PDA

View Full Version : Caught today

marny
03-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Spring has sprung here in Ontario so my wife and I were out working in the yard today and letting the dogs run around.The dogs got quiet, we live on a quiet road, and I'm thinking ' Maybe I should go in and slip off my forms in the unlikely event that a neighbour comes down into the back yard.' Sure enough just as I'm thinking this a neighbour rounds the corner of the house with our dogs that he brought in from the road. I covered up as best I could and went around the other side of the house to get the leashes. When I came back we had a nice chat about his dogs and off he went. No Problem.
Later in the day I mentioned to my wife that maybe I got caught and she said 'Oh Yeah', he was watching you the whole way! I think 'Good! he didn't say BOO!' I'm not hiding anymore, at least at home. next time someone walks down my driveway " What you see is what you get!" ( Flip Wilson as Geraldine for those of you too young to know).

Jessy
03-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Nice to hear that what started as being caught, ended up in a good experience.

To be the first to use Persephone's words, I'm still frightened to drown in the Pink Sea©. But some day, gonna throw myself into the deep as well, and just stop caring what others will say or think. I hope I meet some people in real life that will support me, because that will surely help.

Loni
03-20-2010, 01:36 AM
good old geraldine... those were the days, not to worry about what was said or done for fear of comiting a thought crime.

laugh in was the last great happy days show.

but i am not quite up to speed about letting my neighbours see me, not sure how they would react, only been in this place a number of months...maybe with luck i can be seen next year, hope to "feel" them out by then.

loni