PDA

View Full Version : Survey

Samantha Girl
03-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey everyone :) Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy! I do have some fun stories I need to share, but this is not about that.

My fiance is doing a paper and needs our help! She is studying to be a social worker and is an all around awesome girl. You would be in our debt if you take the time to fill out her survey. Thanks so much for your participation :)

Hey ladies, I am writing a paper on cross dressers for my human sexuality class and would love it if I could get some real life research. I will not see any of your names, Samantha will send me ANSWERS ONLY.Your identity and anonymity will be respected fully. I want to assure you I do not judge you and truly appreciate your time and honesty. This should only take a few minutes. Feel free to elaborate as much or as little as you like and to answer only what you feel comfortable answering.
-Cat

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.

eluuzion
03-23-2010, 01:01 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? somewhere in between

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? No

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No cognitive judgements at all on my behavior.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? If you are referring to exclusively "gay males", we are often viewed as an enigma, with a very few attracted by curiosity. Most gay males by default, are not interested in the feminine traits being highlighted, for obvious reasons.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I have always been viewed as an eccentric, but interesting person with a unique and amusing, but effective approach to life

eileendover
03-23-2010, 01:25 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? no

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no - CDing is relatively harmless, just eccentric

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? don't know - no basis for opinion

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? as a responsible adult who doesn't always fit my gender stereotype

t-girlxsophie
03-23-2010, 02:27 AM
#1 Hetro with homosexual leanings

#2 Yes

#3 enjoys me being femme,encourages me in every way

#4 No,I am hurting no-one,and am still the same person inside

#5 like any other section of society,a mixture of both,most are fine,minority
are not

#6 Cant really speak 4 society as whole,but those that know me,think of me as a nice guy who has interesting side to me

serinalynn
03-23-2010, 03:15 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes
2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
YES
3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not really I have become accustomed to wearing womens clothing every chance I get other than panties, jeans and a ladies tee shirt for work
4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't really care how gays view us.
5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Other than my wife, NO ONE has ever said anything while I am out dressed.

Rianna Humble
03-23-2010, 03:39 AM

Lesbian

No

N/A

I used to hate needing to dress and loathe myself for giving in to the need. This was partly from having been involved with a religious group when I was a teenager that led me to believe it was sinful.

I tried to "shame" myself out of it but only found that the jeers and catcalls were outweighed by the sense of inner peace I got from expressing my true gender.

Since I have accepted who I am, I no longer feel the need to judge or be judged. I also find there are fewer jeers and I can shrug those off.

Those I know personally don't necessarily understand, but don't judge either

Most people I come across accept me for who I am. Society "as a whole" tends to have their view coloured by the gutter press who only ever mention cross-dressers in a negative way

Mistybtm
03-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Polysexual
NO
N/A
No. I am who i am thats it.
Do not care.
Do not know at this point.

Frédérique
03-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?
I am physically heterosexual, no considerations necessary. Mentally I am somewhere in between. Of course, when they see me, most people assume I’m homosexual (see below)…

Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?
No. I live with my sister…

If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
N/A. I may tell my sister some day, but I like to keep secrets…

Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.
Based on what? No, I don’t judge myself, since that would mean thinking like others, and you have to avoid that at all costs in this all too brief life. The individual is responsible for coming to terms with his or her existence, whatever form it may take. For me, it was easy, but others seem to have problems with societal pressures and expectations. I’m definitely one of the lucky ones…

How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?
I have no idea – I really don’t pay any attention to how anyone views us. I mean, it doesn’t mean anything, since I don’t crossdress to be viewed (or even thought of) in the first place. This is a private activity, done for personal pleasure and psychological well-being. If you asked me how I view the gay community, I would say I don’t, but we are usually lumped together with that group for reasons of convenience. Nobody has the time or inclination to make distinctions, and the whole alternate universe of ‘being” suffers as a result…:sad:

How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?
With fear and loathing? :heehee: Really, you can’t make any generalizations regarding society, since they (I assume) are making generalizations about us. We’re all different, just like everybody else. From my answer you may correctly assume that I avoid group-mentality thinking. I know how society views us, but, once again, it is completely meaningless – the world at large is excluded from my private world of crossdressing, and I keep it that way…:hmph:

GingerLeigh
03-23-2010, 04:12 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? No

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I used to think it was rare, odd, and perverse. I know now it isn't quite so rare, yes still odd, but not perverse.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't know anyone in the gay community.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? They think I'm a weirdo.

Ginger

Laura J
03-23-2010, 04:18 AM
heterosexual

Yes

Yes, possibly not the extent

Yes, Why can't i be 'normal' for my SO

Dunno, never asked. I assume the same as most of the rest of society does.

Somewhat strange.

BRANDYJ
03-23-2010, 04:46 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? somewhere in between but much more hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? YES

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? YES

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. NO

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? ACCEPTING, BUT NOT SUPPORTIVE

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?LIKE A NORMAL MALE AND A GOOD GUY

Rachel_Red
03-23-2010, 05:22 AM

heterosexual (as in I'm a genetic male who is engaged to a genetic female)

As stated above yes

Yes, she is fully a part of it

No... Funny thing is some would say we might feel something is wrong with us, however judging on the shere ammount of people on this site (and those not) worldwide I think its a growing trend.

I'm not sure I've not encountered any gay people and told them about my lifestyle.

I think humanity is a very confused group of animals. However how do they view me. I'm not sure, various people view me one way or another. I think as a whole I'm probably misunderstood more than anything. Generaly I do my best to blend in and not draw to much attention to myself.

Shari
03-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Hetero but Strong feelings toward bi, particularly when dressed

Yes

Yes

Most of my guilt feelings are long past.

Don't know and don't care

A square peg trying to fit into a round hole. We're most definitely on a different level than the norm.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.[/QUOTE]

Renee_E
03-23-2010, 05:43 AM
1. Somewhere im between
2. Yes
3. No, I accept myself.
4. They consider us as not belonging to the LBGT community.
5. I am and always been viewed as being different from the rest of the male population.

Carroll
03-23-2010, 05:44 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Nope

Not sure

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? As a freak

erickka
03-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Let's see here...
1. Hetero. I love women!
2a. Yes. 26 years.
2b. Yes, but NON accepting.
3. Not actually, I used to feel guilty, but after coming to terms and accepting
that it is a part of me, I am comfortable with both my masculine and
feminine sides. It strikes a balance in my life.
4. Probably a lot better than the general populus. The gay community has
had lots of struggles in society, which have been helped a bit by laws
that have been passed to protect their rights, so they know where we
(crossdressers) stand, since we are viewed about in the same category
as the gay folks. I have a few gay friends, and they are no different to me
than my hetero friends. I love and respect them all equally.
5. Society , in general, is composed of many different folks. I think it depends
on where you live. It seems that small rural towns are a lot less tolerant
of things or people that aren't "normal" ( someone please define this word)
than a major metropolitan area. I think society needs a lot more education
in the area of individuality and cultural diversity.

DonniDarkness
03-23-2010, 06:53 AM
A:Heterosexual
A: Yes, a wife of 8 years
A: Yes, i am open in our relationship, she tries to be as supportive as she can. Yes she knows the extent of my dressing. Although some aspects still creep her out a little. I personally am still closeted to the rest of the world.
A: Good Question....YES, let me explain, I find myself putting my crossdressing behaviors in same stereotypes as the rest of the world does on some days. I wake up and feel gross about who i am on some....and some days not. Really unsure why i judge myself like this. Maybe its society's conditioning that has brought me to this place where i feel unaccepted even to myself. When the truth of the matter is i have judged myself harsher than any other would for my crossdressing. I learn more about this the farther i walk in my heels, even if it is in my own house
A: Poorly as individuals, supportive as a whole. My gay friends dont even know about my crossdressing and will be the last to ever know. I have often heard them make comments about other CD's they know and it was prolly the harshest view i have ever heard on the subject. Harsh enough that i cant even post the convorsation in text.

A: Well society has never had a chance to view my femme side personally and i have yet to do so because of the fear of being ostracized by my friends and loved ones who do not fully understand my lifestyle

aggi123
03-23-2010, 06:57 AM

- Somewhere in between

-Not currently

-N/A

-I used to, but then I accepted this as a part of myself. After that, it sort of faded away and am currently "at peace" with this aspect of my life.

-I feel like they are accepting of us.

-I'm not completely out yet to the public, so I would assume they view me as just a normal person.

Staci G
03-23-2010, 07:00 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual in a dress or out.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Married
2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? She has caught me and threatend divorce and outing me to family and friends, as well as the church.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I have the guilt of sneaking around because of answer 2b. but I am proud to be Staci other than that and I think God is my only judge. I get judged by my wife a plenty. So I have to say No.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I am not sure on that I have not been around gays or lesbians while dressed, I know the ones I have talked to on here have not been judgemental. Thats not to say some might be. But thewn refer to answer 3.

