PDA

View Full Version : Savanna GA on St. Patricks Day

christinek
03-18-2010, 11:52 PM
I just did my first St. Patricks day in Savannah GA and I got to say it is an event that anything goes and many men wear skirts of all kinds. My wife asked if I wanted to wear her green eye shadow as well. I painted my nails and such and no one cared one bit. Many people do crazy things for their own reasons and no one judges. It is a great moment for us to enjoy and just be you. Some men wore skirts so short it was a cheek shower, maybe not so much for me.

But some green fishnets and a green plaid skirt are in the mix for next year. Maybe a pair of green flats as walking around for miles is a necessity. Green hair wigs for men was common too.

eluuzion
03-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Sounds like that group has their life priorities in the proper perspective!!

Although I freqently traveled through Georgia by car on the way to Florida, I never took the opportunity to explore any of the state. I had frequent conversations with people living in Atlanta due to my employer having a branch located there.

There were endless stories of really kewl events, people and "entertainment" facilities shared that always impressed me. One thing that was always evident to me was that people in Georgia know how to party and find ways to celebrate anything.

I also noticed there seems to be an overabundant population of attractive people living there. Maybe it is just me, but if it is a over-generalization on my part, I don't care...it's a nice one...lol

Why is is that there are no female leprechans anyway. Somebody brought that up someplace...never thought about it. Now I am curious:doh:

Shananigans
03-19-2010, 01:03 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I've really been trying to branch out and meet fun, open-minded people...but, it seems like I am stuck in the bubble of the south. St. Patrick's Day was a very chill day in Destin, Florida. Hannah and I had a good time at the beach, but we weren't brave enough to go more public than the balcony. And, Georgia...of all places? Haha. I just wish I knew of more fun places to go and not have to worry.

Persephone
03-19-2010, 03:26 AM
I had a great friend, one of the best friends in my life, who was from Savanna and who always raved about the incredible St. Patrick's Day celebrations there. It was wonderful to hear your "second" of his opinion.

Savannah is a beautiful city with a very "laid back" reputation. After all, you have The Lady Chablis!

DAVIDA
03-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Well, now the cat is out of the bag!:heehee:
Now everyone is going to want to come to Georgia!
To be honest, this is a beautiful state.
All of you are welcome!:hugs:

christinek
03-19-2010, 10:34 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I've really been trying to branch out and meet fun, open-minded people...but, it seems like I am stuck in the bubble of the south. Georgia...of all places? Haha. I just wish I knew of more fun places to go and not have to worry.

Atlanta is amazing for the GLBT community, very progressive! Huntsville, not so much! Savannah GA is even more so it is an open town to just about everything.