PDA

View Full Version : Is dressing a "private" activity for u?

docrobbysherry
03-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I've read many posts about CDs sharing their dressing experience with SOs and other CDs. :hugs:

I don't have an SO, and have never dressed in front of anyone. The idea of having help putting on make up, and trying on outfits in front of each other sounds like a LOT of fun!:heehee:

However, there r SOME aspects of my getting dressed, I would feel embarrassed sharing! Even with someone I was intimately involved with! :o

Anyone else feel that way?:brolleyes:

Kimmy55
03-19-2010, 12:22 PM
I would love to have someone to dress with and help with make-up.Be it a male,female,CD,etc.As far as having some aspects of my dressing I would be embarrassed about I cant think of any.

Bobbie Bee
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
For me it's private. I really don't think the little woman is ready for a big woman. In fact, she may never be ready for the big woman.

kaitlin
03-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Private....Never! My wife is 100% involved in my dressing! From A toZ she loves to play, to the point that we were talking a few days ago about "tucking" I can't do that so she helped design a smoothing system using a 2 inch wide ace wrap! She is the greatest!

Ruth
03-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I regularly appear dressed in front of my wife (though I generally get dressed in private). Also I go out in public as Ruth.
I should point out though that I present as a regular middle-aged woman when I dress: I'm not sure what you find embarrassing about your CDing but I don't find my activity embarrassing in the least.

sherri52
03-19-2010, 12:50 PM
My dressing is somewhat private. I'll do all the under items if you don't mind. The rest, I love the attention. Sat. I am giving the attention to another member here. She is having her nail, hair, and makeup done befor getting here and then trying on some clothes for the rest of the afternoon. I'm closing my thrift store to help her along and I'm sure she will be to die for at some point. Wish I could start the day with her.

minalost
03-19-2010, 01:19 PM
My CDing is totally private, but not because I don't want to share. My wife is not too cool with my dressing so I don't do it in front of her, and she doesn't want me to go out in public dressed as a woman.
Work in progress...
:hugs:

boy2girl31
03-19-2010, 01:27 PM
I would love to have someone to dress with and help with make-up.Be it a male,female,CD,etc.As far as having some aspects of my dressing I would be embarrassed about I cant think of any.

And she took the words right out of my mouth. I am not embarrassed easily and would love to have someonbe help me to look more presentable.

Jessy
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
For me, it currently is a private activity. But I hope some day it won't be anymore, and I meet some people in rl too that I can share it with. And I hope I meet a gf that will understand, and support me.

Currently I am single so I don't have to worry about that part. As for friends, I keep them out of it, because I have a hard time trusting people after too many bad experiences. So basically I only have to worry about my house mates, but we all have our private bedrooms so it's not the biggest worry either.

I'm not familiar with the abbreviation "SO", what does it stand for?

Kimmy55
03-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Significant Other

AmberLynn
03-19-2010, 04:16 PM
intrigging thoguht,that would be a lot of fun i think,to have someone to dress with and help with makeup and give tip's. I dress around my so,but never when she is watching me :daydreaming: might be something to try this weekend. we are going to have nasty weather outside so some indoor activites might be fun

Heidi_slave
03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Dressing is an intensely sexual activity for me, but self-consciousness is a big inhibition. I'd be much more inclined to make it a social activity if I looked half as hot as I felt.

Heidi

NathalieX66
03-19-2010, 04:38 PM
OK, I'm Captain Obvious here:

1. If you are someone that socializes in establishments such as bars/clubs/restaurants, even TG support groups en femme, that makes it semi-public...er, semi private, whatever.

2. If you are someone that takes photos & posts them on the internet, that makes it semi-private, in spite of the fact that the whole planet has has access to you....who's that? Other crossdressers?

3. Showing up en femme in a public place, but maintaning your identity secret is still 50/50 out. I could walk Times Square in New York City (which in my case is Houston St.) doesn't mean that those who are aquainted with you know what you're up to.

Wife/SO doesn't count if they're in on it too, and perhaps keeping it secret for you. Keeping it secret from them is where it would get challenging.
I am learning/have learned to use my other side of me as an advantage, since a number of friends already know about me. Some epoeple think because I'm artistic, I'm prone to do something like this, so they're not suprised.

*I am a crossdresser.....Period. End of story.

frisbee_girl
03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Private for me. Probably will remain so. Even though I have hopes/thoughts of going out in public, I still see that as a private venture. If I let someone who actually knows me in on the secret then it would be more public.

charlie
03-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I've dressed with other CD friends and found the experience not embarrassing at all. It helps to have another's help pull up that dress zipper, help you put curlers in your hair, get that top eye brow line straight...etc. The hour went by much more quickly then when I do it all by myself.

