PDA

View Full Version : What effects did you notice

Natasha Anne
08-13-2005, 07:51 AM
I've been on hormones for about a month now. A proper regiment prescribed by an endocrinologist after having seen a psychiatrist for a while.

Anyway, to my question. What aches and pains and things did you notice happening to you as things started. I'm being told by others that they see changes, but I'm at a loss.

All I know for sure right now is that my chest gets dull pains in the breast area i.e. in the tissue, not my lungs or beneath my rib cage. My endocrinologist did warn me that area might become sensitive. That is happening, but I've seen no darkening around my nipple area, or subjectively, any visible difference there.

I've also noticed that as the first month comes to an end, I'm struggling a little to keep up the exercise routine I usually do at gym. I'm not talking about weights, I'm talking about the stair climber. I'm pretty much exercising on the top setting, but am finding it harder to do.

I can't really find a "what symptoms to look for to know things are happening" on the web and was wondering if anyone could mention what their beginnings were like and also point me to some stories/links of real examples.

I don't want to imagine I'm seeing changes when I'm not. I do know a month is a short time for HRT, and I don't expect to see changes overnight, but I'd love a first person account of things they noticed in those periods. As you can imagine, as patient as I'm trying to be, my mind keeps rushing ahead of me.

Julie
08-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Natasha,

Everyone responds differently to HRT. If you notice changes after a month, that's pretty quick. The first noticible change is usually tenderness in the breast. That means they are growing. The nipple will start to grow, then the areola then the breast itself. It's when the breast tissue is developing you begin to experience sensitivity. You'll notice a lump behind the nipple when breast growth is underway.

The skin will soften but it's harder to detect over a short time period. Fat will accumulate in the hips, thighs and buttox, just as it does in GGs. Body hair growth should slow somewhat but won't stop completely. The beard will remain unaffected as will the vocal cords.

Here's a graphic on breast growth:

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/Breast_Development1.jpg

Sierra
08-13-2005, 10:36 PM
For me first a hard painful almond size lump behind the nipples,severe leg cramps in calfs,bad head aches every day for 8 months or so.My up close vision has gone blurry,less oilly hair,urine smell is differant,nails much thiner,hair loss halted,lower libido and maybe more sensitive emotionally.But have got boobs and lady buns and that makes me feel good. ;)My breast quit hurting in the first year.

crispy
08-13-2005, 11:08 PM
pains behind the nipple and itchy nipples started after 3 weeks. My course was just 2 months. the pain and itchy feeling lasted for another month. Now no pain, but the breast growth remains.

I suppose there was some loss of strength, but not so it bothered me.

I miss the pains and itchiness. So cool. I imagined I was a pubescent girl. :cool:

Milla
08-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Im considering getting mild herbal hormones at a natural food store , perhaps some members could help me,. Not totaly sure what to get ,.

ChristineRenee
08-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Been on HRT for about a year and a half now. Experienced very tender breasts early on when they began growing. A slight weight gain. I had days where I felt very much like I was having symptoms that mimiced PMS...other than the cramps of course. Just a general irritable feeling. Skin has softened somewhat and I have gained around the hips...though it isn't quite as noticeable because of my love handles!:p My breasts have definitely enlarged as have my aereolas....I'm a full A cup now and they are kinda pointy! My beard has definitely softened and the shadow takes much longer to reappear after shaving. Never had much body hair to begin with but I have noticed that it grows back much slower and lighter in appearance too. Really very minimal negative side effects...I'd have to say overall that my experience so far has been a very positive and satisfying one.:thumbsup: