PDA

View Full Version : Should I tell my Son?

jenny01
03-22-2010, 01:57 AM
I was having a conservation with my GF tonight and we were talking about my dressing.She then mentioned that it is possible of me getting caught now that I will be out in public and she asked if I was prepared to deal with this. She then suggested that I should think about telling my 12 yr old son that I cross dress. She believes that it will be easier on both of us (him and I ) if I start telling him now instead of him hearing from others or worse, being caught by him.
Him and I have a pretty good relationship. He is somewhat intimidated by me and has a hard time approaching me with some of his concerns. I wish he didn't but that is just how it is. I just have not ever approached the topic with him.

I am just concerned of him thinking less of me. I do lead a manly life. So I don't want to disappoint him or ruin his mentor image that he has in me. I don't want to let him down.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.

Jenny

Charlena
03-22-2010, 06:33 AM
I too am interested in responses to this thread somewhat similar to Jennys. with the added exception my son is a lot like me at that age 25 and I see similar traits (crossdressing). although I am not worried about him telling, really I think I would be doing him a diservice if he is like me? and I dont tell him.

Gina's dress-up
03-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Jenny, my 22year son has been in my closet and drawers and now knows about my cd'ing he comforted my wife about me, she told him to talk to me to this day he has not mention a word to me, i wear panties everyday and my toenails are painted all year long, my 12year son has seen me with my toenails painted and wearing panties, he also told my wife and my sister in law, sometimes i wear women jeans and when my dauther came home to visit i was wearing them the next day she did the laundry and saw they where size 16 she also has not mention it to me. sometimes i feel like telling them about me but i am not sure how they will reponse my wife had a hard time with me we both have been to counseling. she has become aware of how cd'ing is a part of our life's with persons like us. our counsler has ask me to tell me kids before, but i cant find a way on how to start, i'm hoping they start the conversation it will much easy for me since they already know.

Jessy
03-22-2010, 11:08 AM
If you have a good relationship with your son, I think being able to talk about it would definitely be the best thing.

I can imagine your situation Gina. I think they just know, but because they care about you, they don't know how to bring it up, fearing to drive you into a corner. But possibly they will have questions they could currently ask nobody. It's hard, but I really think it's your turn to make a move now.

Teri Jean
03-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Ladies, when I told my daughters I was transitioning they knew there had been changes and they were waiting for me to tell them. Follow your heart as you know your son better than anyone and if it is to tell him do so soon.

Teri

sherri52
03-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Talk to your son. Have your son and your Gf over for dinner and while your GF is out of the room you can have the talk. Your GF will be close at hand if needed but the subject should come up by you. If your relationship is sound with your son he will still love you and enjoy some of those manly activities with you. It is better that you tell him rather than him findind out. I have 8 children and they all know. Seven are fine with it and yes one is not, but he will still go out to eat or to a Bruins game with me.

DonnaT
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Him and I have a pretty good relationship. He is somewhat intimidated by me and has a hard time approaching me with some of his concerns. I wish he didn't but that is just how it is.
I reckon that would be a good place to start. To get him to be more open with you, then ask him if there is anything, anything in the world, he'd like to know about you.

If he doesn't ask about your legs, or other things he may have noticed, then tell him you want him to not be afraid of telling you anything, and to prove it, you're going to tell him a secret.

When I told my son, he said he already knew.

Jessy
03-22-2010, 01:33 PM
...you're going to tell him a secret.
I wouldn't say it that way. It might make you show like not being comfortable with it yourself. And after all, it's just a part of you.

Homosexuality is a different subject but I have friends that are homosexual, and I noticed the difference there. Some guys acted like any other guy, and I found out when they just in a normal conversation mentioned having a boyfriend. That made me feel like they were perfectly comfortable with who they are, and that I could ask them anything about the subject. If they'd start all mysteriously, saying they had a secret to tell me, I'd probably feel less comfortable asking them questions.

Bootsiegalore
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I have an 18 and 15 year old sons. I finally came out to them last year. I dress around the house regularly (and go out regularly to) they seem to be ok with it and many of their friends know. It is funny because the only ones who disapprove and confronted my wife about me take and deal drugs! Go figure. T

t-girlxsophie
03-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I think its better to approach your Son if you think that,through the things you have mentioned that he may on some level know of your Dressing,before he finds out some other way.

I can only caution against it if,you are unsure of the outcome,I can only speak of my situation,My son used to stay at mines,and through my carelessness found stuff that gave him enough concern to approach his mother,So my ex told him exactly what I was,I dont think it was done with malice (though I have thought different on ocassion) well that was a horrible time.I nearly lost him,never spoke to me for months after.I told my ex that I would give It up,if it made decision easier.

Thankfully after this time we were reunited,It has never been spoken of again (and hope will never),so be very carefull what you decide,I hope it all works out for the best