Stephenie S
03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Perhaps you all missed Doc's point. Because of the intense sexual excitemnt involved in crossdressing for so many of you, I think it's the "climax" of the experience that would be the part he would be hesitant to share with another. And he asks if there are any others who share this feeling.

So I will start. The answer is yes. I am no longer a crossdresser, but when I was, it was an intensely arousing interlude in my daily life. In the beginning, my crossdressing sessions always ended in some sort of sexual release. That particular part of the experience I also would have been reluctant to share with another.

I did plenty of public activity, but always there was that special part that I kept just for myself.

Stephie

Crissy Kay
03-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I've never really considered dressing in front of anyone else. If somehow my wife found out about me, and if (and what a big if I think that would be) she openly embraced my dressing, I still think I'd be too self-conscious to appear dressed to her.

That is my probem too. Its OK with my SO if I am dressed up around her. I am just too self conscious to do it much.

AmandaBlack
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Completely private for me. Though, I would entertain the idea of dressing with another CD after getting to know them first.

divamissz
03-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I prefer to dress in private, but that's not always possible. When I started I'd share a room with other girls getting ready for our gender support group meeting. When I go to Southern Comfort, I have a roommate. I can pretty much dress anywhere now, with little concern for whatever state of undress or makeup we're at.

newandshy
03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, my dressing is private for now, but just one time I am going to dare myself to leave the house, occationally I do but that is only to run to my car in the driveway or the trash outside lol.

Lauren KS
03-19-2010, 09:21 PM
It's usually private with me. I understand what you mean when you say that you would be a little embarrassed even with someone you know well. My SO knows, and has done it with me, but I typically only dress when I am alone, and I'm fine with that.

jenifer m.
03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
i used to only dress in private even if i was dressed in front of my wife,but im over it now.now i dress,and even apply makeup in front of her.i finally figured out that her and i put our pantyhose on the same way ha ha ha.but yes it was embarrasing at first.but remember the more you do something the easier it gets.

karennjcd
03-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Strictly private. Nobody I see in everyday life would be accepting, and if accused I would deny it only because nobody needs to know, and nobody I know would handle it respectfully.

Maybe someday I will have the guts to go out in public, but for now I need to perfect the image. I don't show my face in pics because there is nothing feminine about it despite the clothes I am wearing. And to make myself look totally feminine takes time AND solitude, which I simply don't have being a single parent and having to go to work on a regular basis. Perhaps if/when my child goes off to college I might get more contiguous time to work on perfecting the package!! :heehee:

Karen:)

Sandy Banks
03-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I'd love to find someone to dress with and would not be embarassed......hasn't happened yet and I'm losing hope it will.:sad:

Annaliese2010
03-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Dress alone, yea. Would I with a friend, yea. Embarrassed about anything about myself, hell no. I go out randomly sometimes, but alone. Would love to have similar state-of-mind TG friends to hangout with and GG friends, straight, bi and lez who are down with a cute lil TG like me :battingeyelashes: ... LOL.

tamarav
03-19-2010, 11:09 PM
It used to be private until I realized who I was. Then the whole world became my playground.

I no longer have any privacy as far as CDing is involved, I am not sure who doesn't know about it, although I don't go around informing people like many that do. I work dressed, socialize dressed and pretty much am in my feminine role most of the time. But, I am still a crossdresser, I am my wife's husband and make sure to share time with her. And yes, she goes out with me and pretty much is totally with the program, and I do her hair and she "borrows" clothes from my closet.

Alice Torn
03-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Dressing, whether in drab, or lady stuff, is strictly private for me! But, being dressed up, in front of certain folks, would be fun. It is the getting dressed and made up, I prefer to do alone.

Shananigans
03-20-2010, 12:01 AM
I remember the first time I saw my SO dressing and I didn't really realize how inexperienced he was in the matter. He had told me a week earlier that he was a CDer, so the next week I'm handing him a bra and I sit down and kind of stare at him. He's staring at the bra. I'm staring at him. He says, "I really don't know what I'm doing with this." Awkward situations :o But, we've gotten less awkward. I think he mainly dresses when I am around...this might have a lot to do with the sexual aspect of it, but it might also have a lot to do with the fact that Hannah might be a mess without my bra and makeup skills. But, you have to learn somewhere, right?

marlacd
03-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Since I became "liberated" by my wife, and can dress around anytime I feel like it, I still haven't too much. I guess that I haven't gotten used to the idea that I can. In as much as being around another CD, I haven't had that oppotunity yet, And I will not give up on finding others that I can do that with. Guess I'm the eternal optomist.:)

Danielle76
03-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Definitely private for me. I think part of the thrill for me is that it's my "dirty little secret", ya know?

