that's the reaction in England I can't imagine California being a problem.

However before you do anything I really think you should resolve the problem with your wife that you hinted at. Does she just not want to take you to have them done ? or is it more that she doesn't want you to have them done at all ?

Jocee
08-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Hi all.
I'm thinking about getting my ears pierced. I'm 47 years old, body completely shaved, long hair, and I was just wondering if you thought it would be strange to get my ears pierced at my age? I should say that I have asked my wife to take me out and get my ears pierced and she cannot give me the answer that I want. She just says she doesn't care. I should also say that at work my friends know me as a guy and I don't know how they would react to it. I really want to get my ears pierced so I can wear all of the pierced earrings instead of just the clip ons. What do you think? :confused:
Go for it.... I had six weeks off this summer and got mine pierced for the first time.... I wanted to do it during vacation, because it's very conservative where I work and didn't want the hassle of questions, comments, etc....

We are roughly the same age :)

And I',m now wearing hoops all the time outside of work..... it is wonderful :)

Bernadina
08-08-2004, 06:53 AM
I got both of mine done a few years back and love it. A few people have commented but its not been a big deal. I think I was 54 at the time. The girl took a lot of time to make sure they were even.

I generally wear small white gold studs with diamonds most of the time as they match my wedding ring.

Oh, and as a suggestion, get the studs with screw on backs for normal wear. Less chance of losing them. I've towelled the butterfly clipped ones down the drain after a shower.

StephanieS
08-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I tried clips and not only do they hurt (really!!) and they never stay on. I recommend getting pierced. Small pierced look so elegant and beautiful. It is worth it. I did it a few years ago and never regreted it.
Love
Stephanie

Teddie
08-09-2004, 02:30 AM
For those of you that don't want to show your piercing holes. They do make a thingie that you slip into your piercing, and cover with makeup. It's made out of plastic. But, you should have the piercing completely healed before using it. They do work.

Miss Sherry
08-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh, my God! I so wish I could have my ears pierced, but I work in an ultra conservative environment, have to maintain very short male hair, and have a vanilla reputation as being very straight-laced (Ha! If they only knew!). I have plans of opening my own business, so when that happens, guess what!! Until then, I'm stuck with gold buttons and red ear marks!

You have long hair, live near LA, seems you would get more notice by NOT having pierced ears

Go for it, but I agree you need to address the GF issue, and respect her feelings.

Sherry :)

DebbieThomas
08-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi gurls
Im 37, I got my ears pierced about 14 monthes ago right before my first time out enfemm. now Ive been thinking of having my ears pierced again. any of you girls have two piercings in each ear? if so any bad/good reactions after the second one?

Huggz
Debbie Thomas

Amber_Chgo
08-13-2004, 06:07 AM
Lots of guys and girls have pierced ears. You can change the earring based on your "dress."

Enjoy.

Amber

clarissa3d
08-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Serveral guys at work have both ears peirced and ware large rocks (diamonds).

This is in Georgia and I dont ge any flack from anyone even when I ware my dangles

Clarissa

Andreu
08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi all.
Hi Dawn ,
I am 50 years old and yesterday I pierced my ears !
I went to the Pharmacy with my wife and did it. I got the piercings done by a man , very professional no any special comment just tried to make its at the same level in each ear and where my wife marked.
Now I am on hollidays till 6th September , then in my work I'll try to hide
the pierced ears with some method , IF POSSIBLE !! , if not I'll haver not troble because I am the boss , anyway I need some help in this subject because if I see some customers I would like to hide it .
Can anyone give me some ideas or ways to hide the piercings.
Thanks for the help.
Andreu