PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Doctor en femme

Little Julie
03-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone, I want to share an experience I had recently. I decided to go to a acupuncturist to help me quit smoking. At the first visit she was asking me what things in my life cause me anxiety, well the topic of cross dressing came up (I am still in the closet) and she was so accepting of it and told me she had some lesbian friends that wear men's underwear and that she thinks that people should wear whatever they feel comfortable in. So in the next few visits it seems that all we talked about was Julie. Then I asked her if she would be ok with me coming en femme to the next visit, She said to come any way I wanted. So the next visit I came as Julie and really suprised the receptionist. It was such a great experience to go to the doctor as Julie, I have done it twice now and am hoping to do it at least one more time before I am done. Oh and by the way I have now gone 5 weeks with out a cigerette woooo hoooo!

Bobbie Bee
03-21-2010, 08:10 AM
That's great news on the smoking habit Julie and even greater news about your doctor visits. Wow, wish I could do that, but right now, I can't. I wish you much success on kicking the smoking habit.

Jenny Doolittle
03-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Giggles,,,, Kinda makes you want to see if you have any other little bad habits you want her to correct! :daydreaming:

KarenHiller
03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
A few years ago, I called my health care provider and told them I was a transsexual, and from then on I'd be dressing as my real self when I went to visit their clinic. The girl on the phone was soooo nice about it, and she even said she'd change my gender on their system to female, which I loved.

So now when I go there, I'm put on the side where the women's examining rooms are, and I'm treated just like all the other women patients. I've only had to go there a few times, and I've also gone to see an eye doctor.

So now when I have to go to the doctor, I look forward to it, and I'm sure I look my prettiest!

Karen

ellenwannabe
03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
congrats to you and it must have been such a great feeling to be accepted as you wish to be - wish I could do that - Ellen

CharleneT
03-21-2010, 01:10 PM
cross dressing to kick the habit ... boy if that spreads, life will be a lot easier !!

Congrats on both the courage and the habit kick'n !

:hugs:

jasmine57
03-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats on the no smoking. But I'm thrilled for you going to the doc as Julie. I know it took a lot of courage and I applaud you.

Aubrey Green
03-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow Julie, that is great news all the way around. Me, I have a slight fear of needles. It's a harmless fear, but enough to keep me out of an acupuncturist office. Come to think of it, jamming me full of needles, would probably end that fear wouldn't it!

elaineg
03-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Congratulations on quitting I have not touched one since Sep 17 2000..

Little Julie
03-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am really looking forward to my next visit in 6 days. It is amazing how much more money I have for dresses now. I went out shopping last week (en femme) at the local vintage and thrift stores (my weakness) and bought two really cool vintage dresses. one I am going to wear to my next visit, but I must find the right shoes for it.Oh darn :)

Abbey Lane
03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
It's great you broke that ugly dirty habit. Now your clothes will smell better and you'll add years to your life. Congrats again and good luck in future visits to Doc!

Katie1234
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Great job:) one thing you can do is adopt straight edge as a lifestyle(to help you quit).

ladyFox920
03-22-2010, 11:08 PM
SEE... Coming out of the closet & releasing the shame & just being your true self relieved all the stress & you stopped smoking as a result. It was just all about the stress & staying hidden in the closet, that's all.

I just recently found a good highly recommended Hormone doctor here in Orlando, Florida. My first visit to her, I will be in "Male mode" of course. However, I am told that she is SUPER COOL with us Trans Gendered girls, so I am hoping that after the second visit, I can go fully female dressed & just be natural so I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND how you feel. It's cool girl & congrats to you on quitting the "Cancer Sticks", YOU ROCK GIRL !

jenifer m.
03-22-2010, 11:39 PM
i did the laser acupuncture befor and it really worked.congrats on quitting girl,and congrats on going en femme too.

gypsycookie
03-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm jealous, Julie! I can't find a vintage store down here for anything! I love vintage clothing!