My wife, if she ever found out, would NOT be accepting. I don't think I would want to share this with her anyway...I'd be WAY too self conscious. I like my wife to see me strictly as a man. The only way I'd ever consider dressing up in front of a woman is if it was totally just sex, more along the lines of a one night stand or something....

Bree-asaurus
03-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Private right now... but I have a feeling it's going to go public...

Gillian
03-20-2010, 03:46 AM
For me it's private but think my SO does know but ignores it. I would not be able now to share with her due to feeling embarrassed of it and in truth I prefer to keep the fantasy alive in private.

I would love to meet other CD'ers to talk to and express my emotions to but never my family friends.

BRANDYJ
03-20-2010, 05:24 AM
I like to dress in private. I am totally out to my SO, but I do not like her to see me partially dressed. I want her to see me completely dressed and finished. So the dressing part of my fem side is private, but I like to be around my SO or even other GG's or CD's while dressed. But the act of dressing is best left private.

Danielle Gee
03-20-2010, 05:37 AM
In my case, it's a private thing between my Wife and I, however I can't think of any part of it that I wouldn't (or haven't) shared with her.

Danielle

Sarah_GG
03-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Speaking from my SOs perspective (as usual!)... I was the first person my SO had dressed in front of. Stevie said she'd always wanted to share that 'getting-ready-for-a-night-out' feeling and had previously fantasized about someone else being there.

Now the novelty has worn off (for me - it's not so much fun getting dressed up as a woman since I already am one!) and I don't feel the desire to be involved, unless we're really going out. So I might just sit and chat with my SO, or watch the process from a luxurious bath.

She still loves the feeling of me being around and involved even if my role is just to shower compliments and take photos! On the odd occasion that SO has dressed and I've been out, he's felt guilty... as if still hiding a secret.

Still hiding
03-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Dressing is an intensely sexual activity for me, but self-consciousness is a big inhibition. I'd be much more inclined to make it a social activity if I looked half as hot as I felt.

Heidi

Hi.Your reply is pretty much the same for me.I'm wondering if you would like to exchange e's as I would love to talk with someone with those same issues.Hopefully talk soon...

Neutral Fire
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
And this topic is why i need to keep coming here and reading I so can relate to a lot of you. For now it has only been a short while since I told my wife about my cding and still just starting to learn myself what its all about but for now I will agree with the other ladies here it is getting easyier to be dressed around her ( am so in agreance about the "Getting" dressed thing is still a private moment). As far as getting to know cd friends that might take a little more corrage but I am starting to think its a good idea because I think would be a lot easyier to ask another cder to help me look as passable as possibul then the wife since I dont want to rush her and I still think she draws comfort from me being a man in a dress then her seeing me as another women but then again i have never asked.

GingerLeigh
03-20-2010, 08:55 AM
In private. Always, I'm working up the courage to say something to my SO, maybe not everything, but allude to the fact that I'm maybe kinda sorta into that kind of thing.....It would be great if she was accepting, but I would be too embarrassed. I don't know.

Ginger

dawnforever
03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I started crossdressing after I was already married, so I kind of have a different take on this. In a relationship, you cannot have secrets from each other, or they will eventually tear you apart. When you do have someone else to share with, the word compromise comes up a lot, because they'll feel one way and you feel another. If you work over time with you'r SO, you'll eventually come to some middle ground where you meet all of your needs, and all of theirs as well.

Still hiding
03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Thats what I used to think and then my SO (at the time) walked in and caught me with her stuff on...and yeah there was an embarrassment factor but I couldn't help but notice how turned on I was by it.I would put myself in 'situations' where I knew I was gonna get caught by her.I don't have many intentions of going out in public at this time,it still gets my heart racing to think of her catching me now...even after all the years we've been divorced (cd had nothing to do with it).I kinda enjoyed it!!

dawnforever
03-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Thats what I used to think and then my SO (at the time) walked in and caught me with her stuff on...

I'm not saying that I've never worn my wife's clothes, just never without her okay. The first thing anyone ever told me when I began crossdressing, was NEVER steal my wife's clothes. And I guess in your case it was part of your excitement, but every person has a different situation. There is no one answer fits all, because we're all individuals, and our SO's are all different. So I guess the best answer to this thread would be to TALK about it with your SO.

Still hiding
03-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Sorry Dawn,I was replying to Ginger.Oops..

ChloeR
03-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Dressing is a private thing for me at this point. My gf knows I do it and is comfortable with the idea but isn't comfortable with me doing it in front of her just yet... We go shopping together for makeup, clothes etc and she sometimes tries out makeup on me but we both feel slightly awkward about it so it'll be a while before we are both comfortable with my dressing being an open thing...

