PDA

View Full Version : help with thigh highs

turbo5369
08-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone. I like to wear thigh highs, but I can't seem to keep them up. Does anyone know of any brand that will stay up, or what i can do to keep them up. I tried gaters, but they show through my clothes.

Hugs,

Michelle

Ashley in Virginia
08-13-2005, 08:35 AM
There are two types. One is made for garters and the other has a rubber like ribbing on the inside top of the stocking to help it stay up.

Julie York
08-13-2005, 08:42 AM
I made the mistake of putting moisturiser on my legs before the stockings. They fell down and never stuck properly again.

Just a thought.

Phoebe Reece
08-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Sometimes I wear Hanes Silk Reflections Thigh Highs and they stay up pretty well. I must point out that if you want thigh highs to stay up for any length of time, you do have to have your legs shaved.

Sigrid
08-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Phoebe's on the right track... Hanes Silk Reflections are all that I buy. More specifically though, are their Lace Top Thigh Highs... same brand, just a wider lace band on top. These seem to stay up better for me than the regular Hanes thigh highs with the narrower band. I just discovered these a couple months ago and wore my first pair nearly every day for a week and they did not slip once! I even spent an hour on the driving range. Now I'm stock piling them. :D

btw, I'm just under 6' tall, 183 pounds and I buy the size EF.

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Or you could use duct tape

Maude
08-13-2005, 10:25 AM

sounds like one of my redreck buddies fix for everything !

try hanes, they work for me !!!
m

Tristen Cox
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Hanes makes duct tape? Wow there goes 3M :rolleyes: :p

LaceLuvr
08-13-2005, 10:28 AM
i wear vassarette thigh hi's mostly (the stay ups) and never have a problem unless like has been posted i pick up the wrong size. tried a few other brands and the same thing usually don't have a problem myself

Wendy me
08-13-2005, 10:55 AM
i don't wear thigh highs but any time if i put any thing on my leggs to cond. the skin thay would be at my feet real soon....panty hose or tights ...but bare sun taned legs work best....might try some of that med. two sidded tape ....

Stormgirl
08-13-2005, 12:27 PM

:lol:

cdKim
08-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi I am new here. I have always had problems with stay up stockings too!!

I found that if you buy the stockings with the built in garter belt they are pretty good and Vasserette has some pretty ones with lace and they are not noticable under your clothing

Rita Farie
08-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Tristen's right,
Duct tape works pretty good most of the time, but if you want to keep them up for a very long time, use Crazy Glue.

Rita

Maude
08-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Hanes makes duct tape? Wow there goes 3M :rolleyes: :p

i just hate it when i get outed by the main girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's not fair when they have 25 IQ points on you !

turbo5369
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I think Phoebe might have sovled my problem. I do have alot of hair where the bands fit. I might shave and see if that will solve the problem. As for duct tape???????

Hugs,
Michelle

Toni
08-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi Michelle,

The only time I ever had trouble with "hold ups" (Thigh Highs - across the pond) was when I put moisteriser on my legs and once when I bought large ones instead of "One Size". Wear them girl you'll never reret it, they are much better than wearing suspenders, especially if you have a bit of a pot belly!

Carlacd
08-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Have had very good luck with the thigh highs from JCPenny's. The silcone gripers tend to hold up the stocking quite well. Have worn them doing all types of activities, and no problems.