PDA

View Full Version : Wife was out of town this past week so of course did some CDing

Aleca
03-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Assessing this past week was nothing overexciting or really interesting. I dressed up some around the house, outside the house, ran an errand in public in the middle of the day (post office and video return), went to my first support group meeting in 11 years last night. A few things that could have an aftermath effect. Two or three neighbors have seen me dress up, I don't really care about that but don't want them inadvertantly saying something to my wife like "I sure like the dresses your husband likes to wear" etc.... and last night at the support group meeting I met a TG woman who my wife and I always see at a nearby restaurant. The next time we go out to eat there that could now present a problem for me.
But hey, it was fun, it was no big deal really. I guess when you've been closeted so long and life hits you hard enough that you stop worrying about what others think it's almost anticlimatic stepping out. The support group meeting I almost fell asleep in at times. There was a nice stage performance by one of the TG members, a crowd of 50 people, the majority non TG in attendance and filmmakers from the local university, then we met for 45 minutes and talked about a few issues, I was pretty quiet. Most were talking about TS related stuff dealing with FFS, HRT, etc...things that almost get old to listen to after a while. I did back down on an offer to go out to eat with them, that pushed into my anxiety and fear zone. The rest was good.

Shananigans
03-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Sounds like you had well-earned good time. But, I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. The likelihood that any of those events are going to happen to where she finds out are nominal. And, plus, if you keep worrying, she'll probably pick up on that and wonder what the heck you did "wrong" and then you'll be interrogated. So, reeeeelax.

Staci G
03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
I get those fears too when I go out, I live in an apartment complex and when I do get out I have to bee line to the car and back to the apartment, usually getting dressed in the car (skirt anyway) I hang down my head so the makeup isnt noticed ect... Anyway I feel your pain but I feel your excitement because my wife is away for 4 days woooohoooo