PDA

View Full Version : The nights are getting shorter.

MargaretJ
03-21-2010, 09:26 AM
BST (British Summer Time), kicks in next weekend, so this weekend was the last dark one for a while. I have to admire all you girls who can go out in daylight and into shops etc, but I am still trying to build up confidence, and restrict myself to going out at the weekend, in the evenings, while it is dark. The job situation is bad just now, so I haven't had the money to go out every weekend as I used to, my last real trip out being back in October. However I wasn't going to let this last dark weekend pass, without going out, and decided I would go down to Edinburgh for a walk around last night. I got femmed up, did a good job with the make up, white blouse, grey skirt, barely black hold ups, red scarf, a black coat, and two pairs of shoes, one black, the other dark blue, and it was off to the big city. Started off in the city centre around 10pm, at a spot I often use, but I was really nervous. It seemed so bright that I felt there was a spotlight on me, and I resticted myself to moving only a short distance from the car. I wasn't really enjoying this, so I headed off to another part of the city that I use. This is a park area that is reasonably lit, and I was soon out and about. Having not been out since October, I was pretty nervous for a while, but soon settled down and started to pass people, rather than avoiding them. One aspect of the area I was in that I had forgotten about, was the number of women going about, and this made things easier, and I even attempted some eye contact with passers by without any incident. I am still very wary of passing men though, and tend to avoid men on their own, or groups of men. So after having had a really good time in Edinburgh I headed home. This isn't the end of the night though, as I have to pass through several towns and villages on my way home, some of which I will stop off in, and have a walk around for 1/2an hour or so. One town in particular is nice, as it has an enclosed town square. That late in the night I am sometimes the only one around, and it is so quiet, that the sound of my heels clacking, bounces around the square, and it is really quite a thrill. I finally get back to my home town at around 2am, and have a walk around some of the area, as I wouldn't dare do this at any other time. Then the part I really hate, having to undo all my good work getting en femme in the first place. I sometimes find this aspect of being en femme really heartbreaking, and a real downer after having felt so good all night. I can get away with leaving my house almost totally en femme, but can't get back without the chance of being seen, so I have to go to a secluded spot and get partially back into drab. I finally got in around 3.30 am, washed off the make up and went to bed. I woke up this morning, and my calf muscles were sore, then I remembered what I'd been doing the night before, and suddenly the pain seemed to fade away. So that was probably my last night out for a long while. I hope my employment situation improves soon, as I have really missed going out at the weekend, and some of the confidence I had built up has gone. Oh, if your wondering about the 2 pairs of shoes, the dark blue pair were my first choice, but experience has shown that the heels don't last long, and mine were looking a bit worn so I didn't want to wear the tip right down and damage the stem, so the black pair were to use if the heels wore down, which they did. They'll be off to get new tips this week hopefully. I might go out tonight in jeans and a jacket with a matching top, and it will give me a chance to wear the red heels, which haven't been aired in pulic yet.

Staci G
03-21-2010, 09:36 AM
I am not particularly fond of going out in the daytime either. but I have learned that during the spring and summer I have to deal with it and really work on my make up harder, I am in no way passable mainly because of my height. but that being said I haven't had any really bad experiences. I ahve had the occasional hey thats a guy or whatever but all in all I, like you stay away from men, groups, or anyone that might pose a threat. From your pics I'd say you should have no trouble passing. you are quite pretty so maybe the guys are looking for a good reason. :battingeyelashes:

Ruth
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
It's funny the different ways we regard the dangers involved in going out en femme.
For the poster, the fear (I assume) of being read leads her to go walking round a big city in the dark.
For me, the fear of being assaulted keeps me off the streets at night, whereas I am happy to wander round busy streets and shopping centres in broad daylight because I feel safe. I probably (no, make that certainly) get read a few times but it doesn't bother me, and more important, it doesn't hurt me.
I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong here, just pointing out two very different ways of looking at the risks.

AllieSF
03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Actually, you could turn the negative for you, longer daylight hours, into a positive, time to practice to build up your courage, if you really want to do that. Just go out a little before dusk and get the feel of being out in broad daylight with the knowledge that very shortly that wonderful cloak of darkness will get you back to your comfort zone. Good luck.

jenifer m.
03-22-2010, 12:05 AM
ive enjoyed both day and night outings they are both safe if you pick the right places to go.one place i will say never go is a boweling ally tooo many red necks lookin for a fight.

MargaretJ
03-22-2010, 08:52 AM
It is not really a fear of being read, but more of building up confidence in being out and about en femme, especially walking in heels. I find the cover of darkness or the illussion of cover helps, but in my defence I will add ,that although it may be dark/nightime, I keep to well lit areas. I don't have any problem with passing women or couples, I have been approached by women to ask me directions etc, and dealt with it, and if anybody has sussed I am a crossdresser, no one has said anything. I am not to worried about being read, but as I said, I try to avoid single or groups of males. The stories of being read and accepted by others are many on this site, but I am not stupid enough to believe that everyone will be as accepting or understanding, least of all a bunch of drunken men late at night. I also must admit, that some of the groups of drunken girls going around late at night can be a bit scary. I sincerely believe that I will eventually have the confidence to get out during the day, sometime in the future. I was planning a daylight trip late last year, but the job situation made that financially difficult. The one thing I always remind myself about, before going out, is safety first, and always have an escape strategy.

eluuzion
03-23-2010, 02:38 AM
The one thing I always remind myself about, before going out, is safety first, and always have an escape strategy.

It is refreshing for me to see a post making specific reference to the importance of personal safety always being a priority issue being considered in the CD experience. Since there is a "sticky" thread on the topic, maybe it is not mentioned as often...?

I make a living consulting and teaching people how to keep their family, property, assets and themselves safe at home and in public. After meeting with me. Most of my (confidential) clients realize they were quite naive, compared to their original impression of themselves as being rather knowledgeable and prepared regarding safety issues. It is a typical scenario. People generally do not think it will happen to them, and do not worry about having a "plan" , until they are confronted with it. (too late).

We do not have to be paranoid, just aware and prepared.

just a thought...

love, MOM....hehehehe