VanessaVW
03-20-2010, 12:04 PM
i used to only dress in private even if i was dressed in front of my wife,but im over it now.now i dress,and even apply makeup in front of her.i finally figured out that her and i put our pantyhose on the same way ha ha ha.but yes it was embarrasing at first.but remember the more you do something the easier it gets.

Just with gf.

My girlfriend taught me how to put on pantyhose, but that is all I wear around her. If she asked if I'd be interested in wearing more, I'd say yes. Right now, I'll accept what I have since all is well.....

t-girlxsophie
03-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Spent first few years of my newly found freedom to dress (after divorce) alone,still I enjoyed doing it this way.But I love Dressing with my Wife now on ocassion,its a special experience for us and we just love helping each other with our look,and doing each others nails etc

When we have same night off we treat ourselves to Girlie Pampers night,you know the sort of thing facepacks,bottle of wine and chick flick,A lovely way I think to spend a fun night together.I think in my case there is a happy medium between the both.

suzy1
03-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I am totally private in my dressing and I am beginning to think I am in a minority as going out just does not and never will interest me at all.

Raychel
03-20-2010, 04:06 PM
It looks like it will always be a private thing for me. My wife has no desire at all to see me dressed up. And I would bet that the kids really would rather not see that either.

DAVIDA
03-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Jean has seen it all!:D
No inhibitions here. Friends and family that know about my dressing see me dressed if they come to our house.:)
They, however, don't watch me dress.:heehee:

docrobbysherry
03-21-2010, 01:10 AM
I didn't intend this thread to address going out dressed at all. But, some of the replies regarding that, have a different take to them, than I recall seeing before! I'm glad u posted!:)

Dressing is an intensely sexual activity for me, but self-consciousness is a big inhibition. I'd be much more inclined to make it a social activity if I looked half as hot as I felt. Heidi

Hi.Your reply is pretty much the same for me.I'm wondering if you would like to exchange e's as I would love to talk with someone with those same issues.Hopefully talk soon...

I almost gave up dressing before I had even started! I disliked the "man in a dress" image in my mirror so much!:doh:
Then, I began wearing my special faces!:D Yes, it's CHEATING! But, the only person I NEED to fool, is ME! Now, I cheat every way possible! And, I'm VERY HAPPY with the images in my mirror!:o
( I STRONGLY recommend CHEATING! Until u'r HAPPY with YOUR LOOK!):heehee:

I started crossdressing after I was already married, so I kind of have a different take on this. In a relationship, you cannot have secrets from each other, or they will eventually tear you apart. When you do have someone else to share with, the word compromise comes up a lot, because they'll feel one way and you feel another. If you work over time with you'r SO, you'll eventually come to some middle ground where you meet all of your needs, and all of theirs as well.

Yes, I agree with "honesty", Dawn.:thumbsup:
But, u didn't answer the question! Does your wife watch your ENTIRE transformation? Or, only gets to see u as the completed, "Dawn"?:brolleyes:

I am totally private in my dressing and I am beginning to think I am in a minority as going out just does not and never will interest me at all.

There r some of us that have NO CHANCE of passing. I also have no desire to go out dressed! If I DO go out dressed in public, I have to leave Sherry at home!:sad:
That's no fun for EITHER of us! So, what's the point?:straightface:

Jenniferpl
03-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Mostly private for me. My wife supports me and in the past have I worn a lot of items in her presence, mainly to spice things up. However, these days I just seem to prefer to keep the activity private.

NicoleScott
03-22-2010, 09:12 AM
My wife has seen me dressed and made up, but doesn't participate otherwise. I really prefer to do it in private, as it is primarily fetish-based and incredibly arousing. Making up and dressing privately allows me to do whatever it takes to please myself rather than others. It's more exciting to go over-the-top (short skirts, very high heels, heavy makeup, dark red lips and nails, extremely long and thick eyelashes, etc.) than to dress conservatively to pass in public.

Sweeterica
03-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I only dress in private sometimes in front of my supportive wife, i just havnt found the nerve to venture out into the world, at first it excited me sexually ,now however i find it calming,like a therapy,does anyone else find that too.

PamelaRI
03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I've been out shopping and to a day of remembrance gathering dressed, but I've never dressed beyond underdressing in the presence of anyone that I know.

StaceyJane
03-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, it used to be private but since I'm on youtube now I guess everyone can share in my fun.

Bootsiegalore
03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I would not mind having a shopping or lunch buddy! I dress when I can and I go out regularly.