I have had positive feed back from the people I have met while dressed, although I have seen some stare in bewilderment. or at least confused. Society that I have come in contact with while dressed is generally women and say they feel I or anyone else should be able to wear what they please, Then there are the ones that (like my wife ) think we are a bunch of freaks.
I hope this is not confusing to you as it is to me but I have run into both ends of the spectrum.

Mackenzie
03-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Here you go...

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? I am totally a heterosexual.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? I am married, 30 years!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, my wife fully knows of my crossdressing and supports it.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Yes, at times I do. I wonder why I so enjoy slipping out of "male mode" and into Mackenzie. I realize that I have a very strong feminine side that enjoys expressing herself.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't know, I have never asked a gay person what they think about crossdressing.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I have been out in public as Mackenzie, but to the best of my knowledge, I have passed fairly well. I have not had anyone say anything bad to me, just treated me like another girl. However, I think society as a whole would look down on crossdressing as something wierd, associate us with gays or another group.

Jennifer_Ph
03-23-2010, 07:13 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? I am married to my incredibly awesome wife.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes she does. She doesn't 'love' it but accepts all of me as long as I am honest with her. And I am.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No. It'd be like judging myself for my other hobbies. It's just part of who I am and I am comfortable with it.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I think it depends on the people involved.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? They view me exactly as I've been viewed all my life. My clothing does not change who I am.

Gizmo, Debbie
03-23-2010, 07:37 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? What is it they call it when people aren't interested in sex? I have no sexual preferance because i'm not interested having sex.( maybe i just haven't found the right person with the key to getting my sex drive started?)

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Nope. Single and always have been.
2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not now that i have finaly accepted who/what i am. I used to think it was wrong and stuff but not now.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Not being one for hanging around pubs and clubs let all being active in the GBLT scene i have no idea.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Not realy sure? We done something at college a while back where by we were to describe the others in the class. I can't realy remember the responses i got but among them was always willing to help, good sense of humour and caring. under all that i think people would say eccentric? and i dunno what else?

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.

Hope this is of use to you and good luck with the class / studying.

Sophie_C
03-23-2010, 07:49 AM

Deep down inside, I'm probably a heterosexual woman. But, the whole thing is a trip, and even though people believe they can separate gender identity from sexuality, I think it's not exactly that simple.

Not at the moment.

N/A

While in principle, I think nothing is wrong with it (it harms no one), given society's reaction, it does harm many people by proxy, so I consider it my personal demon.

I have many gay friends and they'd probably not like me saying this, but it's the truth. They talk a lot, and pretend to support us, because of the "GLBT" thing, but in reality don't "get" us, don't "understand" us and consider us as "freaks" making it harder for them to make further "progress." That's why they throw us under the bus whenever they get the chance to (ENDA bill... hmmm?)

They generally believe we're ALL gay people in denial and having that denial manifest itself in this physical display we do. It's also why they only support drag queens, and in that, slightly, since it's more of an exaggeration, almost a mockery of women, and not an actual expression of femininity to them. While the trans community was fundamental from the start, in the actual Stonewall riots themselves, that seems to be long forgotten.

I think society views the trans community as freaks, akin to having a mental condition (including me), but... is fascinated by girls who are able to transition and be truly passable (even though they won't ever admit to it). A human being going from a caterpillar to a butterfly, whether it is shedding 500lbs or becoming the woman they are, blows people's minds, no doubt. That being said, the gay community still sees those people as gay and in denial, even after fully transitioning, being married, adopting kids, etc.

gabimartini
03-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi Samantha, I sent my answers via email. Good luck to you guys!

Elvira
03-23-2010, 08:18 AM
1. Somewhere inbetween. 2. Yes i have a girlfriend. 2b. I told her right from the begining and she has always been supportive. 3. I used to feel silly after getting my kicks out of crossdressing when i was younger but not anymore, i don't judge myself for revealing who i truly am on the inside 4. I've been to the Johannesburg gay pride parade and i got on very well with all those beutifull people. 5. Society would probably think i'm gay , weird or a freak!

Jenny Doolittle
03-23-2010, 08:48 AM
1. I am somewhere in between I guess. Or maybe heterosexual for the gender that I am?

2. Yes, I have a partner.

2-B. Yes, She knows of Jenny, is tolerant of her, but in reality wishes it were not the case.

3. I used to worry I was the only weird one out there that for some reason wanted to be like a girl. (before internet) I have since accepted who I am and really like that person. Someone posted once if a pill existed to NOT be a CD would you take it? Not on your life, I feel I am blessed to be able to experience the feelings of both genders.

4. Can't comment other then to say as a minority struggling with acceptance I would hope they would be favorable.

5. Un-educated, accepting to a point, If a person has the oppertunity to actually know and interact with a cross dressing person their is a better understanding and acceptance.

Jessy
03-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Hetero

No

N/A

I have accepted that this is who I am, the feminine side is just a part of me. But I do hide this part in public for now. Still, I know that some day I will come out of the closet.

Although I haven't been out being dressed, I did have contact with the gay community. They definitely seem more accepting. Although I accept them just as much, I can't say I find it logical that crossdressers are often placed in the same group as the gay community. As you can see at the first question, I am hetero myself.

Can't say, because I haven't come out in the open yet.

Cassandra Lynn
03-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey everyone :)

1. Hetero
2. No
3. No, gained self acceptance already.
4. Haven't a clue, but they should be accepting.
5. Abnormal
Hope that helps. :) mj (Cassie) :)

EnglishRose
03-23-2010, 10:57 AM

Heterosexual in that I'm attracted to women

Married

Yes

No, even when I was a child. It was just something I did.

Everyone has their own opinion, no matter what their sexuality. Views run the gamut from open armed acceptance of what can be seen to be another minority, to views that MtFs for example are simply men exerting male dominance over women in another way.

Probably as some hippie father (When I'm out and about, it's usually with my son; I have long hair and usually dress very casually). I am extremely interested in seeing how it would see me presenting female while being as tall as I am, and I think it would be fun. I used to wear only black and laughed internally about how nobody would ever sit next to me on the bus. :)

Alice B
03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
1. Hetro
2. yes
2b. yes
3. I do not judge myself and accept that I like to dress. The only thing I judge is how good a
job I do at presenting myself. I do not think any less about myself
4. From what experience I've had or seen I have found acceptance. I know there is a
segment of the gay community that is into the drag queen scene and I've know one or
two of them, but total acceptance is all I've experienced.
5. Society as a whole can only be defined within the world I live in. In that world very few
know that I am a cross dresser, but from those I've had total acceptance.

Billijo49504
03-23-2010, 11:51 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetro

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Sure does, she buys me clothes.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.No It's just me

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Just tolerent her in my area

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I don't think they understand us, so we are kind of a oddity. Like the gays were 30 yr ago.

TNRobin
03-23-2010, 12:17 PM

Definitely heterosexual

Yes, a girlfriend that I've been dating for a bit over 2 years nows.

Yes, actually I had stopped crossdressing for about 15 years after I got hurt in a parachute accident in the military that left me in a wheelchair as a paraplegic. One day she brought up dressing me in some of her stuff, later that day we went shopping and I got a couple of things of my own. Now I have a whole closet full of clothing and shoes and a dresser full of underthings and nightgowns. She's obviously fully aware of my crossdressing and enjoys it when we go out together with me all dressed up. Of course she still enjoys me as Robert as well.

No, until I saw this question I'd never really thought about it, though my family doesn't know and might well judge me if they found out.

I went to my first gay club a couple of weeks ago and they seemed quite accepting, probably more so than the straight community, though I've never heard any negative comments or had any problems around straight people either.

I was really hesitant to go out the first time because I was worried about this, so my girlfriend and I went for a drive. She stopped at a few places and I stayed in the car while she got out and took care of some errands. I was really surprised that no one looked at me strangely. We used her car, but my handicapped hang tag, so we were parked right at the very front where everyone coming in and out could see me. I kept waiting for someone to point and laugh or yell something, but no one really paid any attention to me at all except for the usual glances that people give each other. When I've been out no one has been rude or anything like that, though I have had a few college students give me a look or two; more of a "there's something different" than a real stare. So I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if you're polite and somewhere close to passable (no beard with a dress) that I'm not going to get any really odd looks, though I'm sure that some people have come home after an evening out and told their spouse or friends that "they saw a crossdresser."

AmberLynn
03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? yes she knows full well of my dressing,and is very excepting of it

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Yes,i judge my self based on the fact that being raised i was told anything out of the normal beatin path was wrong "ie being gay,crossdressing ect"

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? For the most part i think they wonder if we are gay and just trying to hide behind feminimity,but for the most part i dont they look down on us

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I think they view me as un natural,a flaw in there perfect world.

Carol Sue
03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Strictly Hetro

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Wife of 40+ years.

still in the closet. She doesn't know as far as I know.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Somewhat. I learned at an early age 55+ years ago that cross dressing was socially unacceptable. Have never been able to overcome that stigma. Don't really care when I am alone.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Too general a question. I would guess that some approve, some don't approve, and some don't care.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Society only knows me in drab. As a group I think society views crossdressers somewhere between gays and pedifiles.

sherri52
03-23-2010, 12:23 PM
1. Heterosexual
2a. No Divorced twice
2b. They both did
3. No
4. They tolerate us. They can't understand why we dress if we are straight
5. most think we are gay and about 20% of women think it's cool

suzy1
03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?= 100% heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?=no

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer=.no, why should I. I am not doing anything wrong and it gives me a lot of plesure.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?= no idea.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?=as a weirdo, sick, in need of help, homosexual, everything I am not and some of them are.

Lynn Marie
03-23-2010, 12:37 PM
No!

charlie
03-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone :) Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy! I do have some fun stories I need to share, but this is not about that.

My fiance is doing a paper and needs our help! She is studying to be a social worker and is an all around awesome girl. You would be in our debt if you take the time to fill out her survey. Thanks so much for your participation :)

Hey ladies, I am writing a paper on cross dressers for my human sexuality class and would love it if I could get some real life research. I will not see any of your names, Samantha will send me ANSWERS ONLY.Your identity and anonymity will be respected fully. I want to assure you I do not judge you and truly appreciate your time and honesty. This should only take a few minutes. Feel free to elaborate as much or as little as you like and to answer only what you feel comfortable answering.
-Cat

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? YES

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. FOR MOST OF MY LIFE I HATED MYSELF FOR DOING IT. NOW I JUST THINK OF IT AS PART OF ME.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? THE GAY COMMUNITY THINKS WE ARE AS WEIRD AS THE GENERAL SOCIETY DOES.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? AS SOON AS PEOPLE TALK TO ME AND INTERACT WITH ME, THE FEELINGS OF STRANGENESS GO AWAY. I'M FRIENDLY AND OPEN DRESSED OR NOT. OFTEN PEOPLE SAY I'M DIFFERENT AND WILL JOKE AND BUY ME DRINKS (WHEN DRESSED).

I have answered the questions, but the forum will not accept just the answers as such. Since I must give a longer answer, let me hope that your project is successful, informative and that you get an "A"!

Amymonroe
03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? hetero but often concidered being bi.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? big supporter.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no i don't. i like who i am i just wish i would come out of my closet.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? i am not sure but i would hope that they would be supportive of us as i am of them.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? i feel miss understood and a outcast. i just want people like us to be accepted.

5150 Girl
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Very much a heterosexual!!!

Not only does she know, she often picks my outfits, and goes out shopping with me!

I used to, but I'm over it now.

I don't know, and don't care much, however I do know my gay stepson, and lesbian stepdaughter are cool with it.

Somtimes I think people respond better to the fem me than the drab me. But I think it's because my femself is more outgoing. But then again, I pass prety well. I tryed somthing new one time that caused me to not pass, and I seemed to be a side show attaction

StacyCD
03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? hetero!

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes. Probably not the full extent.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No. I have finally come to accept this part of myself.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I know some gays the heterocrossdressers are really not part of the GBLT group because we are only 'pretending' to be women.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Mostly as a curiosity.

Kath
03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Possibly somewhere inbetween depending upon my feelings when dressed

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, does not approve and has no idea as to the extent of it.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Used to. Not anymore, I am a crossdresser, it makes me feel good and I will always be a crossdresser.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Don't really know. Have heard they are put off by us.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Me in drab OK, Me as a crossdresser weird. Just happens to be who I associate with. I always wonder how many may also have on ladies panties though. Bet it is higher than the average bear would expect.

WandaRae2009
03-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Hetererosexual - no sexual interest in men
2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?yes married 25 years

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?yes, but doesn't like it

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.No - I used to but I have come to accept who I am and embrace my femme side

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?dont know - only what I have seen on this and other sites that some do and some don't

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Most of society would not accept, but I think it is improving and more people are becoming more accepting of people that fall outside the "normal".

msniki48
03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone :)
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? biologically i am hetero, as a woman, i am lesbian

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?i am married

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?yes she knows i am transgendered and is supportive

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.i guess by not feeling i can just go out and be a woman without reprisal, i guess in a way i am judging myself

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?i believe they feel there is strength in numbers,[being part of the LGBT community] but not all are supportive

since society does not know about me as transgendered, i can't say, but those close to me that know about me are generally supportive

:hugs:

PS: feel free to send a copy to me at niki335@hotmail.com

thank you

Beth Wilde
03-23-2010, 02:02 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Homosexual - Only men, though I do like other TVs

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No, I used to, but realised that this always has and always will be part of me.... The only person who's opinion of my dressing really matters is me.... And I like it!

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? As a gay man, I go to gay bars and clubs as both Beth and a man... They are certainly more tolerant, although there are always a few who don't understand. This can normally be corrected by 5 minutes explaining it!

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I feel societies approach now is where gay men were about 15-20 years ago... A lot of people seem to see it as wrong and some are disgusted by it. I am an openly gay man with no problems at all (even in my UK military job), but only a few of my friends know about Beth..... I am working on it, and those who know about it, also understand and do not judge me. Society will only change if they see more of us and learn about crossdressing in general. It will happen eventually...

Wen4cd
03-23-2010, 02:11 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? SIB

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Yes, positively. I feel it is a beneficial way to self-explore and develop repressed traits, to come to know lost aspects of the total self.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Much as any illusory 'community' identity views perceived 'outsiders" - as outsiders, perhaps as fence-sitters, with one foot in mainstream culture, and the other foot in their playground.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? N/A There is no such thing as "society as a whole," at least not in any capcity to "view" me. There are only individuals with that capacity.

anda_mouse
03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
in guy mode hetero. dressed up bi.

no

no. never told anyone.
i judge myself for feeling insecure about it
well where i am from i know they dont seem very supportive of them. just call them *****s and say they bring down the community
well since i am not out i dont think they view me any which way.

Lynneth Lee
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Heterosexual

Yes, wife

Yes, doesn't approve

Not now. When I was young I thought it was a sin (Mothers influence), but now I know there is a woman inside and I embrace her, love her and will not change

I only have known a few gays, and they do not seem to care for us, at least that is my impression

I think they believe I am a deviant and that there is "something wrong" with me. But they just don't know, do they? :)

NANETTE FAYE

Being Paige
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
1. hetro as a man and bi as a woman.
2. yes
2B. yes to the cding, no to the extent.
3. yes there are times.
4. as a totally different community.
5. viewed as not normal and gay.

Lorileah
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes. Since I really don't believe in absolutes in human psyche in between
yes
Yes, knows totally
Yes, sometimes I am just not as pretty as I would like to be. If you mean do I hate myself during or after. No. Never have that I remember. I question why. Why I feel the need to do it and why society doesn't accept it.
Mostly tolerance. They know what it is like to be outside and they (in general) don't make judgments. A small sector exploits crossdressing to make a mockery of the clothing and feminine traits. This is the part I would like to see just disappear. They don't help us in any manner. The only positive they do is raise money for charities. But it is these people who get the spotlight when it comes to the public seeing anyone who is transgendered in any manner (they are usually not). The majority of gays and lesbians wouldn't lose any sleep if we went away, but they try and be social. We are not on their radar.
5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?I assume this means when I am "dressed" and not 100% of the time. When I am out in public I have never had any negative comments or looks. I have had many positive comments. I have never had any prejudice toward me but maybe that is because I don't go to areas that invite such behavior. Those places in the big scheme of things are only about 10% of the whole world anyway. In general society has better things to do than worry about what I wear or what I look like. And as to those 10%? I have better things to do than worry about how they dress or what they drive or what hey put inside their bodies. It seems to work out well that way. Honestly as far as I know (I'll ask around more if you like) society usually treats me the same no matter how I look. Just as many hold the door open for me as slam it in my face...I just get more smiles when I wear a skirt

LaceyNicole
03-23-2010, 03:45 PM

I am Hetero

Yes

yes she knows, is very accepting at times, but usually seems to deal with this side of me

I feel shame for it, mostly because I have asked my wife to keep this secret for me, and that it could embarass her and our kids someday.

The one gay male that I know has openly hit on me and says I set off his gaydar but he can't figure out why. I am not out to him as he has openly bashed "those cding freaks"

as a manly man, and has very few clues otherwise. I dont watch sports, or go fishing, but have had painted toenails for long periods of time, I think people a afraid to bring the toenails up as they may think it may cause a confrontation

Hope our answers help

SAMANTHA727
03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I am heterosexual never met a guy I would like to kiss. I think if I were born a GG I would have been gay.

Yes I have a partner in life

She knows and sees me dressed and lets Me know if I am doing good as far as getting passable.

I did judge my self until I came out to my wife, I think it was because I felt like I was not honest with her.

I have never met a guy person to talk to about this but I would hope they would be understanding as I am about there way of life.

I think society as a whole thinks I am a pervert some one to keep there kids away from. I have never hurt a child or woman in my life and I cherish them both I put them both way above a man on every level. I hope some day that could change we are the way we are and that don't make us bad.

Hope this helps Samantha

Jenny Aurora
03-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Somewhere in between

:sad: No

My ex knew and was very supportive of it (it was simply a online thing but the most fulfilling). Not long after telling her, she actually brought it out of me and things just grew from there. It felt natural and it was like, as the relationship grew, I grew. After that, I do not think I could not be in a relationship without them knowing the real me

Yeah, its almost like a love hate relationship. I go phases of feeling guilty and hateful towards myself and all kinds of negative. I have a bad habit of trying to see myself through other peoples eyes and end up only seeing it bad.

My friend is gay and he is very supportive and totally accepting of me and puts up with a lot of my nonsense. I had a gay friend in college too but he..just could not understand and it seemed like thinks it was just one big joke. It might not of helped that he was friends with a drag queen who he made fun of too. It was so hurtful when he said to me that he did not want me to be a girl...
I'm not saying everyone in the community is like it, but it seems a lot of them are actually quite closed minded and see things the way they want to. I think my friend was just a bad example though

I feel quite invisible to most of society. I could not say about how society around me reacts to me since I hide everything away although it does feel like I don't fit in, even if I am pretending to be a boy. It's like everyone has their own place, role, but being like this I kind of slip through. I used to work in a supermarket and the boys were always such..well, stereotypical men around each other so thats a no go or they would just swoon other the over girls. The girls seemed only interested in the popular guys or their own little groups so everything seems kind of segregated? I found that the older ladies there were very friendly and it did not matter who you are (not that anyone knew) or where you were in your life. They would talk with everyone :)

Taylor186
03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? yes

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. sure, but no longer in a negative way

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? for the most part they see us in the same way as the straight community sees up

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? 99% of the time they see me as a normal male

Samantha Girl
03-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh My Goodness! Holy crap! Thank you all sooooo much! :D I cannot believe the response, you are all awesome! Me and Cat are blown away and so thankful! I was a bit worried about what the response would be, silly me! :)

Oh, it was pointed out to me by Cat that I never filled out the survey! Whoops! :p Sooo...

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? 90% heterosexual, with some Bi fun from time to time

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes. My fiance Catherine :)

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, clearly :p

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Sometimes I worry if I'm spending too much time on Samantha stuff, if I'm being selfish. I try to keep a balance. Sometimes feel shameful, well, I used to feel that way, not so much anymore ;)

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I'm not sure. I've only been out a few times. As far as I've heard they are very welcoming with a few exceptions here and there

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? As a weirdo, a freak, gay, and not a real man. I don't believe everyone thinks this, I know people who don't judge me. But conventional wisdom is we're freaks

Thanks again everyone for participating and helping out my love! :)

lee in a skirt
03-24-2010, 04:52 AM
More hetero than homo but definitely somewhere in between.

Yes engaged to a female

Yes and she accepts it.

A little bit sometimes as I can feel real down or angry with myself.

The only encounter i have had is when a bi male said he didnt want anything to do with me if dressed.

As i am very much in the closet most of my friends or colleagues think I am more macho and rough and ready therefore have no idea

tricia_uktv
03-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi Samantha,

See below

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? We are all somewhere in between!

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Not now, but my ex does know and supports me

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? They enjoy us. We are fun and we are not threatening.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I am amazed at how well I am treated. There is always the odd idiot but in general people are hugely supportive.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.[/QUOTE]

Sedona
03-24-2010, 05:33 AM
Heterosexual

Yes, a wife.

Yes, told her six months into dating.

In the sense that I feel positively or negatively about myself, no, not at all. When I was a child, yes, I thought I was doing something wrong, but as a middle-aged adult, I pretty much just accept it as the way I am.

Don't know, haven't done enough research to know.

Fine! But, I'm not out (except to my wife, a couple of friends), so don't have any experience with dressing in society. While I don't judge myself negatively, if I went out dressed, I would anticipate some negativity during my workday, as I'm around a wide range of people daily.

jasmine57
03-24-2010, 08:41 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No, I've accepted and like who I am.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I think they think of us just like the hetero community. It's almost like being a 3rd gender.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I think society as whole puts a stigma on anything out of the norm, and I fit that bill. But as long as I'm happy with myself, I don't really care what society thinks.

KarenCDFL
03-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Samantha,

Glad to help.

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? In between

Yes: Extremely Supportive Wife of 15 years!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, told her before we married.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not at all. I am who I am!

Overall I feel the Gay community disdains Cross Dressers as much as society disdains them.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? It depends on the group. Progressive thinkers are usually pretty cool, Conservatives think we are abominations to their Deity of choice.

kaitlin
03-24-2010, 10:45 AM

I am bisexual

Wife

She knows and is very involved!

I'm not sure that I "judge" myself. I know who and what I am, I know I'm different
than other men because I choose to be!

I have a few gay friends,
most don't care one way or the other. One of my male friends just doesn't like it at all
and one of my female friends thinks it's just the best thing ever!

I'm not
"out" to the general public, the people that I am out to are all OK with it, some don't
understand just why I crossdress or for that much some don't understand being
bisexual, but they are all still good friends and there isn't any problems. As a whole
I think crossdressing is the least accepted of any life style choice there is. I have no
idea why, just my point of view!

ginat
03-24-2010, 02:27 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?hetero, with bi-curiousity at some level

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?No -- CD'ing is a very recent interest

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.Only how good I look - not at all for CDing

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?Have no contact with "gay community", so I don't know and don't care

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Probably a couple of cards short of a full deck

NathalieX66
03-24-2010, 11:40 PM
1. Profoundly hetero......dang, I'm boring. I have so many gay/lesbian friends...what am I missing out on?
2. Did have a partner ...nothing to to with CD'ing.
2B. She did tolerate it ,actually....I was not accepting of myself then.
3. Yes, as the question was asked.
4. Some gay fellows would like me as Nathalie....Most I know would like me as my guy self, that's what scares me.
5. Some of my friends like my eclecticsm (which I've already admitted to my alter ego Nathalie). Others I' scared of.

jennCD
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM

Heterosexual

Wife

She knows that I consider myself transgendered and I don't believe that fact will ever be a marriage dealbreaker to her.

I am who I've always been. There's nothing to judge about that.

I interact with a number of gay men and women daily and the topic has never come up.

I wouldn't know how society views me personally. I'm not extremely social and prefer a more family-oriented life. I've never cared much for what anyone else thinks of me, other than those that I love.

:)
jenncd

DawnRodgers
03-25-2010, 01:47 AM
I consider myself a heterosexual woman.

Wife

She has known for many years that I crossdress but is unaware of my sexuality or the extent of my being transgendered.

No judging wharsoever. I enjoy crossdressing, am fully comfortable with it and have little, if any, guilt about it. i would likely have gone through SRS if I was fully aware of my feelings at an earlier age. 1

My experience, as little as it is, leads me to believe that gays have little interest in us,. at least no sexual interest. Frankly I have little interest in gay men either.

I really don't know. I've been out and about and seem to have been unnoticed as anything else then what I appear to be - at least nobody has said anything and any partners that I've had seem to accept me as a woman - which is how I want it. I try my best to be what I appear to be.

skylance
03-25-2010, 05:23 AM
1.) Heterosexual
2.) yes, engaged actually =p
2b.) no, i dont judge myself for this, judging oneself on a harmless behavior IMO tends to further the idea that what we do is in some way wrong
3.) yes, she is fully aware and sometimes helps me shop for clothes.
4.) no clue, dont really know many gay people
5.) generally, i dont care for the msot part, only peoples opinions who matter r friends, family, and my fianc'e

Vicky_Scot
03-25-2010, 06:04 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? I class myself as a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes -- She is very supportive and buys me things and goes out with me dressed and we have girly weekends away.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. At first no but over the years I came to accept this is who I am and I have no choice in the matter. Either accept who I am or lead a miserable life.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? In the majority of cases they tolerate us and thats the truth. Do not kid yourself that the gay community welcomes us with open arms.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? If you mean as a crossdresser then I am a freak, weirdo, pervert and of course gay. If as me in bobe mode, I am a nice friendly, helpful guy.

Natalie_393
03-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Somewhere in between

No

I try not to judge myself too much I see crossdressing as an natural thing so I don't feel bad doing it

I pretty sure the gay community accepts us for who we are but perhaps curious about crossdressing

That's tough to answer everybody has different inturpations of what crossdressing is

JenniferR771
03-25-2010, 10:53 AM

-Cat

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, but she refuses to discuss details and the extent of it.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.Yes, I feel less of a man, perhaps falling short of my potential.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?They are as almost mystified as any other group.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Society does not understand. I feel some mild disapproval.
Thanks for your interest.

Interesting survey.

carol ehlert
03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
how do you get on the survey?

Rianna Humble
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
how do you get on the survey?

Just reply to the questions in this thread. I copied the questions from the original post then added my answers rather than do a quote of the 5 questions then answer by number.

kimdl93
03-25-2010, 11:54 AM

1. somewhere in between
2. Yes, since before we were engaged
3. Yes and no. I am reluctant to share this part of me with some members of the family and friends, or to go public en femme. I guess that part of me is still somewhat reluctant to fully come out.
4. I have no idea.
5. Society as a whole has no freaking idea who I am or that I am a trangendered person.

2B Natasha
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM

1- somewhere inbetween. Including A-sexual

2- not any more. Since I have in the last 2 years gained a greater understanding of myself and this part of me. Prior to that. Yes. I judged myself in a very harsh light that showed not only the supposed flaws of be a transvestite but also my precieved faillings as a man.

3- I am divorced so no SO. My close friends know and don't care. I can say that this one of the reasons for the divorce. But not the only reason. In her defense. I burnedany bridges when I was younger by doing foolish things, not being able to talk about it. Because I didn't understand it myself. By the time I came to understand myself and this urge. The die was cast for a split. By forcing on her in exagerated ways and springing things on her she put up a huge thick wall about the issue. To tjat extent she still does not know nor care to understand the nuts and bolts. She has an opinion and that will not change because she is not interested in learning.

4- my experience is that they, like the greater society don't understand it nor have any interest in it so the go about there biz and say. Live and let live.

5- generally speaking. The view me as a cordial, friendly, benign and happy transvestite. There are always extremes and here there is no difference. I've meet tranny chasers and I've meet complete intolerant people. Mostly people don't understand and have soucj I'm there plate that they don't think about it for longer then they look at me or talk to me. I have recently run into a sterotypical response from a person Ieet. She, yes it wad a she and she isn't lesbian, saw me ad Natasha and instead of asking the questions on her mind decided that I must be gay. So up started the rumor mill within these group. IE. Not understanding, not asking but trying to put it into a context that they could rationalize.

Sorry if the spelling bad or fractured. I'm doing this ony phone.

Malori Cross
03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
None of the above, but I do have two kids. I'm just about midway on the M/F spectrum.

I think positively of myself because I have explored my feminine side--few men have the guts to even think they have one. I am a better person for it. Society would benefit if more men would explore their feminine personnas.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Dunno--I never asked any gay person what they think--not that I'd care much anyway.

I guess most men think CDing is creepy, and some (many?) consider it aberrant if not "sinful"; I think many women (in USA, anyway)--esp. younger ones--would think more men should get in touch with their feminine selves--it might make them nicer people. Kind of a "walk a mile in my shoes" thing. (I just can't do heels!)

Please share your findings with us, Cat!

Stina84
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM

I consider myself bisexual but with a little twist: I'm only into men when I'm dressed en femme.

I have just recently moved together with my girlfriend. She is also a (F2M) crossdresser and we frequently reverse roles.

My partner not only knows but actively encourages it. She loves my feminine as well as my masculine aspect equally.

No. I used to feel like a freak but today I'm at peace with my CD''ing.

I don't come in the gay community so I don't know.

Society don't view me as a crossdresser at all since I keep CD'ing within the home and don't go out while dressed.

JulieK1980
03-25-2010, 04:12 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? In between

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes I have an amazing wife!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, and yes she knows the extent of it.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. It's a part of me, but it does not define me. So no.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? They don't really understand us, but accept us overall.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group) Hard to say definitively, but I definitely come across as eccentric.

ChanDelle
03-25-2010, 05:00 PM

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes, spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? No she doesn't.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I can't say I judge myself, but know others would if they knew (for the most part).

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't have the slightest clue. Probably a question best asked to the gay community?

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Perfectly normal, hetero male. I give them no reason to view me otherwise.

ChanDelle

Kaz
03-25-2010, 05:20 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? I have always considered myself heterosexual, but "as Kaz" I have fantasies which I would not wish to explore as my male self.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? She is aware of it (through mis-managed interventions) but it is not openly discussed

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Yes.. it causes problems and issues on many levels. I think this should be your core research question

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I have no interest in the gay community in relation to how I live my life. This question does not impact nor affect why I choose to crossdress.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Difficult to answer as I am not OUT in a big way... but my fears are that they would perceive me at the best negatively, and at the worst with contempt and outright hostility and aggression.

Jaydee
03-25-2010, 06:46 PM

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes, wife of 34 years

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Finally came out to her six months ago. She knows about some underdressing but doesn't know the full extent. I am sure she will some day

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. For most of my life I felt guilty and shameful, but couldn't stop it, just kept it undercontrol. In the last few years I have started to feel better about myself, and less guilty.

I have never asked any of my gay acquaintances, but my impression is that they view us negatively, since we don't fit in the same box as they do.
5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Since my CDing is in the closet, except for my wife, I think that my coworkers and other acquaintances view me favorablely and as a fellow professional.

I hope that is helpful.
Jaydee

Veronica Nowakowski
03-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Primarily heterosexual, though still somewhere in between.

No

No, I don't judge myself for it in terms of right or wrong. I try to understand myself, but not pass judgement.

I feel the gay community doesn't understand crossdressing, by and large, but accepts it none the less.

As I am generally in public in drab, I don't think society has any particular view of me. Any individual's view of me will vary based on the role I am playing when they interact with me. The only thing I can think of is quiet and mild mannered that may apply across the board.

Debutante
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Hetero

Partner -- GG. Married 5 yrs

Yes. She knew before we were married. I explined it all, the history, current feelings ad desires; she helped me dress for one outing, in her gown.
She encourages dressing for me, to get the expression and feelings out, so they can be integrated and not repressed.

Yes. I have been harsh wih myself: much shame and guilt over time. Felt at age 11 that it was wrong, that I could be gay -- felt bad about myself.
Feels difficult to get full expresson as a CDer, to look and feel womanly.
I am slowly overcoming these deep feelings.

Mixed reactions. Some are politically supportive -- others could care less -- others are hostile to the TG community. Building politica support among gays and lesbians for TGs has been slow and difficult in some comunities. Some places, it is easier.

If they see and know me as male in everyday life, they would be shocked to know tht I CD. Several woman I told reacted that way -- they would never have guessed, or they rejected me because of it.

Jason+
03-25-2010, 07:57 PM

Heterosexual with a dose of curiosity.

Yes.

She knows all.

Yes, initially with leftover guilt from being caught by my parents with a stash of panties and told it was a road I didn't want to go down through before doing some research myself believing there was something wrong with my wiring being the only man that wanted to wear women's clothing.

My understanding is that most gay men will not cross dress because of the insta-gay stereotype but they are at least tolerant of us.

Most of society does not yet get to see the whole me. Most of society that I've discussed cross dressers with buy into the instant gay stereotype until they get a little challenge and actually have to stop and think about it. Usually after thinking about it the cross dressing becomes weird or sick rather than overtly homosexual assuming the person doing the dressing doesn't like the same sex. (A friend and I like to stir this particular pot at work. :D )

kathie225
03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
1: I considere myself as heterosexual;

2a: Yes, I have a spouse;

2b: Yes, she knows the extent of my crossdressing;

3: Not certain of the drift sought here. I don't judge myself as I accept myself for who and what I am. I am very comfortable and that is all that counts to me.

4: Haven't thought about what the gay communty thinks because I don't care.

5: Society can believe what it wants! I don't particularly seek their approval and don't run my life on their choices.

Good luck with your paper and I'd like to hear the conclusions you might arrive at.

Annaliese2010
03-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Preface: I have two distinct personalities each of which can predominate my thinking feeling behaving depending on when. During the workweek when interacting with coworkers or the general public it's my male side that is in play - so, most of the time, that's how it is. During the workweek after hours, they sort of coexist as a kind of fluctuating mix. On the weekends there is enough free time available to relax, disengage and become fully immersed and completely identified with my female self, Annaliese, who completely dominates. But it's not like flicking some internal switch. A certain relaxed state of mind is required for such a definite transition. Hard to describe... its a kind of voluntary letting go and once it happens it's a kind of steady state that continues with no further anything required. Wasn't always that way though... in the beginning Annaliese was evanescent, wil 'o wisp, shy and tentative. In time it has been easier to let go, get behind her yield to her growing urge to come to the forefront (maybe because of spending time here?). And lately I've noticed she has begun to adopt some of my personality traits, some which are good some not so. Like she's become more assertive, but also controlling, kind of arrogant at times. Sometimes she's resistant to letting go, waiting till it becomes apparent her time's run out early Monday morning when it's time to shower and get ready for work. Which can be a pain in the ass, throwing my schedule out of synch. If that makes sense. I'm only explaining all this so my answers to your questions make sense. Because I have to give two answers for some of them. I know it sounds strange... and it is I guess. Just tryin to keep it real for ya.

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Me: hetero. / Annaliese: homo (she only wants to be with other females including fab, bi-GG, lezzies, and depending.. other highly femme-self-identified TG's...maybe).

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes and no since we've been living apart, separated about 5 yrs; non-physical that long; gettin divorced this summer; hate her fc'n guts.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Damn straight she does, made sure of it. We showed her good (the b#tch). I think she was jealous how sexy Annaliese looked.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I love who I am. Doin just fine, thank you.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Speaking for us both... Don't know, don't care, but logic tells me they would tend to not be attracted to M2F CD's for obvious reasons.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Me: Great, actually. Got no complaints. / Annaliese: she doesn't care LOL... (love that bout her), but for the times we go out, quite well actually. Though must always use common sense to stay out of harms way and remain safe, given the Neanderthals out there (who are Legion).

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done. ~ Yes! Sounds interesting!!!

Brenda's Friend
03-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Heterosexual
Married
She knows that I did it in the past, she does not know that I still do it
I really wish that I did not have the desire to dress. I have no desire to be or even act like a female.
As a curiosity
Society sees men dressed as a woman as comedy. I have a very hard time shopping because I fear they see me as a pervert.

CamilleLeon
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Heterosexual
long term girlfriend
Absolutely...she helps me dress up most of the time
I used to. I still feel like it's awkward sometimes, but overall I feel much happier with myself. I'm honestly glad I am a crossdresser and I'm working on coming out to more people
I'm not sure. I imagine it's probably confusing to some considering the stereotype that all crossdressers are gay
Society would view me as your typical male. It's only a few of my friends and family that know I dress up. Those that do know are supportive though

Simply_Vanessa
03-27-2010, 06:31 AM

I do not have a firm identity with myself yet. I know, that at the very least, I am a bisexual crossdresser. But I am also taking testosterone blockers...yet I feel like life is bland without being under estrogen's sweet grasp. I could be ts, but its hard to wish that upon myself... so I am something in between :)

I had a girlfriend of 1.5 years, my first love. We have split, and I am too apathetic to try and see people, without having my core identity figured out.

she knew.

judge myself? how could I be judging myself, when I am liberating myself?

not one in the same, but soul sisters anyways :heehee:

the oppressed and repressed minority. unless you are very passable, of course..

Yvonne York
03-27-2010, 07:04 AM

-Cat

1. Totally heterosexual
2. Yes have a wife and b) she is fully supportive
3. Not really.
4. A little with suspicion - although I have no real knowledge either way
5. Society is changing, as more and more people understand. There will always be the loutish males who mock, but women, I beleve, are far more understanding towards my chosed style.

Sometimes Steffi
03-27-2010, 08:56 AM

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes, married 31 years.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, and no, not the extent of it, but because I don't think she wants to know.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not any more. I used to think I was gay, when it was much less acceptable, then I thought I was perverted, then just wierd. Now I think I'm just a variation of normal.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't know anyone in the gay community.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? My first response was pervert or sexual predator. But everyone I've met when buying girl things in guy mode couldn't care less. So, I guess my answer is no big deal for most people.

Elle1946
03-27-2010, 09:40 AM
1. Hetro
2. Spouse
3. Yes all
4. Outsiders
5. Weird ( i before e except after c???) but I do not care what they they think.

markinhose
03-27-2010, 10:28 AM
1. i am bi sexual

2. i was married but divorced not due to only my dressing, but the didnt help my cause as she didnt like me wearing her things (lol). i am involved currently with a female who knows understands and supports me and my need to dress and be able to bring out my true femine side, whether its just at home or in public. she also has helped me immensely with my make up and hair and even picking out cloths when i/we go out.

3. in the beginning i did when i was first caught dressing in my early teens by my mom. its something now that ive been doing for so long, its a part of my everyday life be it dressing completely or just a few articles of clothing i wear for work.

4. those who i know who are gay, do not judge me for my decision. they know i am bi and just like them its my lifestyle and they accept me for who i am.

5. i could care less what others think of me while dressed and in public. but for the most part those who i have come into contact with be it shopping resturants or niteclubs either dont know, or just keep to themselves.

Sarah811
03-27-2010, 02:03 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? I would say somewhere in between, bu mainly bi!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? no and no!

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Yes, but we all judge ourselves to a degree.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Don't know.

Again don't know but probably as a weirdo or a pervert!
:heehee:

Butterfly Bill
03-27-2010, 11:44 PM

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Out and proud, and sometimes loud, and know what to do if I draw a crowd

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Most have been tolerant (but not all! Some view it the way an African-American might regard a blackface minstrel show.) On the other hand I have known some lesbians who have given me enthusiastic encouragement.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Lots of people think I'm gay (and I just let them go on thinking it (easier than trying to explain hetero crossdressing))

Imogen_Mann
03-28-2010, 03:02 AM

In-between, but closer to Hetro than Homo. My first sexual experience was with a man, but I have slept with more (but not exclusivity) women than men since.

I do. A female partner... At 40 it sounds silly claiming to have a 'Girlfriend' but we live here in sin.

She certainly does, and knows everything, has done from the outset 3 years ago (to clarify, My ex partner who also knew everything, and to whom I was also NOT married left me five years ago, and I met my new partner at age 37)

No... I just accept that it is what I am. Maybe I judge myself to be a slightly better person than some because I have come to terms with who I am.

The more intelligent members of the gay community judge us to be Cross-dressers and at least understand why and what we are, but I feel that some of the umm... Les thought prone members have a lower opinion of us as wannabees, as HPW's and think they are better than us in some way. (elitism everywhere I look).

Society views me as the scruffy male I present as in public... Because society as a whole (around here) could not cope with the truth. It stays that way for personal reasons (Outing would cost me my income. That's a FACT).

cosmolovesph
03-28-2010, 11:02 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Absolutely and is completely supportive!

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I have no strong opinion, but don't consider myself a drag queen so there could be a seperation in opinions.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Mixed, accepting, not accepting, indifferent - like everything else I suppose.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done. (would love a copy- cosmolovesph at gmail . com

StarrOfDelite
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
I hope these answers are relevant to your inquiry.

-Cat

I'm sexually omnivorous, which I define as being able to enjoy sex with men, women and other trans-girls, and being able to function as either the passive or active partner, emotionally and physically, as the mood of the moment leads me.

No, married and divorced multiple times, and no steady boyfriends or girlfriends right now.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Only if I'm not color co-ordinated.:o Seriously, I used to feel guilty, but I've out grown that, and realize I am who/what I am, and if the rest of trhe world can't deal with me, eff 'em.

I'm not familiar enough with Gays to answer the question. I've personally always been treated with respect in Gay bars and clubs when I've been dressed as a woman.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Not sure what this question is asking for. I try to present as an attractive woman, with a good figure, well-dressed, and maybe a bit of a cougar, but so long as I'm not in a situation where some yahoo will want to start a fight, I don't mind if I'm looked at as an attractive transvetite with a good figure, well-dressed, and maybe a bit of a cougar.

BethCD
03-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Hetero

Wife

Yes, she is accepting.

No, It is who I am.

Some are tolerant, some are not, just like the rest of the world.....
5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group.
As an individual, no problems. As a CD, many look down on it, I think.

gigiluv
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Being new at it I do feel somewhat self conscious, but the major emotion is depression when I have to go back to being a guy.
4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? So far I have had great support in that area.
5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I live in a small rural town. They view me as a guy and that is the way it will stay. Otherwise they would view me as somebody that needs to be killed.

ashley82
03-29-2010, 06:59 PM

Hetero

Wife of 3 months

More or less. I'm trying not to overwhelm her, so dressing around her has been rare.

Just the normal amount of self-loathing.

I believe they generally don't wish to be associated and don't understand why we would be lumped into the same group as them.

Society has no idea I crossdress, so normally, I'd presume. The few close friends who know are all ok with it.

Kate17
03-29-2010, 08:06 PM
I like women and men when dressed. As a man, I am only interested in wmen.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? yes she does and is very good about it. She does not participate but is tolerant of my activity. I try not to push it but find mysely occasionally pushing the envelope.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Very broad question - morally? socially? religious? For me- none of the above. I am what I am.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? TG's have their own little sphere and we play a part in the grand scheme of the gay community. Typically gay men are not interested in TG's from a sexual standpoint but we all support the alternate lifestyle to some degree or another so they feel a sort of kinship to the tg community.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? In general society thinks of me as aberrant. I do not fit into societies neat little box. I do find that acceptance is more common now than 20 years ago.

Samantha Girl
03-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks again everyone for helping us and participating! Cat has been overwhelmed with all the responses, we didn'y expect so many! We appreciate your honesty and willingness to answer such personal questions. She will definitely send a copy of the survey to anyone who wants it when she's finished! ;)

Lainie
03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
1. heterosexual

2 a. wife

2 b. knows, wishes to remain in denial, likely doesn't grasp the extent.

3. Often judge myself selfish and reckless. Sometimes just enjoy being a girl.

4. Don't know how the gay community views cross dressers.

5. Society as a whole views me personally as a cross dresser mostly with amusement or disinterest. I dress nicely, but the handlebar doesn't go with the outfits.

Nicola2876
03-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi! Glad to help out.

1. Bisexual but never had sex with a man
2. Married
2b. As far as I know she has no idea
3. Not now. I did through my late teens and early twenties. Felt guilty and hated myself for being a "pervert"
4. Not really thought about it. My guess would be they feel indifferent about it as the two aren't related
5. I think society views me as no different as I crossdress at home when alone. I think society views crossdressers as a taboo because we are still an unknown to alot of people and generally different is seen as weird.

AShley AShes
03-30-2010, 05:35 AM
. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?
Bisexual

Spouse

Yes, everything and being Bi

No, it's a part of who I am.

No problems over all in my area.

A strange person.

mollytyler
03-30-2010, 09:49 AM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Just occasional date-male

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no- has been a natural part of me since 15

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? don't know -gay male acquaintances have accepted-at least with ones i interact with-female (lesbian) have an indiffference- I don't advertise my lifestyle as 24/7 lasl 2 years

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? in entertainment industr so slanted in my favor- other observations would say they are still "out" on acceptance-but growing- again i don't flaunt the fact that i have made this lifestyle change,

suchacutie
03-30-2010, 01:02 PM

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? I am married

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? My wife is completely involved with my feminine side. She is my role model and teacher!

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Judge myself? I'm completely comfortable with my feminine self...it is a part of me and is not to be denied.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? In general, probably neutral.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Society hasn't a clue about the connection between my masculine and feminine sides. I feel that most of society doesn't care and of those who do, most are negative.

tina

Mistybtm
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks again everyone for helping us and participating! Cat has been overwhelmed with all the responses, we didn'y expect so many! We appreciate your honesty and willingness to answer such personal questions. She will definitely send a copy of the survey to anyone who wants it when she's finished! ;)
Please add me to the list Bibtmcd@yahoo.com

sonja
03-30-2010, 01:55 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Bisexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? YES!

yes she knows am her best friend an she mine we go shopping go out to bars dressed an so forth
no i love my life thats all i have for this one
4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? the ones i know thinks its fine

really dont care i live my life the way i want my wife loves me an that all that matters to me

EllenCD
03-30-2010, 03:29 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? homosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Not at this time.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no - It is my chosen reality.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? With some confusion and misunderstanding.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I have no difficulty integrating society on a full time basis.

Amberle
03-30-2010, 03:43 PM
1. Inbetween. I suspect most people are somewhere inbetween, rather like a normal distribution, with 100% homo on one extreme, 100% hetero on the other, and most of us somewhere inbetween

2. Yes. My wife recognises what makes me tick, and seems to be rather turned on by the natural dom/sub relationship that comes with it.

2 b. Totally - I'm sitting here in her panties, and she picks a pair out for me every day.

3. Hell no. I'm me, and my attraction to feminine clothing is just as natural as my affinity for a tasty meal or a nice cold glass of wine. It just feels good.

4. I can't really comment as I've never gone out in public, but it seems that there are two distinct communities and the non-CD gay groups tend to shun CDs as some abberation.

5. Personally: society sees me as a successful and normal member of my community. If I cross dressed in public, I expect that society would just laugh at me and my social status would plummet.

MelanieCA
03-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Hetero

Yes, a wife of 14 years

Absolutely.

Never, not in any negative sense.

No idea. But my guess would be that it's roughly the same as society in general. That is, the same percentage of accepting people as those that think we're nuts.

Personally, I can't say, since I do not go out of the house en femme. I would expect the majority of people to think I'm delusional for thinking I could pass as a woman.

Samantha Girl
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
I hope I'm not too late :)

You just made it Tina! ;)

As of now, including email we have 100 responses which is perfect! :) Feel free to keep posting, but anyone who posts after this point may not make it in to the survey. We are starting to break down the numbers now. Everyone who responded as of now is in ;)

Thank you again everyone! Cat may post something soon, expressing her thanks, maybe not too soon, she's a busy girl! :p

mscatie85
03-30-2010, 05:32 PM

-Cat

1) I consider myself Heterosexual.
2) Yes I have a Significant Other but she does not know
3) I sometimes feel wrong for cross dressing but I do know that as much as I want to deny this part of myself, I believe it is part of me and who I am.
4) I think the community tends to be much more supportive of cross dressers even though both communities can be much farther apart than what society thinks. I believe this because we go through some of the same persecution as the gay community and therefore know what it feels like to lead two life and to fight for their rights.
5) For the most part I don't think society really cares about someone like me because there is always something so much bigger going on. The only time I feel examined is when I attempt to draw attention to myself.

Connie D50
03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
1. Some where in the middle. (however never been with a man)
2. Yes (32 years) and I think in the last year she has a better
understanding to what extent.
3. Over the years yes I have, again in the last 5 it's been more postive then negitive.
4. I think gay guys look at me like are you nuts. Gay ladies are a little more understanding. However when I'm at a ladies bar I feel like i have no chance of blending in.
5. I think loved ones try to understand but can't. and outside world no problem when I blend.

darla_g
03-30-2010, 05:41 PM

1. Hetero as I am really only attracted to women. I suppose if i had been with the right woman and an opportunity had come up who knows what would have happened in a purely sexual situation, but I know I wouldn;t have sought it out
2. Yes
2b. Yes

3. I am very comfortable with CDing. I don't get to do it enough, but then again I am less compulsive about it than I hve done in the past. I think it is part of me and I dont want to see it go away.

4. I have had no direct contact with the gay community regarding mine or anyone else's perception of crossdressing, so it would purely be my impression and that could be quite wrong.

5. I think society's impression of CDing is rather poor. Almost always it is a big joke. I think some CDs bring this on the community because of what they select to wear out. If women were to wear that out they might be ridiculed too.

inhiding
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
in between
yes
not at all
I judge because i do feel guilty sometimes
i have no clue
Im having trouble with myself as a cd er so im sure society does

Ellen Ross
04-01-2010, 08:28 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetero, in that I don't think men are attractive - or even care. I want to cuddle only with a woman. I like the term "Male Lesbian".

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? No - but I hope so someday.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I used to think it was odd and wrong, and somewhat a fetish. I know now it isn't rare, and is just the way I am wired. I understand that gender and sex are 2 different things, and I have a different gender than most other males.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I think some understand that we are not much different than themselves. But I think most think we are all gay and need to justify it by wearing female clothes.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? If they knew they would think I'm weird. They think of me in the same way they thought of gays 20 years ago - just wrong. But they will take my money.

MissTiff36
04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Homosexual (as in I see myself as a woman attracted to other women)

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, she met me as a girl

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No, I may have male genitalia but Im still one of the girls to everyone I know

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Here in NM the tglb community is very accepting

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Again, NM is a very accepting state, not saying is perfect and safe, but I dont worry to much when I leave for work in the morning

Samantha_Smile
04-02-2010, 06:27 AM

-I consider myself a hetero male. However, on occasion I have had homo-erotic fantasies. I have had one homosexual experience and lets just say that the fantasy wasn't as enjoyable as the reality.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant
other?

-Yes

-Yes. I tell her as much as I can think of and I answer her questions as honestly as I can.

-I wouldn't say judge, no. Sometimes I feel guilt or shame, but those feelings reduce every time I dress these days.
I do wonder what I would be doing today if I had never gone through my mum's underwear all those 15 years ago.

-I have no idea. I would hope, however, that a community that knows the pain of segregation and abuse would treat crossdressers no differently to anyone else who were decent and kind.

-As no-one but online folk and my SO know about my crossdressing, I think they view me as any other average joe would be viewed. I fear what my family and friends would say/feel if they knew.

Samantha Girl
04-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey again! Cat informs me that it's ok to keep posting, she may need some additional data, so if you haven't answered yet, FEEL FREE! ;)

Thanks again everyone! :D Below is a note from Cat, enjoy :)

Hey...you all rock so hard! I have over 100 responses. So many in fact that my professor is trying to talk me into publishing (or at least trying to) my findings! So...THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! Remember, I never saw your responses attached to any pic or identifying markers so if you requested a copy of the paper, please email me so I can save all of your emails and forward the preliminary paper along in a few weeks. I will of course keep you all informed should this become something published.

Keep posting or emailing responses if you want to be included in the larger study!

Much love and appreciation,

Cat
Caruso12@up.edu

SandraAbsent
04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Somewhere in between

Not at the moment but would lean towards a girlfriend. Guys are just toys

N/A

Used to heavily, but I'm getting over it

In our town they are very excepting

Supercalfragalisticexpialadotious:tongueout

testing_waters
04-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Hetero (with a slight lean to bi)

Yes

No

Yes. I am very ashamed.

Don't know

Society would think of me as a sissy freak.

tiffanyjo89
04-03-2010, 10:08 AM
- I consider myself heterosexual as a male, but if I was a gg, I'd probably be a lesbian.

- I currently do have either, and since I'm only 20, I don't feel any rush to find a mate.

- It depends upon how I'm feeling. You know how you have those days when everything you do seems to go wrong? Or something big goes wrong while everything else goes right? You start looking for things to blame, sometimes my crossdressing goes in front of the firing squad that way.

- Gay community as a whole: accepting but hating that it's associated. Gays as individuals, as different as individuals.

- Well, since I'm in the closet, I don't know how'd they view me as a crossdresser. But, I did go 85% all out as a female cheerleader one year (with shaved legs and everything like that, but no makeup or hair done, since we didn't wind up going out) and my sister's best friend said (in reference to my legs) "I love you, but that's gay." Another person who was there said I had the legs for it though. So I think that the majority of people in the south still don't completely accept crossdressing, but if they'd have to see any "guy in a skirt" they'd rather that the guy look like at least somewhat like a girl, instead of "Joe Football Player."

Tricia Lee
04-03-2010, 11:56 AM
1) Straight arrow.
2) Married (b) she knows
3) No. I've reconciled my crossdressing with my christian life.
4) I feel it's irrelevant
5) As a man, just a regular guy. As a crossdresser when out in public, it's a mix of mostly being oblivious to me, to being polite or amivalent. There is very little negative reaction from the public.

DawnRodgers
04-03-2010, 12:14 PM

I am completely heterosexual in relation to my presentation, i.e. as male I prefer being with a femalwe, as female, I prefer beong with a male.

2. a.Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?

I am married - 45 years.

She is aware that I am a crossdresser, has seen me fully dressed. Does not know the extent of it though in that I prefer being with a man when dressed..

Not at all. I accept what I am, my only regret is that I did not realize it sooner in life.

My limited experience indicates that gay men view crossdressers as "not their cup of tea". That doesn't surprise me because when I dress, I don't consider myself as male in any way.

As is usually the case, society as a whole really has no idea why the act oe think the way they do. They are badgered by political and religious bigots and "brainwashed" into agreeing whith the emotion of the moment. Most are easily led.

Tina P Hose
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
1. Hetrosexual, but would be open, maybe.
2. just me and the cats.

3. Yes. Sometimes I am cool with it, sometimes I struggle.

4. Don't know. It may get a few members pissed off, maybe not.
5. Society ? Society, would think I am a decent person but kind of a smart ass.

Gunda
04-24-2010, 07:18 PM
1. Hetero.

2. No.

2 b. N/A

3. I have in the past but I have come to accept what I do. After all, there are alot worse past-times than this, plus it is so fulfilling and comfortable on a number of different levels.

4. Not knowing many gay people - either males or females - I'm hard pressed to give my opinion on this. I've heard from other CD's that gay males view us either as oddities and a minority of them view us with some level of resentment. Can't say for certain myself.

5. Those people that known in my life are okay with it. Some view it as strange but they realize its my business and they leave me alone with it which is fine. To be left alone to be yourself is all anyone could ever ask for.

Best,
Gunda

Stephanie Anne
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM

None of the above. I am not really attracted to anyone right now in my life. If anything I would be bi with a gay slant.

dog count?

I used to very bad. It was something I wish I could erase and be just like everyone else. thing is everyone else is not as normal as I thought.

Not with the respect we view them. The t in LGBT is almost like the little cousin you take out because mom said to then ditch once you get to the movies.

Most think we are freaks and trying to deceive them and as such are disgusted by what they have no understanding of. The rare few who do not make life worth living.

KatieEvans
04-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Hetrosexual

Nope

N/A

I'm still accepting that i am a CD, but when i am dressed i love it

Don't know, Don't care

I dare not to think

Christina2008
04-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Heterosexual

Not Currently
In the past, I would guess... suspected.

I like to think CD'ing is more common (or common to admit it these days) so I don't worry about being a Crossdresser

Not sure.

Again, not sure.

Angiemead12
04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? somewhere in between

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? yes for 4 and a half years now

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? yes everything about it, even this site

yes, i feel inadequate as a man and inadequate as a woman! Its confusing but i want to be both and cant

i dont know, im not in touch with the community

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? that we are misunderstood and were automatically gay and undependable!

Desiree8
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
1. Heterosexual
2. Happily married 37 years
2b. very supportive, she buys Desiree nighties, pajama, stockings, skincare and makeup items. She also encourages me to shave my legs, etc. At times, I think having a CDing husband is a means by which she can fantasize about having a girlfriend. She will also do some light FTM dressing, briefs, guy pants, shirts, boxers. I suppose we provide a very good balance for one another. Who would have guessed when we first said we wanted to get into each others undies!!! HAAAA!
3. I used to feel guilty, but have reconciled those negative feelings long ago. With support of my wonderful wife, I underdress daily; a very, very happy girl am I.
4. I have not ever discussed the matter with anyone (knowingly) in the gay community. However, regardless of that particular demographics take up my dressing, it has no bearing upon my actions, or happiness.
5. It is very sad that I have to keep Desiree openly away from the workplace. BUT, I can, and do, bring aspects of her personality and character to the table. She is very take-charge, very determined, very no-nonsense. At the same time, she is very compassionate, very understanding of others, and not judgemental.
I truly wish she could be more a part of my professional life.
Oddly, the one person who fully accepts my dressing is my primary physician. She is very accepting, albeit inquisitive, of Desiree. I underdressed for an appointment. For some reason, my pink Victoria Secret bikinis caught her eye. Go figure. BTW, I don't own any "guy" underwear... hmmm....maybe should have borrowed a pair of Hanes from my SO. HEEEE.

I hope this is helpful to you!

OH, as an aside, some people may speculate that we Dressers have low hormones, etc.
At my last physical, (3 weeks ago), my testosterone levels were actually somewhat higher than average. So... that theory is shot in the head.
I dress because I LOVE it!

I would like a copy of your results, please feel free to send me a Private Message.
Thank you for taking the time to provide all of us some well deserved and over due credibilty and respect.
:hugs:

Stephenie S
04-25-2010, 05:01 PM

Heterosexual, maybe bi.

No.

Whoops! I'm not a crossdresser.

What? I try not to judge myself or others.

The same way anyone else does. Homosexuals are people too.

Society treats me just like any other women.

Stephie

Andromeda
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
1. I consider myself heterosexual. 2a. No. 2b. N/A. 3. NO, I am comfortable in my skin. 4. Don't know and don't care at least not yet. 5. Smart, strange, male. However, they do not know that I cross dress.

ErikaLeigh
04-26-2010, 05:20 PM
1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? HETEROSEXUAL

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. NOT ANY MORE, I HAVE COME TO EMBRACE MY OTHER SIDE AFTER MANY YEARS

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? AS OUTCASTS

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? AS AN OUTCAST AND A DEVIANT FROM "NORMAL"

WendyD
04-26-2010, 08:14 PM

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?YES

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I'm still dealing with the realality

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I donn't know. Someday I'll have to ask my Gay brother
5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? If they knew, They would think I was mental.

Alicia.80
04-27-2010, 01:47 AM

I consider myself bisexual.

I have a wife, though we are separated. We still hang out on weekends and occasionally sleep together. The separation had nothing to do with my dressing.

Yes my partner knows, we shop together too.

Sometimes, though the last month or so I've been feeling much better about it, and being more open about it.

Don't know or care.

Well society, at least where I live, isn't really all that accepting; at least not from my experiences.

Sewing_Sophie
04-27-2010, 02:08 AM

Bicurious. It's great to fantasise about, not sure I'd like it in real life, only rarely see actual real physical men that I meet in real life as attractive.

It was only when I admitted this to myself that my crossdressing urges started to hit.

No, never.

I try not to. I do feel some shame at times, I don't know why, I hope that will pass.

Don't know. I do know lots of bisexuals and they're cool with it, does that count?

Less weird than a lot of the other people in my town. Most people are happy to live and let live, it seems.

Loni
04-27-2010, 02:27 AM
answers.

1:i am heterosexual only.

2: alas no :-(

3:I try not to.
i was raised in a time and place were all this info was not around, and was told people like me were perverts.

4:depends on the person, but at large they just put up with us.

5:again same answer as number 4.

for #4/#5 most out there just do not care about us, some would rather put a bat into our heads. some really do care.

Froggy's Angel
04-27-2010, 05:00 AM
A lot of the answers to
"4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?"
make me sad.

I am sorry to hear that so many people on here have had such limited or bad experiences with people in the LGBT community.

I know that I, as an activist and a volunteer with various LGBT Organizations, have heard loads of straight people say to me and others that we should dump the "T" in our name.
That we would be better off and get rights and equality a lot faster if we go rid of the Trans and CD part of our community, and I and my fellow LGBT volunteers and leaders have always been VERY clear and vocal that our Trans and CD Brothers and Sisters are just as deserving of equality and respect as everyone else. :love: