PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done?

Gemma Rhodes
08-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Last night I had just got dressed and done my make up etc when the doorbell went.

Aaaarrgghh. What should I do. Anyway I decided to ignore it until they went away even though my car was in the drive. I just wondered what you all would do in the same situation.

Maybe one day I will have the confidence to answer it.

WandaJones
08-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Probably would have done the same Gemma. It could have been your next -door neighbour who knew nothing about your dressing, and how would you explain ? :o

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 08:22 AM
I ignore the door anyway, no one but people looking in the wrong place and I certainly am not exposing myself dressed to a stranger for the sake of it.

Toyah
08-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Oh no, no way I just hide an be very quiet and try not to fall over, another good one is to turn the shower on if they are persistant.:nerves:

FionaAlexis
08-13-2005, 08:30 AM
I've done both - depends what mood I'm in - and who I think is at the door. I've answered to the postman and couriers - and, in my youth, to Mormon missionaries. But if I know its my next door neighbour then I won't.

I think you were probably best not to - err on the side of caution. I can get away with walking passed my neighbours in the shopping strip etc. but not at my front door.

Fiona xx

Ashley in Virginia
08-13-2005, 08:36 AM
I would have taken off my pants and answered the door. Who ever is there would be so shocked to see my manhood, that the make up and hair wouldn't even be noticed.

Natalie x
08-13-2005, 08:50 AM
I would have done the same, too, Gemma, but would have hated doing it. Why should we feel guilty about doing something so personal and so completely harmless?

And anyway, I wouldn't dream of just turning up on someone's doorstep without a word of warning, it shows a lack of caring for the person on the receiving end, and I hate it when they do it to me, even if I'm pleased to see the person. I mean, I could be (genuinely) in the shower, in the middle of a meal, asleep or doing something else in bed. Honestly, a phone call to make sure it's convenient is the loving and respectful thing to do.

cosmolovesph
08-13-2005, 09:03 AM
I probably would not have answered either.

Tedi
08-13-2005, 09:44 AM
I've ignored the door more than once, it's usually the mail carrier or UPS with a package. I'll wait till they leave then stick my head out the door to retrieve my package. It's nearly always a new article of clothing or different shade of lipstick, so there's no way I'll just leave it sitting there.
I also have the advantage of a CCTV system, I can see who's in the driveway ,on the front porch or milling around my back yard.
Paranoid! ME!

Angela Burke
08-13-2005, 10:00 AM
First answer the door!

Invite them in!

Carry on with what you were doing before you were interrupted, (check out makeup, ask "does my bum look big in this skirt?")

They'll be running for the hills before you know it!

PERSON AT DOOR SHAKING COLLECTING CAN,
"Doctor Barnardos Home!"
HOUSEHOLDER REPLIES,
"Oh really, and I didn't even know he'd been on holiday!"

(This may not register with some of our colonial sisters!)

Love Angela XX

joni-alice
08-13-2005, 10:06 AM
I hide by the doorside and quickly try to shoo the cat out,then i get on my knees and stick my hand out the door to retrieve the morning paper, and now you want me to answer the doorbell too!!!!!

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 10:09 AM
On your knees? Pics????????? :D

cosmolovesph
08-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I hide by the doorside and quickly try to shoo the cat out,then i get on my knees and stick my hand out the door to retrieve the morning paper, and now you want me to answer the doorbell too!!!!!

Must be murder on your nylons :D

Rachael Warren
08-14-2005, 09:56 AM
I usually get my wife to answer it, people dont seem to be bothered is she is in a dress or skirt. Strange that isn't it, sigh. :D

Rachael.

urban gypsy
08-14-2005, 10:48 AM
I just ignore it unless my wife's in and she usually will answer. slipped up once the doorbell rang and my wife shouted out forf me to answer the door as she was indisposed. poor salesman got a shock but at least he didn't try selling me anything

big opps
joanna

Rachel Morley
08-14-2005, 01:36 PM
If I was fully en femme in the house on my own I wouldn't answer the door. No way! I'd have to speak to someone and that would give me away.

This sort of thing has kinda happened once when I was completely dressed but I had no hair or make up on. My wife Marla was in the house too, when she looked through the peep hole in our front door and saw her sister there, she had to let her in. Where was I when Marla was talking to her sister?....hiding in the bedroom closet! What a wimp I am!

Stephanie Brooks
08-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I posted about this incident in another thread many months ago.

In the days before Alice, one weekday I was home. We lived in an apartment at the time. I don't remember exactly why I was home. At the time I was working normal hours, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 type hours. It was probably a holiday that Tracy didn't have. I decided to dress.

I got all dressed en femme. I was wearing a black watch plaid jumper (dress for our British and Aussie sisters) with a white blouse. I was wearing my wig and, as I recall, makeup too.

Someone knocked at the door. It was mid-morning. I was expecting no one and was NOT going to answer the door. The person knocked again. I still ignored it.

Next thing I knew the door was being unlocked.

It was the maintenance man.

Surprise!

Ever completely surprise a skunk? I did once. I didn't get sprayed; that happens if you scare them. Both our reactions were similar, sort of like seeing each other and backing away as swiftly as possible.

I asked, "Can I help you?" I don't have a feminine voice at all.

He said, "No, I'm sorry, I didn't realize anyone was home. I'm here to check the heat pump."

"No one told me about it."

"That's okay. I'll have the office coordinate it with you."

He left.

It was legitimate. They check heat pumps around that time of the year, and we didn't get a notice. They were good regarding notices, but not great; they missed it once in awhile.

I quickly got over the incident, opened the door again, and offered that he could check things now if he wanted. He politely declined and he continued on his way.

It was funny!

I wouldn't have answered it. I DIDN'T answer it. It didn't matter; the situation happened. It was cute actually.

carson
08-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that the knock could be from Ed McMahon and the Prize Patrol??? :think: :cry:

pertrisha Bradley
08-14-2005, 09:39 PM
hi gemma
I too would run and hide

lots of angels do
that I know is true
for lots of us are very shy
as other make us sort of cry :)

and stay as you are and happy in you self :)

April
08-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi Gemma,

I'd open the door, unless I thought that it might be the Grim Reaper. At my age thats always a distinct possibility. :D

The situation you described made me flash on the song from 1982 called "Who Could It Be Now". It was written by Colin Hay of "Men at Work" (Australian Band). Everytime I heard the song in those days I use to wonder if he might be fearful of opening the door because he was crossdressing at the time.

Excerpt:

Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Who can it be knocking at my door?
Make no sound, tip-toe across the floor.
If he hears, he'll knock all day,
I'll be trapped, and here I'll have to stay.
I've done no harm, I keep to myself,
There's nothing wrong with my state of mental health.

April

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-15-2005, 03:02 AM
Everytime I heard the song in those days I use to wonder if he might be fearful of opening the door because he was crossdressing at the time.

Well I remember hearing an interview with him and the "official" story was that he was dodging bill collectors, being a broke musician and all. But we know better... :D

Gemma Rhodes
08-15-2005, 03:07 AM
The situation you described made me flash on the song from 1982 called "Who Could It Be Now". It was written by Colin Hay of "Men at Work" (Australian Band).

Maybe he was just embarrased as he was eating a vegemite sandwich at the time. :p

Carla_CD
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
LOL - Gemma