T in AZ

Patricia Jane
03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
My wife knows,has seen me, and offers suggestions which are always good. I go out in the yard and too the mail box. I you love to go out for a drive, and to dinner, but things have not advanced that far.:daydreaming:

Karen Smith
03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Mostly private, although I would love to get better at makeup and have an evening out sometime.

Frédérique
03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Is dressing a "private" activity for u?
However, there r SOME aspects of my getting dressed, I would feel embarrassed sharing! Even with someone I was intimately involved with!

I wouldn’t share this “lifestyle” with anyone, so it is and will continue to be a private activity. I would feel embarrassed trying to explain the whys and wherefores of crossdressing to someone unappreciative, let alone physically dress before them, so why bother? Better to not throw half of yourself (or more) away and feel less of a person in the long run. I don’t think it’s wise to share everything, especially those things that are better off hidden, away from those who may inflict psychological harm. I’ve actually done that and suffered, so I learned my lesson – I keep to myself these days…:doh:

GwenPH
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Well despite wishing it wasn't so, my dressing takes place in private. My GF Knows but isn't excited about it. So despite my feelings of wanting to explore the world beyond my house, I haven't been able to as of yet. It would help to have a fully supporting person in my life to help with getting me confident and out there. But at the same time I'm still fortunate that I don't have to hide it at home. At least holding off going out now, gives me something else to look forward to later.

Lynn Marie
03-22-2010, 06:32 PM
"Is dressing a "private" activity for u?" Not any more, that' why I'm here.

quadres
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Crossdressing has always been a private matter for me. I am only 20 so the time I get for dressing is very limited and at times when I'm alone. I have been in a relationship with a girl for more than two years and I love and trust her enough to have the desire to tell her about that side of me. Although, I do not crossdress in public or desire to become a woman, I crossdress because it arouses me in a way that nothing else does. I want to be able to share that arousal with her one day, but at this point I have no idea where she stands on the matter. What I do know is that if i were to tell her I don't think she will run away. We love each other too much to let something like that get in the way of a relationship. Yet being so open with someone, that you can crossdress in front of them is a big deal. Hopefully I'll get there

Katie1234
03-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Private

AllThingsPretty
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I will dress with my wife ,but I have not gone out (yet)

Dutchess
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Most everybody here knows that for us is is a group activity ,,whether sexual or non sexual . Now that he is on evening shift we try to eat lunch together everyday while he is en femme he tries to stay as en femme as he can when the kids are out of the house ,, even though some know .

AllThingsPretty
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Most everybody here knows that for us is is a group activity ,,whether sexual or non sexual . Now that he is on evening shift we try to eat lunch together everyday while he is en femme he tries to stay as en femme as he can when the kids are out of the house ,, even though some know .

Thats so cool that you two share yourselves like that.

ladyFox920
03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes I would have to agree with that 100%. Listen, I would LOVE to have a nice friend to Dress Sexy With then even go out or maybe stay inside & talk "Girl Talk" with. However, There is some things that I might be a little shy with but I would get over it so we could really enjoy the over all experience.

I would love to find a friend to dress with here in Central Florida and to have fun putting on make up with as well. I am open to a male or female just as long as the friend was non judging and fun to be with.

I am also hoping to start my Hormones soon. I am accepting helpful Donations if anyone would kindly help me become the Best Woman that I can be ! I DO Thank you...

Cary
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
The only eyes that see me getting dressed belong to my cat, and he doesn't care what I wear.

jacques
03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
hello,
for me it is "private" because I dress at home rather than in public. But it is not a "secret" - the two things are not the same.
luv Jacques

kellycan27
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Privately yes...unless of course my b/f wants to watch, but normally he likes to watch me underss :heehee:

Kel

NathalieX66
03-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Private? I've already been in restaurants & bars and stores as Nathalie. Mostly as a group , but I have showed up solo on rare occasions. So I guess the answer is emphatically no.

Some of my friends have already seen pictures of me, though not me in live form yet .

charlytuna
03-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I get dress in front of my wife, who helps me at times, and I still keep it private. I still feel embarress when she around don't know why she know charlie for last 31 yrs.

Melinda Jean
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
It will always be a private activity for me. I can never come out to my wife. Based on past discussions generated by something on a TV show or a news program, it's quite clear I'd be out on the street if she ever knew.

thechic
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
My CDing is totally private,as My wife is not too cool with it,she thinks of stopped.she only knows i ware makeup and do my hair and nails,but Ive always done that.I think my daughter thinks there's something going on.
I go to my sisters and dress as she, her partner and friends are ok with it.and now my doctors knows.
So i do think is is sorta private,semi Closeted.:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: