PDA

View Full Version : Went to Cafe in a skirt!

Rachel C
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi girls, as I wrote before, I wanted to go dressed to a local cafe but was a little reluctant. But, I decided to finally just dive in and have fun. I wore my long, black wig with a long, black broomstick skirt and a leather jacket. I also wore my 2 inch ankle boots and carried my new Coach bag.

I was very nervous walking through the door, but once the initial stares passed, I began to feel more relaxed. The cashier was very friendly and said "thank you ma'am." I decided to savor every moment - from the slow unzipping of my Coach bag at the counter to smoothing out my skirt as I sat down.

I stayed for about 20 minutes reading a book. One older woman commented on my skirt ("nice skirt") and we had a small conversation. She expressed her admiration for having the courage to wear a skirt out. All in all, it was an amazing experience and look forward to the next one...Thanks to all the girls who helped push me out the door!

Jessy
03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Way to go girl, good to hear you had fun.

dorylinn
03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
The cashier was very friendly and said "thank you ma'am."

When I read the posts here, I'm not only encouraged to be in the company of understanding people, but maybe the big world outside the closet is changing into a more accepting place.

KayleeDahl
03-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Way to go girl!!!

Hugs
Kaylee

girlalex
03-21-2010, 09:33 PM
ye, the more im on this website the more confidence i seem to get from reading all the stories, which mostly have a good ending to them. i guess people are more accepting now days:)
im glad everything went fine.
was that your first time?

jenifer m.
03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
you go girl!!!!! you know id wear a skirt every day if i thought i could get away with it.arent they soooo ****in comfortable? glad you got past the fear.

Diane Elizabeth
03-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Congratulations. I have not had the courage to wear a skirt to a cafe yet. The fear of panic if someone talked to me is too great. I have dressed in jeans and make up (with a ski jacket) to a starbucks to meet a friend. Paranoia sets in.
Keep it up....

Christie ann
03-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for sharing. I think these stories help all of us get over some of our fears of what could happen. You can't beat being called ma'am.

Bunny Girl Zoe
03-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Way to go sister plese you had great time.